Next Super Console --- What do you want??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
Regardless if its a PS4 or Xbox 720 I expect to hear some news on the next generation of consoles sometime next year. So, with the awesome stuff we have now what do you think/ want the next consoles to have???
Here's essentially what I want...I might be crazy, but I really don't want a PC so I'm hoping to bridge the gap between PCs and consoles.

1. A quad core processor-- with the prices dropping I think a console would benefit from this.
2. 1GB of Ramm
3. Blu Ray -- obviously.
4. Easy to upgrade HDD -- just like the PS3
5. Bluetooth and Wireless N
6. NXE type of interface. I like the XMB, but for me the 360 is a little better.
7. Ability to install your own OS --- I"m still hoping for OSX ability, but oh well.
8.Rumble -- I know its old, but Sony had to be pimp slapped into putting it back in the PS3 controllers.
9. Widgets integration-- like the way the new TVs and Blu Ray players are going. I don't care about Twitter, but I do like the idea of being able to have an ESPN type of widget that I can keep live updates of scores with.

~~~More to come, but I'm sure you guys will have some great ideas.

I really don't think we are close to this. Does anyone else feel this way? Both systems are doing a good job IMO. The PS3 has a major lack of good quality first party titles and the 360 has malfunctioning issues. I think we have at least until 2011 until they start gearing up for another system.

I want a PC console. I'm talking a console that can play PC games that is affordable. Not some $2000 machine. Something that is maybe $300-$400 that can play the nicest looking PC games. Keyboard and mouse included instead of a controller. Seriously.

I bet these companies are always thinking ahead and getting prepared for the next big thing. Video gamers are the epitome of the trendy, unsatisfied customer who always wants something faster, stronger, and better from a technological standpoint. These systems are great for now, but once one company moves forward, the others will all have to compete, or fear being left behind as everybody jumps on the bandwagon of the newer, fancier machine.

So, the incentive is there--the first company to break new ground gets the spoils. And the disincentive is there--if you don't compete with the next wave, fast, you are done. As such, companies can't afford not to be getting ready for whatever comes next.

The old ones are doing just fine I think but the new ones will be here before we know it. Cant wait to see the sort of things they put in them.

Regardless if its a PS4 or Xbox 720 I expect to hear some news on the next generation of consoles sometime next year. So, with the awesome stuff we have now what do you think/ want the next consoles to have???
Here's essentially what I want...I might be crazy, but I really don't want a PC so I'm hoping to bridge the gap between PCs and consoles.

1. A quad core processor-- with the prices dropping I think a console would benefit from this.
2. 1GB of Ramm
3. Blu Ray -- obviously.
6. NXE type of interface. I like the XMB, but for me the 360 is a little better.
7. Ability to install your own OS --- I"m still hoping for OSX ability, but oh well.
8.Rumble -- I know its old, but Sony had to be pimp slapped into putting it back in the PS3 controllers.
9. Widgets integration-- like the way the new TVs and Blu Ray players are going. I don't care about Twitter, but I do like the idea of being able to have an ESPN type of widget that I can keep live updates of scores with.

I want a PC console. I'm talking a console that can play PC games that is affordable. Not some $2000 machine. Something that is maybe $300-$400 that can play the nicest looking PC games. Keyboard and mouse included instead of a controller. Seriously.

I think you guys are practically saying the same thing here.

I dunno, it sounds so predictable, wishing for these things. I want to see how Natal turns out first. I like the idea of 'Minority Report' type of control interface when it comes to menus and such.

This needs to come back:

ps3-controller-concept.jpg

This has been attempted multiple times and has always failed. PC games just aren't made to be easy to install and work on multiple systems.

As for the super system, I think the closest we will get is a Wii 2/HD coming in the next year that will be the system that Wii 1 was supposed to be with upgraded graphics and more internet related access.

22nm multicore CPU / GPU
>8GB of RAM
1080p @ 60fps minimum for all games
Better physics, and better games. I only buy the AAA-level titles, so I don't invest myself too much in a console.

2. 1GB of Ramm
3. Blu Ray -- obviously.

Damn! I remember when parallax scrolling was a big deal. :lol

Forget consoles, my quest for the ultimate realistic experience will only be fulfilled if I own a "Matrix"...

Back