NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope that information about Han being from ANH is wrong. The Facebook interview doesn't say ANH or Episode 4. The interview from a year or two ago doesn't mention it either. What interview is Gipetto referring to?

We really NEED an ESB Han. Sideshow's ANH Han may not be perfect, but we can unanimously agree that it's better than their Bespin version! And the ESB version would go perfectly with Hot Toy's Bespin Luke! It doesn't make any sense that we'd jump from Bespin Luke to ANH Han.

As far as one per year, I think we're living in a dreamworld if we think that will happen. It's too late for Anakin already. Maybe he'll be revealed this year, but we won't have him in hand til 2014. And a HUGE maybe that we'll see Han (whichever version) by 2014, and that would only be a reveal. Just think of how long Luke took. Hes' been out for several months now and still no new reveals, not even at the Toy Fair. But who knows? Maybe the new movies will light a fire under HT to try and get some figures out.

Lu..

I don't think it makes any difference that Luke is from ESB. Where's the indication that they're following themes or patterns anyway? They'll just make what they make.

I'm sure to them, as long as they release one version of each of the big three, then they'll have achieved their goal of getting high end versions Han, Luke & Leia out there into the market. I personally hope it IS ANH Solo - & I'm also hoping for ROTJ Endor Leia at some stage for that matter. Again - who knows what their long term list actually is, but maybe to begin with, they're spreading their choices out between the three films for variety, & not to make 'sets'.

I know what you're saying about the SSC versions - agreed, but sticking to one film - at least in the short term, limits their choices, so that doesn't sound great to me. :huh

I totally hear what you're saying, V. I just think it's unfortunate that they are going all hodge podge on this instead of following a pattern. I'm just a creature of order, so it nags at me that I can't have the characters match from one movie (especially the best of the bunch!). I think it would have made the most "sense" that they went from Bespin Luke to Bespin Han, particularly since the need is greater for a Bespin Han than it is for an ANH Han. Even Medi backed out of making the Bespin Han with this last release. Wasn't it supposed to be a 2-in-1 ESB/ROTJ Han? They included the breathing mask but not the jacket!

And unfortunately HT by their very nature are limited choice-wise because of the few figures they put out. Of course it's a valid strategy to want to touch on each of the movies, especially if you know you're only going to do a few total figures. I just wish they went the other way!

SO disappointed! :(

(but of course you know I'll get HT's ANH Han anyway!)

I really hope that information about Han being from ANH is wrong. The Facebook interview doesn't say ANH or Episode 4. The interview from a year or two ago doesn't mention it either. What interview is Gipetto referring to?...
Yeah, that's something I wasn't sure of, either. I've read two versions of the interview on the boards - one which mentions ANH Han specifically and another that just refers to Han generically.

Although Vintaj raises some good points and I agree with others that ANH is probably the most iconic of the three, I too would prefer an ESB 'set', as it were. ESB just makes more sense to me due to it gelling w/Luke for display, and as a DX release (Bespin Han/Han in Carbonite -- and who here wouldn't be smitten with an HT 1:6 light-up carbonite block? :monkey2).

ANH is harder for me to figure out what they would include for extras. Pretty sure Han's outfit doesn't change for the Yaven ceremony but even if it does, ugh, what a waste of a secondary figure. Maybe they'll just release ANH solo as a single figure but with better attention to detail on the outfit and killer accessories. Anyway, really looking forward to more info on this. Am down for Solo, no matter what.

So HT is going to release one Star Wars figure a year? Good grief. At least the Sideshow stuff is getting better if they'd actually start picking the pace back up again.

Disappointing about Han but let's face it, even if they announced him tomorrow its likely we wouldn't see the final product until 2014 anyway with the HT backlog and their usual delays.

Hopefully they can clear the Avengers stuff out, give us the BD T-800, hammer out some more Iron Men, and then get on with some NEW STUFF!

See - I guess it's obvious anyway, but the thing to consider, is what the ratio of folks out there wanting an ESB big three over variety, is.

HT have likely tried to meet things in the middle somewhere, but there's no way of them gaugeing that perfectly. :huh

Yeah, that's something I wasn't sure of, either. I've read two versions of the interview on the boards - one which mentions ANH Han specifically and another that just refers to Han generically.

Although Vintaj raises some good points and I agree with others that ANH is probably the most iconic of the three, I too would prefer an ESB 'set', as it were. ESB just makes more sense to me due to it gelling w/Luke for display, and as a DX release (Bespin Han/Han in Carbonite -- and who here wouldn't be smitten with an HT 1:6 light-up carbonite block? :monkey2).

ANH is harder for me to figure out what they would include for extras. Pretty sure Han's outfit doesn't change for the Yaven ceremony but even if it does, ugh, what a waste of a secondary figure. Maybe they'll just release ANH solo as a single figure but with better attention to detail on the outfit and killer accessories. Anyway, really looking forward to more info on this. Am down for Solo, no matter what.

Yeah, I'm down for any kind of Han, but you're right that ANH Han might be more difficult to pair up with a seco....

Waitaminute!

What about... Han in Stormtrooper disguise! :horror

Hmmmm, but Han in disguise with no Luke = fail, I think. I mean, I'd still buy it and be happy with it, but... *shrugs*

Edit: ...but then again, assuming HT provided a separate helmet that fit the figure, I could just store the 'disguise' head in the box and have an HT Stormtrooper on display. That would be cool.

Last edited:
Alright!!! I'm done!!! Gimme a god damn Chewbacca!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WOOKIE FOR YOU !!!!!!
TheSoupNazi.png

Based on Luke people are assuming that every HT Star Wars figure will come with two complete figures.

HT Luke was a loss leader. Much like Sideshow Jedi Luke was.

I wouldn't expect a two-fer with Han Solo ANH. Nor do you need one with Anakin. Just two sculpts. That's all.

Back