NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind lightup lightsabers, but what would bother me is the inconsistency it would create for those who haven't made the custom cathode lightsabers for the previous figures.

Depends on the pose at the time if the saber is lit or not for me.

But I suspect the light up sabers, if they are indeed going to be lit up from now on (as in after the first figure with a light up saber), will probably be similar to the way the UU Luke is. Doesn't the blade come off the hilt, medi saber style?

well they said EP1 Obi-wan will be hitting next year. I'm sure a newer CD Clone Wars style Obi-wan will also be made. Those are the two new jedi figures I'm looking forward to. But, there are tons of sith still to be made that I'm really looking forward to more than new jedi.

A lit up sabre gives the Figure Life. Having a lit red sabre in front of Darth vader is a site to behold the red luminiescence shining off the polished ANH armour really does convey that menace. It certainly is eye catching and totally disagree it makes it more toylike.

Give us the choice of lit sabres. If you have other figures we might be able to get the lightsabres separately from the well known parts shops. To lessen the inconsistency with other figures.

I prefer my figures to not have life. If i wanted 12" tall Star Wars people, I would have become a genetic engineer.

There aren't any more jedi that I want besides TPM Kenobi, but Dooku and the last two Vader figures will look bad with the rest of the collection if they have light up blades. What I'm hoping is that they did not mean 'light-up feature' when they said 'new ways to illuminate', though I'd really rather the sabers stayed the same. There was nothing wrong with them in the first place.

NEW DARTH VADER!!! FROM ASK SIDESHOW!!!!!! (Passes Out)

"I really would like to get my hands on a new 12″ Darth Vader figure and General Grievous with some accessories. Any plans in the near future?

Hopefully you’ve had a look at our General Grievous figure! We are developing a new Darth Vader too, and we’ll be showing him off sometime in early 2012."

After Echo & Fives, i want...

ARF TROOPER (Camo)
ARFcamo-TCW.jpg

OR

ARF TROOPER (Shiny)
ARFplain-TCW.jpg

I'd like to see SSC add to their Clone Arsenal with some missile Launchers, Sniper Rifles, Thermal Detonators and Chainguns on select Clones

An Ordnance Trooper would be ace, lots of color
Bombsquad1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind lightup lightsabers, but what would bother me is the inconsistency it would create for those who haven't made the custom cathode lightsabers for the previous figures.

This

I don't even display all my Jedi with their sabers lit.... :mad:

and I'll bet you will find many collectors don't. It's a neet feature, and if they MUST include them, PLEASE also include ones that don't light up at the very least. please everyone that way.

as for " how awesome the red vader lightsaber looks"

Yes, I'll agree that cathode sabers look great. but sideshow will not be doing cathode sabers. if they go to light-up sabers, you can bet they will be LED driven, and look just like the recent medicom luke does.

Which is BAD.

What makes me so certian that we will not see cathode sabers?

Cost.

the custom figures that have them are in the 1000$+ range. AND/or require to be plugged into the wall. sideshow will want to do battery operated.

Back