NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. We might get one anytime though. Not sure they'll wait for the newsletter to lauch pre-orders on the next 12".

Dooku was a boring character & design I can wait....... Give me my Kashyyk trooper to go with Gree then a scout

Disagree... Plus dooku was far more central to Star Wars. With Boba being released... I have to think Jango isn't far behind. They'll probably give him an extra portrait headsculpt... So I really hope Boba gets one. To all you naysayers... Just eBay the head if you don't want it.

Dooku was a boring character & design I can wait....... Give me my Kashyyk trooper to go with Gree then a scout

!!!

:pfft:

Really. Was he that much more visually dull than Captain Antilles? Or the rebel commando? Or Admiral Piett? Or Commander Praji? SS has already made lots of 'visually dull' characters and needs to work their way through a few more that are central to the story lines of the films (and the CW universe!). Dooku is one that leaps to mind. Tarkin is another. Don't get me wrong, I love da clones, but I'd rather see either one (or both!) of those 'old man' characters be released before they do a Kashyyyk trooper - bring 'em on, already! :impatient:

Disagree... Plus dooku was far more central to Star Wars. With Boba being released... I have to think Jango isn't far behind. They'll probably give him an extra portrait headsculpt... So I really hope Boba gets one. To all you naysayers... Just eBay the head if you don't want it.

Yeah, but...

Jango is all we have to go on for Boba. The CW does an excellent job of showcasing just how different "identical" clones can be. For all we know, Boba's had most of his face blown off by a grenade (there's a hideous thought). In a very real sense, we still have no idea what's under the helmet...until such time as someone writes a cannon story for Boba spanning the time up until ANH. OR until Lucas makes an 'ultimate special edition' of ROTJ, where Boba takes off his helmet and joins the Max Rebo Band for a song and dance routine!

...or they could give Boba a portrait that would serve as a sneak peek for the upcoming live-action series :lol

I just noticed the Luke pilot in the "in development" list :yess:
I hope that an X-wing is not too far away and that the sculpt would be HT BSP luke quality :rotfl

...or they could give Boba a portrait that would serve as a sneak peek for the upcoming live-action series :lol

I just noticed the Luke pilot in the "in development" list :yess:
I hope that an X-wing is not too far away and that the sculpt would be HT BSP luke quality :rotfl

Wait, x-wing pilot Luke in development? How did I miss this? Was this in the newsletter? And the sculpt could be HT quality, SS just needs to bring out the strengths of the sculpt with the paint-aps, not bury them as in the past (though, having said that, I have yet to see a SS sculpt that has that high-end HT skin-finish look)...fingers crossed

Ooops, luke was under "planned" not "in development," sorry 'bout that :slap
..but since the list was made last year and since some of the "planned" products are already completed / in development (e.g. battle droids) we can assume that the luke pilot is in development.

as for where I saw it, IrishJedi made a summary of all confirmed planned and in development products in this thread. It's based on Q&A's in SS site, so it's pretty much legit. :hi5:

Ok... I'm officially convinced we'll see a HT DX Darth Vader to go along with Bespin Luke! Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's from the Ask Sideshow on their site... Keep in mind this was in June before they publically announced their partnership.

Can we expect a new 12-inch Vader? Maybe with a removable helmet Soon? WE all know you guys can’t control the aftermarket prices, but this guy is hitting the $500 mark on ebay. Those of us who missed him are praying to the Sideshow Gods!!! That you do another one soon! Please throw us a bone here.

Yes! We’ve been pleasantly surprised with Vader’s aftermarket value, and you are not alone in a wish for a new release. Our concept for the new Vader figure is very much a ‘deluxe’ sort of offering, attempting to represent Vader in as complete a way as possible from Episodes V and VI. He’s in the works, and will see release in 2012.

I'm new to the scene, but when has SSC released a deluxe 1/6? I only know of Hot Toys DX. Guess I get carried away imagining a DX Vader with a matching base/bridge to go along with the Bespin Luke.

Why give work to HT when they can do it themselves and make more $?

Back