NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This most recent flood of arrivals in SW 1:6 scale has had a lot of variety...we've had Clones, Hammerhead, Greedo, Gamorrean Guard and Yoda. Noticeably absent in this round are basic human characters (Jedi, Rebels, Imperials).

I'd guess that we may get an announcement/PPO or two before long, but that this year's main push once again will be SDCC and it will be filled with even more variety.

We've heard rumblings in Q&A's, Newsletters and in here of things like the Cantina Band, a Sandtrooper with Dewback, a Biker Scout and Speeder Bike, Tusken Raider, IG-88 and more...

First quarter of 2012's potential flood of releases will make this year's first quarter look like a cheap date....get ready.

SS isn't moving on from SW. :lol :slap:

I'm not sure how this can be a dry period. I still have 4 clones on Pre-Order. If there was nothing due at all then that would be a dry period.

Josh, what happened to you? You used to read more closely.

Did I say moving on from SW? I meant the exact opposite; a pause in preorders to clear the warehouse shelves before moving on to more preorders.

I'd say its dry compared to most periods in the line's history because other than Cody (which will be cancelled to pick up elsewhere) I got nothing...and usually I have 3-6 preorders pending.

I didn't realize there was still 4 clones yet to be delivered. I know there's Cody and the new green guy but I'm unaware of anyone else. Is that the Waxer/Boil pack?

I read it and took it you meant moving on from SW and clearing the shelves for something else. So I apologize.

I'm sure its dry for some that aren't buying clones.

You've got Cody, Sergeant, and Boil/Waxer. Thats the 4.

I'm starting to think the Hoth Snowtrooper is a very hard to manufacture figure for Sideshow. But once it is done, they could easily produce spin-offs (Snowtrooper Captain, General etc.) like they did with the Sandys. **fingerscrossed**

Since you guys brought him up, I got my Clone Sergeant Phase 1 this past weekend at the Emerald City Comic-Con here in Seattle and he is very nicely done. The joints are nice and tight, he is wearing the nicely done ribbed fabric bodysuit and comes with a great selection of hands. The same ones as Cody, they just have the armor piece painted green. All in all, I would have to say I am very pleased with him. I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order so I hope that one of you guys here on the boards got your wait-list converted.

Which Bounty Hunter do you Think Sideshow will do next after IG-88, not including Boba? Dengar or Zuckuss? I'm looking forward to them all but mostly 4-LOM. Hopefully any work they have done for a 1/6th 3PO will help them put out 4-LOM sooner than later.

Last edited:
I think they are most likely giving us a break with all that's being processed and shipped out right now.

I think they are most likely giving us a break with all that's being processed and shipped out right now.

Probably.

But I hope its that they're working on something crazy cool that will be unleashed on us.

We seem to have so much in the works: Dewback, IG-88, battle droids, and a few other things that have already been teased...I'm curious what they will surprise us with.

I'm still rooting for Hoth stuff.

Probably.

But I hope its that they're working on something crazy cool that will be unleashed on us.

We seem to have so much in the works: Dewback, IG-88, battle droids, and a few other things that have already been teased...I'm curious what they will surprise us with.

I'm still rooting for Hoth stuff.

I bet we see the Dewbacks at SDCC. A bunch of those together would make an impressive display. And maybe they will sneak 12" versions of the droids in there are as well.

I really hope that the new figure drought does not last until SDCC... although in the past the SW line really does seem to slow down after Toy Fair.

Wouldn't be surprised to see TPM Obi-Wan up for pre-order around that time with a 1st quarter ship date to coincide with the theatrical re-release Feb. 10th.

But, the flip side of that is that Sideshow certainly didn't time anything to ship out for the entire year to celebrate the 30th of ESB. (Not that I remember anyway.)

Sideshow said a while back (as everyone was anticipating figures for Empire's 30th) that Hoth would be in 2012. If that is true, I would think this would be a big reveal at SDCC. Maybe the Hot Toys partnership is a tauntaun! Throw in a snow trooper (and a Veers) and it would make for a heck of a year! Oh yeah, and bounty hunters!

Those all sound good to me :rock Although I doubt we'd see any involvement from HT on a Taun Taun; Sideshow has been doing creatures for awhile now, Jabba being a comparable one.

Grand Moff Tarkin and Admiral Ackbar need to be done. GMT is WAY overdue anyways.

Yep, I need Tarkin. Seems like an easy one for SS to throw together too.

I also thought SS said we'd see Dooku before years end 2010? Also seems like a fairly simple old man, could even work on the old Buck body if they have any left over.

Back