1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5a534b38314a3941484545336a513d3d2d3738383936343438372e313630653439633739393930383463303630353032353837333430352e676966

tumblr_o5tes7SQUk1qcmptjo3_400.gifv

Thankfully, I have a rather immutable "list" of characters - existing and not yet created - and I don't intend to deviate from that.

... Said the naive man before putting down his next pre-order.
200.gif

I used to be like you. I needed just a Spider-Man, just a Batman, just a Vader, just an Indiana Jones. One-And-Done representations of the very cream of the crop of my pop culture interests, so to speak. I had rules, such as "no 90% plastic figures". And here I am, with my half-a-grand-entirely-plastic-Thanos and my wishlist of 30 X-Men... I remember when that Samurai Predator went up for PO, and it seemed like such a far-out figure, both in price and quality. I look at it now and it looks like a McFarlane toy. And it makes me wonder, how the things I buy now will look in a decade. I buy these things as the "ultimate representation", but just how true is that?

I've stopped trying to contain it to this fantasy of 30 "Greatest Hits" figures, and do my best to just make the best decision every time (avoid doubles, wait more for the best version, disregard FOMO, etc) and follow a general blueprint. But I know I'll never be a minimalistic collector. I just hope that, as time goes on, I'll trim the fat before making "useless" Pre-Orders. Ah, it is what it is, this "hobby" of ours...

giphy.gif

PS: I went back and found the MWC review of that Samurai Predator, since I was reminded of it. You can read it here if you want, but let me post this bit:

Here is where things get tricky. At around $320 - $350 at most retailers, this is a VERY expensive figure. There's no light feature, no sound feature, and he's not a well recognized character.

The quality is absolutely there - you can tell it's not the usual figure, even for Hot Toys standards, before you even open the box.

This is a figure that will only bought buy a) the serious Predator fan or b) the serious Hot Toys completist. Even they will feel the serious pinch.

Now the average figure costs 285$. The recent MK doesn't have a headsculpt, doesn't even have a cloth hood, and his accessories are four (?) moonarangs. And we build entire displays with these. We double dip. Taxes are up, shipping's up. And accessories and bang for you buck go down, too. More movies, more shows, more companies, more 'tiers'. It all just keeps getting more and more expensive, and at some point you wonder what's even the point of plastic figures that will get updated by the time you're "done", starting another cycle...

Whatever...

WHAT A 1/6TH LIFE!

30d8f788c64d0e7e69b39a27f60d8517969cc573.gifv

My original Hot Toys collection was to only contain OT figures. I had to broaden my scope because the OT figures slowed to about 2 a year and I wanted MORE figures!!

I’m doubt they’d make it, but if they do, maybe I can kitbash a General Kenobi.
general-obi-wan-kenobi-mythos_star-wars_gallery_60efacc688a4c.jpg

With the 20 year anniversary of AOTC, I'm hoping we see at least Padme or a Phase 1 white clone, at least something from that movie.

20 year anniversary of AOTC you say? Isn't that kinda like celebrating a terrible marriage that resulted in divorce, but maybe with some good times along the way?

Still, I would buy a battle damaged Padme if it looked good. They need to throw that old proto in the bin and start over.

20 year anniversary of AOTC you say? Isn't that kinda like celebrating a terrible marriage that resulted in divorce, but maybe with some good times along the way?

Still, I would buy a battle damaged Padme if it looked good. They need to throw that old proto in the bin and start over.
The marriage sucked but some cute kids came out of it. Jango, padme, clones, and a few others. I don’t see hot toys even acknowledging aotc anymore. I hope I’m wrong because I do want aotc obi and anakin too.

I have a soft spot for AOTC, not a great film but has some fun moments, though I feel like some of the characters we'd get from this would be under the TCW or ROTS line like the clones or Windu, I'd grab awkward Anakin and mullet Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

But were due for Padme, mother of Luke and Leia and a prominent character in the Prequels and this year works with AOTC anniversary and because you know were getting a figure of her from Thor this summer. That proto we got a few years back was horrendous.

Wow! Bespin Luke was certainly a surprise! It will be interesting if May the Fourth will be the next SW reveal as Doc Strange 2 releases the next day. Might be a double release week.

Wow! Bespin Luke was certainly a surprise! It will be interesting if May the Fourth will be the next SW reveal as Doc Strange 2 releases the next day. Might be a double release week.

We got 5 pre-orders last May 4th right?

Echo
Grogu
Mando and Blurg (with Kuiil preview in the promo shots)
Stormtrooper Commander
Blurg alone?

Am I missing anyone? It'd be nice if it was similar to that, with more movie love instead.

We got 5 pre-orders last May 4th right?

Echo
Grogu
Mando and Blurg (with Kuiil preview in the promo shots)
Stormtrooper Commander
Blurg alone?

Am I missing anyone? It'd be nice if it was similar to that, with more movie love instead.
I read that and was like what? I totally forget about that many releases!

You nailed what I am seeing on Hot Toys checklist website. Not sure if Cap America was that week or not. I don't think the dates are accurate on the HT checklist website.

Ok, one more time I am saying thus and so: we have representatives of the 212th and 501st, it is past time for the 104th and we can start with their leader.

I will also take Fives and ARC Echo from 501st, but they can really wait till after Wolffe. I am going to keep repeating this till I manifest it by force of will.

(ha ha, I wish. *sighs*)

May the Fourth might be catch up time. Always figured that Cobb Vanth would be a Summer Showcase figure, but I could easily see him for May 4th. Cad Bane is getting made at some point. Black K is an action-y character and wonder if HT would go back to a Wookie figure. Crosshair is still up in the air while that Clone Wars Kenobi has a chance now that Bespin Luke was resurrected. I think that CW Kenobi is unique enough to think that he won't eat into the Kenobi show figure.

Back