1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krennic is way more popular than Piett and Veers. I feel like there’s a ton of characters they’d do from the OT before them

He's the main antagonist, so I get that, but I was really just thinking of Imperials since someone mentioned Veers. I know there's lots of other characters to come, but the Imperials would be pretty easy to do already having Tarkin's template.

I’d bet a large majority of Star Wars fans wouldn’t be able to put a name to Piett or Veers if you put a picture of them in their face. I’m sure some people would buy them but I doubt they’d be hot sellers.

For years I’ve been hoping HT would do Veers, Greedo, an Imperial Officer, or even the DS Trooper and Sandtrooper Sergeant they showed. But over the last year I’ve come to realize that the chances of seeing these types of figures are very slim. With all the Mandalorean releases and no doubt figures of upcoming projects from Andor, Kenobi, and Ahsoka for years to come, OT collectors will be lucky to get one or two announcements a year. At this point I would just be happy with Bespin Han.

I’d bet a large majority of Star Wars fans wouldn’t be able to put a name to Piett or Veers if you put a picture of them in their face. I’m sure some people would buy them but I doubt they’d be hot sellers.
Yep, I feel like if we do get OT minor characters it’ll be stuff like Bossk, IG-88, Zuckuss and 4-Lom, but even then Hot Toys doesn’t really do minor characters unless they’re troopers which makes sense

We can barely get the main OT characters and people want Veers, Greedo, Wedge, etc? Lol! Curb your enthusiasm! Mando and Marvel is all you need to know.

We can barely get the main OT characters and people want Veers, Greedo, Wedge, etc? Lol! Curb your enthusiasm! Mando and Marvel is all you need to know.
The ol M & M and both had huge parts from Favreau. Maybe Howard secretly gets commission from Favreau lol. We should get his attention and ask for an OT set show maybe between ANH and ESB so we get some Hoth love.

It’s kinda funny seeing the wants from collectors on different forums, on Facebook and Discord, most of the Star Wars demands are Clone Wars and PT stuff, on here it’s Wedge and Veers lol

It’s kinda funny seeing the wants from collectors on different forums, on Facebook and Discord, most of the Star Wars demands are Clone Wars and PT stuff, on here it’s Wedge and Veers lol
I completely understand that.
Personally, I like the OT, PT, CW, ASWS, SWR, TM, and I hope for figures from a variety of era's. I think we're quite fortunate with what HT has released. It may not always meet everyone's expectations. When I think back to some SSC first SW releases like Jedi Luke (ehh), and see where we are now? I feel very thankful for all the collecting possibilities that exists today.

For years I’ve been hoping HT would do Veers, Greedo, an Imperial Officer, or even the DS Trooper and Sandtrooper Sergeant they showed. But over the last year I’ve come to realize that the chances of seeing these types of figures are very slim. With all the Mandalorean releases and no doubt figures of upcoming projects from Andor, Kenobi, and Ahsoka for years to come, OT collectors will be lucky to get one or two announcements a year. At this point I would just be happy with Bespin Han.
Preach

I completely understand that.
Personally, I like the OT, PT, CW, ASWS, SWR, TM, and I hope for figures from a variety of era's. I think we're quite fortunate with what HT has released. It may not always meet everyone's expectations. When I think back to some SSC first SW releases like Jedi Luke (ehh), and see where we are now? I feel very thankful for all the collecting possibilities that exists today.
I agree, I feel like eventually every figure people have been dying for will get released someday, but you can’t blame Hot Toys for striking the Mando iron while it’s hot. I’m pretty content with every OT release I have (Vader, DX07, Palps, Yoda, Rotj Luke) so for me personally I want to see more Clone Wars releases since that is ‘MY’ Star Wars I grew up with, I mean Clones can’t be too hard, we got every OT stormtrooper and a million ugly FO troopers

giphy.gif

I definitely want more ESB and Hoth. Things like the Blurrg give me hope that Hot Toys would tackle a Hoth Luke / Hoth Han and Tauntaun. Maybe they could finally release a Chewbacca with a good headsculpt and C-3PO bundled up on his back as an accessory. (or just release C-3PO at all) I believe there was an interview with Howard Chan posted on OSR a little while back where he said he would love to do the the bounty hunters from ESB and mused it would be likely with the upcoming BOBF. Fingers crossed we see them some day for I would dearly love a Hot Toys Bossk, Dengar, and IG-88. (Plus it should be simple enough to do IG-88 now that they've done IG-11.)

Back