1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read this early this morning on the FB group already.

We are soon going to see 1/6 Iron Man reissue (not sure what mark), another 1/4 figure, and a non-figure Star Wars announcement (vehicle? monster?) But unless it is official, these are still nothing but rumors.
Guessing this is a chinese/Hong Kong FB group?

Not really, someone from HK posted it but it was one of the eng groups.
Interesting. I'm really only on the OSRBST and OSR and SixthScaleNetwork.
These "rumors" can go either way, was just curious to see if it was only on some groups and not others or if I just missed it.

Interesting. I'm really only on the OSRBST and OSR and SixthScaleNetwork.
These "rumors" can go either way, was just curious to see if it was only on some groups and not others or if I just missed it.
Honestly, it is hard to keep track. I don't remember names and out of no where here is this scoop or rumor. If there was more of a track record of specific people and what they hear and them owning it, it would be healthy for the entire community.

I brought up the shiny Mando rumor fail and the guy got butt hurt about it but said his other rumors were 99% correct. Then said this is why he no longer posts rumors. So what if you get it wrong once in awhile as long as you get some right too. Just the way it is. Of course Howard or someone at HT sees it and could change something so there is that. I'd just like to weed out the fakes out there. Justin and Jedha both got stuff wrong, but also nailed the Summer Exclusives. Justin nailed the Venom reissue and a couple of the latest releases. Going radio silent after a failed rumor just gets people more skeptical of any future rumors.

I don't get my hopes up until we do see actual results. Hope this weekend provides some sweet, sweet NWH figures.

Honestly, it is hard to keep track. I don't remember names and out of no where here is this scoop or rumor. If there was more of a track record of specific people and what they hear and them owning it, it would be healthy for the entire community.

I brought up the shiny Mando rumor fail and the guy got butt hurt about it but said his other rumors were 99% correct. Then said this is why he no longer posts rumors. So what if you get it wrong once in awhile as long as you get some right too. Just the way it is. Of course Howard or someone at HT sees it and could change something so there is that. I'd just like to weed out the fakes out there. Justin and Jedha both got stuff wrong, but also nailed the Summer Exclusives. Justin nailed the Venom reissue and a couple of the latest releases. Going radio silent after a failed rumor just gets people more skeptical of any future rumors.

I don't get my hopes up until we do see actual results. Hope this weekend provides some sweet, sweet NWH figures.
Oh for sure you don't want to get your hopes up just based on rumors. Plenty don't pan out but some do. I don't think anyone claims to have first hand information. Just someone who is parallel with hot toys (either marketing/factory or something).

Too many of them pan out to be flukes. A bunch of people heard about the summer exclusives. Guessing that got leaked cause of promotional material setup at venues and such.

It could be that Disney/Marvel set the embargo to be longer than in the past due to the pandemic and not expecting it for it to hit immediately so huge.

I might just get that.
There is a very weird cycle with me and the Mark 6. I've owned it multiple times, and sold it on -- then it somehow comes back to me via convoluted trade deals and such. I think I've acquired and sold it at least three times that I can remember. :lol

I love the figure but the lack of a full head sculpt, and the mix of pale gold and gun-metal are what allow me to sell it each time. In my mind it's *almost* perfect? SMH

There is a very weird cycle with me and the Mark 6. I've owned it multiple times, and sold it on -- then it somehow comes back to me via convoluted trade deals and such. I think I've acquired and sold it at least three times that I can remember. :lol

I love the figure but the lack of a full head sculpt, and the mix of pale gold and gun-metal are what allow me to sell it each time. In my mind it's *almost* perfect? SMH
I initially opted not to buy it when I deluded myself like so many others that I'd only ever have one Iron Man and I didn't want my solitary Iron Man to have the triangle ARC reactor. Now I specifically do want the triangle. And this armour played a big role in the first Avengers film, the film that really sold me on the whole MCU enterprise. Add to that how well regarded the figure is generally and I feel it is a good one to own.

My Mark IV will really become redundant in my particular collection then - though it already is. I'll either sell it or see if my brother wants it.

I initially opted not to buy it when I deluded myself like so many others that I'd only ever have one Iron Man and I didn't want my solitary Iron Man to have the triangle ARC reactor. Now I specifically do want the triangle. And this armour played a big role in the first Avengers film, the film that really sold me on the whole MCU enterprise. Add to that how well regarded the figure is generally and I feel it is a good one to own.

My Mark IV will really become redundant in my particular collection then - though it already is. I'll either sell it or see if my brother wants it.
It's absolutely one of my favourite armours, nitpicks aside -- for some of the reasons above. I just like the Mark IV a *smidge* better.

It's absolutely one of my favourite armours, nitpicks aside -- for some of the reasons above. I just like the Mark IV a *smidge* better.
That's fair. The IV seems to me to embody the typical look of Iron Man moreso than the VI. Under my original one and done plan it was a fine choice. But since I didn't stick to my plan and I went and bought Mark VII - accidentally was sent the 85 instead, kept that and reordered the Mark 7 - thereby ending up with 3 Iron Men - the IV became an odd one out, a solo movie armour as opposed to an Avengers movie armour like the others. And the assets I originally chose it for - bulk and round ARC - are present in the Mark VII anyway.

The VI does seem due for a reissue. It’s actually my sole Iron Man figure and I intended to keep it that way but the Battle-Damaged Mark 85 feels like a figure a person would regret passing on in the future. Whether I would keep both or sell the VI I don’t think I’ll be able to decide until I had the 85 in hand. The sheer number of accessories and parts that are included with the VI is impressive; I figure Hot Toys will either leave half of them out for a reissue or increase the price by $100 over the original $359 - or do both!

641411E3-4D74-4BE3-93AC-508FB9ED26B0.jpeg

Cant wait for Doc Ock and Goblin to be announced with a $450+ price point

Yeah between Ock's arms and Gobby's glider... I'm expecting them to be pushing 500 each.

They're worth it, though.

The VI does seem due for a reissue. It’s actually my sole Iron Man figure and I intended to keep it that way but the Battle-Damaged Mark 85 feels like a figure a person would regret passing on in the future. Whether I would keep both or sell the VI I don’t think I’ll be able to decide until I had the 85 in hand. The sheer number of accessories and parts that are included with the VI is impressive; I figure Hot Toys will either leave half of them out for a reissue or increase the price by $100 over the original $359 - or do both!

View attachment 554524
Best Iron Man suit. The triangle arc reactor, **** load of rockets, the helmet, moveable flaps everywhere, its perfection. Had the NEON version as my first Iron Man, but sold it due to the plastic black shine, which looks cheap in day light. Love the idea, but the execution, not so much.

Back