Next Diorama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which diorama would you like to see next?

• Hobbits hiding under the tree from the ringwraith

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Witch King/Wraiths vs Frodo/Hobbits

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Council of Elrond

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Fellowship at the gates of Moria

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces)

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Treebeard with Merry and Pippin

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Sam vs Shelob

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Gandalf the White on the walls of Minas Tirith

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Eowyn (And Merry?) vs the Morgul Lord

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Sam carrying Frodo up Mount Doom

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
I voted for the Fellowship at the gates of Moria, because I desperately want them to do a dio with all the Fellowship in it - several seperate pieces would be fine by me! That said, I think I would rather have them cresting the hill. Having the gates of Moria in a dio would be very cool, though. Either one would be enormous, but I hold out hope that a Fellowship dio of some persuasion might happen. :D

Hobbits hiding under the tree: I have the Escape off the Road plaque, pretty much covers that subject.
WitchKing/Wraiths vs Frodo/Hobbits: Nice idea, although I'm not sure about the scale of the entire piece.
Council of Elrond: Again, nice idea, not much action in the diorama but an memorable scene from the movie. And again, scale can be a problem (hobbits/"big folks").
Fellowship at the Gates of Moria: I already have the Gates AND the Watcher in the Water, so not quite looking forward to another huge dio.
Fellowship vs Cave Troll: Again, a nice piece but too much of a problem scale-wise. Either the Cave Troll has to be very big, or the Hobbits are very tiny.
Treebeard with Merry/Pippin: Lol, are you kidding me? Major scale issues!
Shelob with Sam: Hmm the Shelob statue wasn't really all that. Doubt that a dio like this would be much better.
Gandalf the White @ Minas Tirith: Nice choice, scalewise it would be best if this was a figure of him without the horse. Although I'm not too fond of GtW's likeness from SS so far.
Eowyn vs Morgul Lord: we have the statues that fit together just great, I don't see how a dio would add much more to that.
Sam carrying Frodo up to Mount Doom: Hmm... Frodo... Mt. Doom.. reminds me of the first dio. I was very much not impressed with that one. But maybe it could be redone in a good way hehe. It's definitely a memorable moment from the movie.

As to the SSW wall plaque, I have that one too, but come on, how cool would an actual statue of this be!!
GTW on the walls of Minas Tirith - I chose this as a nice companion to Aragorn at Helms Deep. Two major battles that I would love to see. No Sadowfax - maybe you could have GTW fighting an orc and instead of a siege ladder there's a siege TOWER!
Eowyn vs Morgul Lord - i agree with you but thought i should include it in a list of possible diorama's.
Myself, I chose Sam vs Shelob, because of the reason you gave! The SSW one is ok but not inspiring. Having Sam there with Sting and the phial of Galadriel would be cool, and capture an important scene not only from the film but from the book too. It shows off one of Sam's greatest moments.

Last edited:
I'd love a Boromir with arrows stuck in his chest defending Merry and Pippin.

Boromir pirced by arrows would make a very good dio.

I think it would be great if they had Boromir on his Knees, Lurtz at Point blank range with his Bow too Boromir's face and Aragorn running in from behind towards Lurtz, I think that would make a spectacular Dio :monkey3

I mentioned this on the S&F forum, and i don't know if SS have considered it, but a cool dio of the council of Elrond would be of Frodo placing the ring on the stone table with Elrond stood next to him....maybe his chair could be included too? get a bit of Elven architecture in there? This is an important scene and moment that would be good to have!
I'd still be interested in a multi-piece dio though, like the fellowship fighting the cave troll/Moria orcs.

I would like to see the Council of Elrond, as many others would, but I highly doubt it is a piece that everyone can come to a consensus on as to what would be best and how many pieces should be done to make it that way.

Man thats a tough one with numerous scenes in the poll that i would like to see made as dio's.
I would like the Hobbits hiding under the tree from the Ringwraith for sure and a few of the others but i'll go with good old Treebeard and the Hobbits as your not bound to see old beardy much due to his size so this is one chance for him to make an appearance.

I would like to see the Council of Elrond, as many others would, but I highly doubt it is a piece that everyone can come to a consensus on as to what would be best and how many pieces should be done to make it that way.

I would love to see Sideshow tackle a Council dio.

Hobbits Hiding Under Tree... would have a lot of appeal considering the intensity of the entire scene. I can just imagine a massive Ring Wraith hovering above the four small cowering and scared-schitless hobbits. This truly has masterpiece potential.

Back