Next Diorama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which diorama would you like to see next?

• Hobbits hiding under the tree from the ringwraith

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Witch King/Wraiths vs Frodo/Hobbits

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Council of Elrond

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Fellowship at the gates of Moria

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces)

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Treebeard with Merry and Pippin

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Sam vs Shelob

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Gandalf the White on the walls of Minas Tirith

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Eowyn (And Merry?) vs the Morgul Lord

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Sam carrying Frodo up Mount Doom

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fun poll time! I tried to think of all the great scenes we could have dio's of... I thought of 12 but the maximum options you can have is 10, so the other two I thought about were Frodo, Sam and Gollum wandering in the dead marshes (Not exciting, but a nice iconic image) and Sauron at the Last Alliance, but I'm happy with my SSW Sauron. So these are the other ones that i personally would like to see, how about you? Vote, and give your thoughts! And Sideshow, i hope you're taking note!

Some of these, though great scenes/choices, are just too elaborate and costly to produce, and will never be done. Voted Treebeard and the hobbits.

I honestly can't answer that.
theres about 5 that I would love to see equally.

Excellent choices :rock
I just hope they make some
x :peace

Some of these, though great scenes/choices, are just too elaborate and costly to produce, and will never be done. Voted Treebeard and the hobbits.

As has been mentioned, some of the larger pieces would be possible if they released it in seperate pieces. A Fellowship at the gates of Moria doesn't HAVE to have all members...maybe just Gandalf and Frodo....I would love to see a fellowship vs cave troll piece done in many parts - one piece with 2 Hobbits fighting a Moria orc, one with Gimli on the tomb, one with Aragorn and Boromir, maybe one with Legolas ontop of the troll etc....
And in my eyes, they wouldn't be any more costly than the $300 we're willing to spend at the moment, and elaborate = fun! Infact, I think Treebeard with the hobbits would be the most elaborate and costly as that would surely be one piece.

I voted for Treebeard with Merry and Pip. We really need a full statue of Treebeard done. I also liked the Hobbits hiding from the Ringwraith on the road. Very similar to the SS/Weta piece but very cool. But there are others I would also like to see done:

- The White Tree guarded by the four Gondorian Fountain Guards.

- A 3-D map of Middle Earth

-Aragorn and Arwen on the bridge at Rivendell

-The four Hobbits at King Elessar's coronation

-Grond (with light-up flames)

As has been mentioned, some of the larger pieces would be possible if they released it in seperate pieces. A Fellowship at the gates of Moria doesn't HAVE to have all members...maybe just Gandalf and Frodo....I would love to see a fellowship vs cave troll piece done in many parts - one piece with 2 Hobbits fighting a Moria orc, one with Gimli on the tomb, one with Aragorn and Boromir, maybe one with Legolas ontop of the troll etc....And in my eyes, they wouldn't be any more costly than the $300 we're willing to spend at the moment, and elaborate = fun! Infact, I think Treebeard with the hobbits would be the most elaborate and costly as that would surely be one piece.

There's no doubt some of these would make for great choices, esp. the CT dio. but we're talking about a three or four piece dio. with each piece costing $250-$300 each. So far the only dio. that's involved more than 2 characters is Helm's Deep, and the only dio. I can ever see being made that involves the fellowship is of them coming over the crest . That being said, I'll be the first one to line up should SS ever do a Moria CT dio. :D

I Would love to see the fellowship when they start their journey with them all in single file. Gandalf at the front then Legolas, Gimli, frodo, merry, pippen, sam with bill, boromir and Aragorn at the back.

I Would love to see the fellowship when they start their journey with them all in single file. Gandalf at the front then Legolas, Gimli, frodo, merry, pippen, sam with bill, boromir and Aragorn at the back.

All right, as long as they get the scale right...

Hobbits hiding under the tree: I have the Escape off the Road plaque, pretty much covers that subject.
WitchKing/Wraiths vs Frodo/Hobbits: Nice idea, although I'm not sure about the scale of the entire piece.
Council of Elrond: Again, nice idea, not much action in the diorama but an memorable scene from the movie. And again, scale can be a problem (hobbits/"big folks").
Fellowship at the Gates of Moria: I already have the Gates AND the Watcher in the Water, so not quite looking forward to another huge dio.
Fellowship vs Cave Troll: Again, a nice piece but too much of a problem scale-wise. Either the Cave Troll has to be very big, or the Hobbits are very tiny.
Treebeard with Merry/Pippin: Lol, are you kidding me? Major scale issues!
Shelob with Sam: Hmm the Shelob statue wasn't really all that. Doubt that a dio like this would be much better.
Gandalf the White @ Minas Tirith: Nice choice, scalewise it would be best if this was a figure of him without the horse. Although I'm not too fond of GtW's likeness from SS so far.
Eowyn vs Morgul Lord: we have the statues that fit together just great, I don't see how a dio would add much more to that.
Sam carrying Frodo up to Mount Doom: Hmm... Frodo... Mt. Doom.. reminds me of the first dio. I was very much not impressed with that one. But maybe it could be redone in a good way hehe. It's definitely a memorable moment from the movie.

All in all, I picked the Wraiths vs. Frodo/Hobbits. I love the scene at Weathertop! :rock

Hobbits hiding under the tree: I have the Escape off the Road plaque, pretty much covers that subject.
WitchKing/Wraiths vs Frodo/Hobbits: Nice idea, although I'm not sure about the scale of the entire piece.
Council of Elrond: Again, nice idea, not much action in the diorama but an memorable scene from the movie. And again, scale can be a problem (hobbits/"big folks").
Fellowship at the Gates of Moria: I already have the Gates AND the Watcher in the Water, so not quite looking forward to another huge dio.
Fellowship vs Cave Troll: Again, a nice piece but too much of a problem scale-wise. Either the Cave Troll has to be very big, or the Hobbits are very tiny.
Treebeard with Merry/Pippin: Lol, are you kidding me? Major scale issues!
Shelob with Sam
: Hmm the Shelob statue wasn't really all that. Doubt that a dio like this would be much better.
Gandalf the White @ Minas Tirith: Nice choice, scalewise it would be best if this was a figure of him without the horse. Although I'm not too fond of GtW's likeness from SS so far.
Eowyn vs Morgul Lord: we have the statues that fit together just great, I don't see how a dio would add much more to that.
Sam carrying Frodo up to Mount Doom: Hmm... Frodo... Mt. Doom.. reminds me of the first dio. I was very much not impressed with that one. But maybe it could be redone in a good way hehe. It's definitely a memorable moment from the movie.

All in all, I picked the Wraiths vs. Frodo/Hobbits. I love the scene at Weathertop! :rock

When I voted Treebeard and the hobbits I was thinking more along the lines of doing a bust of treebeard [with arms] and the hobbits [full body] riding on his shoulders. I don't think it would work well any other way.

As for the leading vote getter so far, Frodo and Sam, I agree, you're looking at another "Crack of Doom" dio. size wise with Frodo's face hidden. I just don't think it would have any real impact at all.

If anything, we've all seen that you can always expect the unexpected with SS (Dark Counsel, Saruman vs Gandalf). Even the Battle Above the Black Gates is one that I would have assumed would be too large but they've knocked it out of the park with that one (I received #120 today)! I'm happy to sit back and let SS keep on dazzling me (ie-Balrog vs Gandalf).

Back