Next Diorama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which diorama would you like to see next?

• Hobbits hiding under the tree from the ringwraith

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Witch King/Wraiths vs Frodo/Hobbits

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Council of Elrond

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Fellowship at the gates of Moria

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces)

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Treebeard with Merry and Pippin

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Sam vs Shelob

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Gandalf the White on the walls of Minas Tirith

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Eowyn (And Merry?) vs the Morgul Lord

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Sam carrying Frodo up Mount Doom

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
Sam vs Shelob! :rock

I purchased my first LOTR dio a few months ago after watching the ROTK EE. After watching it I felt the need to buy another LOTR item and decided to grab the Frodo vs Gollum dio since it was fairly cheap. I new this piece was going to be small but I was really impressed with how detailed it turned out to be.

I recently got the Fell Beast vs Eagle too and I have quickly become very fond of this line. It may be awhile before I'm able to purchase another one, but I'd really like to continue with this line and get every release.

The Frodo vs. Gollum is one of my favorite pieces. Both likenesses are amazing and you really can't beat the price. Overall a superb piece.

The Frodo vs. Gollum is one of my favorite pieces. Both likenesses are amazing and you really can't beat the price. Overall a superb piece.

I really like that one as well...Although I would have to say my favorite dio at the moment would have to be saruman vs. gandalf...That one is great!!!

Eowyn vs. Morgul Lord for me. I was hoping for this the last time around and it has such possibility for dynamism.

Eowyn vs. Morgul Lord for me. I was hoping for this the last time around and it has such possibility for dynamism.

I hope not, the SSW pieces do just fine in that category.

Isildur v. Sauron. :banana

I hope not, the SSW pieces do just fine in that category.

Isildur v. Sauron. :banana

They do, and I'm curious how it would be different except in the case of it depicting the Morgul Lord's defeat, or even with the Fell Beast perched over Theoden and Snowmane, with Eowyn coming to the defense. Or with Merry about to plunge the blade into his calf while he holds Eowyn aloft. I've never been a huge fan of the likeness on the Eowyn statue. The face makes her look like a rough and tough Dorris Roberts 30 years younger.

I would also like the Witch-King astride the fell beast holding aloft his flaming sword while facing down Gandalf and Pippin on Shadowfax. That would probably be my preference.

I agree, this is one of my favorite LotR pieces. As you said, the likenesses are sterling, simply superb. The paint apps, the emotion in the sculpt... it's an ideal representation of that moment, as well as an affordable one. ;)

i have yet to see the Saruman vs. Gandalf dio in person, but again it looks like an excellent depiction of the characters and the scene, as to the Eagle vs. Fell Beast statue. The only true weakness in the line is Theoden and Grima piece. The likeness of Theoden is just awful, absolutely dreadful. How SS could fail where ToyBiz delivered, I have no idea.
Sideshow
9717.jpg

ToyBiz
6_TheodenAged7.jpg

Even that picture of the ToyBiz doesn't do it credit. it's one of the few ToyBiz figures I have that I haven't sold, along with Gothmog. Seems to me like SS needed to pay closer attention in this case to what Bernard Hill actually looks like.

Back