Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't Chris Reeve 6'4"? Should be 25.3 inches. I'm just saying ...

SnakeDoc

Correct and that looks about the size of it...I was just listing an example of scale for people who wanted this thing to be 40".....LOL.

Hope that this doesn't go down the Indiana Jones Cinemaquette route where what was shown at SDCC differs from what is released.

Hope that this doesn't go down the Indiana Jones Cinemaquette route where what was shown at SDCC differs from what is released.

The sculpt and paint never changed on Indy, just the hair and beard and people's perceptions of it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of haters of this piece too. But having seen it in person and the evolution of proto to production for other Cinemaquettes, I have no problem plunking down the greenbacks for this one.

It's difficult to try to say anything non-cliché about a piece like this because it truly is astounding.

Why hasn't CM updated their website with him yet?

I hear that Margot Kidder is at the Con, did she habe anything to do with the unveiling?

That would've been cool.

this did turn out great but with only 500 pieces being made there is going to be alot of unhappy people that are not going to have the oppurtunity of purchasing one. You figure you have quite a few people on this board who are going to purchase one for sure and then those who are hoping to buy one. Then there are those at other forums as well and then not to mention many collectors out there who do not even visit forums. This is going to be a RARE item once it is released.

Has anyone at the show asked about the price and if it's been set yet? I'm getting it regardless but planning this type of payment isn't a spur of the moment thing. I'd like to start setting aside. I can't imagine it being higher than 2.

I cant see this breaking the $1800 mark...its to simple. Something like the predator I can see going for 2k, its much more complex and detailed than this. If its sells for 2k+ its just not worth that kind of money IMO.

Chris

I cant see this breaking the $1800 mark...its to simple. Something like the predator I can see going for 2k, its much more complex and detailed than this. If its sells for 2k+ its just not worth that kind of money IMO.

Chris

I hope your're right but it depends on your definition of simple.

I would think sculpting a human, one as unique looking as Reeve, would be much more difficult getting it right compared to sculpting a Predator or Iron Man with his mask down.

His costume may have less going on than Predator but Predator is also much bigger and needed more stuff on him to look busy, his trophies and netting etc.

Just his hair alone looks very complicated, to me anyways.

Back