NewYork Comic Con DC Upcoming Statues...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a quick run through of the pics, I gotta admit that I'm liking that AC Harley Quinn a lot actually.

I guess the stand out is the Frank Miller inspired Bat Man on the horse... that's not to bad .. the others .....meh..

Yup, these are DC direct statues.. Have you guys seen this ballet dancing Man of Steel? HORRIFIC!!! Whoever OK'ed this piece needs to do a better job.. :monkey1

SM_Steel_FrankMiller_1.jpeg

:lol Funniest Superman statue ever!

The guy who OK'ed this piece should get another job; or better still, should be sent to Arkham :pfft:

"The new Superman statue line, coming in 2013, is similar to the hugely popular Batman: Black and White series. Each statue has a metallic finish and every month a new statue will debut – all designed by acclaimed creators like Jim Lee, Frank Miller and Lee Bermejo, with many more creators on tap for future statues."

Hope it won't be 'The Dancing Supermen' line :monkey3

What's the scale on the Death statue????? :stick
I've been wanting one to go with my Absolute Sandman statue so I'm very curious.

People are giving the Superman statue a lot of critique, but it actually reflects the style it is supposed to be going for. In fact he does that exact pose to dodge a bunch of missiles toward the end of Dark Knight Returns. He's famous for looking weird in that comic. Not sure why everyone is so shocked. It looks silly how they handled it though. Random pole and no missiles or anything.

People are giving the Superman statue a lot of critique, but it actually reflects the style it is supposed to be going for. In fact he does that exact pose to dodge a bunch of missiles toward the end of Dark Knight Returns. He's famous for looking weird in that comic. Not sure why everyone is so shocked. It looks silly how they handled it though. Random pole and no missiles or anything.

agreed......

Apart from Supes weird look in TDKR, I believe Miller's style is one of the most difficult things to represent in 3D. Also, if the statue was a bit tilted to the right as if he was actually flying, it would have looked much better. Don't know if we can pose him on the pole (tilt), but if we could, he might look a tad better, but that's it. And yes, the missing missiles makes him look even more stupid :monkey2

BatmanTDKR4-188TheDarkKnightFalls.jpg

Apart from Supes weird look in TDKR, I believe Miller's style is one of the most difficult things to represent in 3D. Also, if the statue was a bit tilted to the right as if he was actually flying, it would have looked much better. Don't know if we can pose him on the pole (tilt), but if we could, he might look a tad better, but that's it. And yes, the missing missiles makes him look even more stupid :monkey2

I was going to say all this, but now I don't have to type it ...:rotfl

Not so much a critique of the statue, but a commentary as to why would DC choose this particular pose?

The statue captures the pose very well, but not the face and expression it gives. The drawing shows Superman to be a bit sad and resigned that he's about to battle Batman who he considers a friend.

Back