Newt...my name is Newt. She's finally here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's excellent work matey, you can tell you've put a lot of thought and love into it.
If i was wearing one i would take my hat off to you. Sod it i'm off to get a hat.
:D

Well, I've said my two cents about ALIEN 3 not only in this thread, but other ones too on this board. Now...back to the original purpose of my thread here...my custom Newt. Do you guys that have talked about ALIEN 3 like her? Post your thoughts here. I appreciate the feedback. I worked hard on Newt, and I'm very proud of her! Thanks! :D

Sorry JM, I kind of came at this thread sideways, but I love your Newt!
Recognised Anakin in there straight away, but you've done a great job.
I'm still eternaly hopeful HT might give us one (and a Newt), and maybe even Bishop when they deliver the Queen!
:chew:emperor

I Like it but id make 1 suggestion

Lose the current hair and use a USMC helmet and some real blonde hair

Just think the hair is letting it down atm

But an excellent job nonetheless

I like the idea of using the helmet. That would be cute and look more ironically "Newt." The hair is the weak point of this figure at the moment, I believe. I'm not a big fan of rooted hair on figures, either, though. I wonder if it's possible to do something that looks a little bit less "hat-like" and more like it's growing out of the head.

The outfit is very well done. I'm going to have to work on a Newt when I finish my Bishop (well, haven't actually started on Bishop yet since none of his parts have arrived).

Nice job Mike!

Before you cut the legs off at the knees, try removing the boots first. Just be careful, and use a dremel instead of the x-acto because you WILL get cut.
The ankles have lots of possibilities of attaching feet once you thin them a bit.

Well, thanks guys for your kind words! Mooncat I can't "lose" the hair since I've put the Super Sculpey on the head, then baked it on and painted it. I have seen Les Walker's awesome Newt where he used the cheap helmet from the Kay-Bee toy store ALIENS vs Cpl. Hicks set. I have that same set, in storage now, but I'll use that same helmet to put on my Newt someday after we get moved inot a bigger house where I can get stuff out of storage finally for display. I'll try that dremel idea for taking off the big Anakin boots someday. But, as it is right now I'm VERY happy with my Newt. Thanks again guys. I've appreciated your comments, tips and ideas and taken them to heart. :D

Here's my custom Newt now with a dirty face and neck. Before painting the dirt and grime look on her neck and face, I sealed the crack between the neck and the body with some Super Sculpey. Her head can't turn much left to right with the molded hair, but that's okay with me.

Newtdirtyfaceandneck.jpg

Newtdirtyfullfigure.jpg

Newtdirty7.jpg

Newtdirty6.jpg

Newtdirty4.jpg

Newtdirty3.jpg

Newtdirty2.jpg

I still have to make a "Casey" doll head for Newt to hold, and put her name on the HT figure stand. But, I think I'm done painting her. So, what do you think now? I chose to paint her as she looked when Ripley and the marines first found her. I even painted some dirt on the tip of her nose....just for fun. :D

Last edited:
Hi icruise. Well..the Casey doll head will be a challenge too. I know that the Sideshow POTA Cornelius comes with a small girl child's doll, and the head would be the perfect size since it is in the 1/6 scale. But I don't want to spend $30.00 or more for the Cornelius figure ONLY to get the doll, and then pop the head off of it for my Newt. Here's some pictures of the POTA Cornelius:

POTACorneliusboxedfront.jpg

This picture shows Cornelius and his accessories in his sealed box. Notice the small "human doll" as they call it, to his left? The head from that doll is the one I need for my custom Newt for the "Casey" doll head. It is the same one Les is using for his Newt.

POTACorneliusboxedbetterpictureopen.jpg

So, I will try to make one with some Super Sculpey. It shouldn't be that hard...I hope! I know Les Walker used the doll head from the Cornelius for his Newt. I'll keep searching eBay and other places online for a cheap Cornelius boxed or loose to get the doll. But, I just will likely end up making one from Super Sculpey. :D

I just found a Sideshow 12 inch POTA Cornelius figure at www.amoktime.com on clearance for $19.99. It's boxed too. That's not too bad. I may think about getting it sometime after Christmas...if they still have one left. But, I'll go ahead and make the Casey doll head from Super Sculpey and see how well it turns out.

Last edited:
I got in a "Casey" doll courtesy of our dear friend on this board...Les Walker! He sent me the doll, and I got it in today. I cut off its head, and now I finally have the "Casey" doll head that my Newt can hold! Check out my new pictures of her with it. Thanks Les! You save the day again my friend! :D

100_6666.jpg

100_6665.jpg

100_6664.jpg

100_6663.jpg

Here's a few of Newt with my regular HT Ripley in her brown leather jacket...

100_6695.jpg

100_6672.jpg

Now, all I have left to do for my Newt is print out her name on some black paper using white text for her nametag for the HT figure stand. Les....please tell me again how you got that to work. I'm having trouble in Microsoft Word 2007 doing white text on a black background and printing it out. It keeps priting black text on a regular white piece of printer paper. How'd you do it? Please let me know. Thanks again!

Now, all I have left to do for my Newt is print out her name on some black paper using white text for her nametag for the HT figure stand. Les....please tell me again how you got that to work. I'm having trouble in Microsoft Word 2007 doing white text on a black background and printing it out. It keeps priting black text on a regular white piece of printer paper. How'd you do it? Please let me know. Thanks again!

I dont know how Les does it but you could just highlight the text and set the highlighter to black. It would probably just easier to do in Excel if you have it and turn the background to black and your text to white. You can probably even find an alien font to download if you look around

You are most welcome there Mike! :D
NOW she's Newt! Rock on buddy! I am proud of your fearless intent and execution. You now have a Newt. :chew
Your Ripley looks much better with the jacket too!

I dont know how Les does it but you could just highlight the text and set the highlighter to black. It would probably just easier to do in Excel if you have it and turn the background to black and your text to white. You can probably even find an alien font to download if you look around

That would work. Try laying out the copy in white font on a black background, and printing it out, until the size matches the other nametags. It took me a few runs to get it right. Hard to match the font too, so try it in different fonts and just print it all on one page, different fonts, different sizes, and cut out the whole slip of paper just to the size of the nametag, It looks perfect when you do that.

Note: Don't make the white letters totally white. To match the Hot Toys printed stands, use a very light grey blue. VERY light. It will look better next to the others.

(I lost all my tag layouts with my old computer Mike, or I would have simpley printed you out one. Sorry bro! )

Thansk for your tips guys. I have both Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word 2007. I'll play around with it on those and hopefully get it right. I'll need to make nametags for all of my future marines too like: Frost, Dietrich, Crowe, Weirzbowski, Ferro, Spunkmeyer. Thanks again! :D

Great job Mike! I think you're the first one to give Rebecca...sorry, I meant Newt, her very own thread! I agree she looks more Newtish (Newtlike?) all dirtied up and clutching Casey (KC?), and that the helmet you've got in storage will really complete the character. Looking forward to seeing all the other marines you're working on whenever you're ready to show 'em off.:cool:

Thanks Mudshark. Yeah Jamal, that figure I am using for my Dietrich is a Dragon "Jennifer" Army figure. I guess I could get another one later on for Ferro. I would have Ferro always wearing her helmet, and green jumpsuit, and her cool glasses.

I'll dig out that cheap Hicks Kay-Bee Toys USCM helmet for my Newt after we've moved into our house. Probably finally make that move in spring 2008...we hope! :D

Back