Newt...my name is Newt. She's finally here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the nametag for Newt on her figure stand now. It doesn't perfectly match the font of the other Hot Toys ones, but it'll do fine for me. I used the advice with the slightly blue gray text Les, instead of solid white text, on a black background. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

Well, I'm going to use an old USCM helmet that I got from the "ALIENS vs Cpl. Hicks" two-pack from Kay-Bee Toys back in 1997. Les Walker used the same helmet on his custom Newt's head.

I will keep searching eBay, and other online retailers for sets of the Hot Toys marines armor, helmets, and all that. I have seen some lately for about $50 - $60 for a set before shipping from overseas. It'd be nice to find someone here in the U.S. selling sets of the loose armor. I'll keep looking...

GoGo! wanna see the finished up product!

are you gonna get her a helmet?

I'll post the finished Newt up to this point on here soon. I did her nametag on the HT ALIENS figure stand a few days ago and I think it turned out well. I'll try to get some pics of it up here this weekend. :D

It'll take me a while to dig out and find that old Kay-Bee ALIENS set to get the helmet for Newt. I will likely not get it out until we move from our apartment into a bigger family house. Hopefully within the next 6 months.

Okay guys. Here she is. This is probably my last post in this thread. I wanted to show everyone my now finished custom Newt with her custom stand that reads, "REBECCA JORDEN "NEWT"" on it. I got the text to look as close as I could to the ALIENS text font. It may not be perfect, but it's good enough for me. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think. I'm done with Newt now, and ready to move on and finish my custom Cpl. Dietrich, and then get started on my custom Pvt. Frost after that.

100_6726.jpg

100_6725.jpg

100_6724.jpg

100_6723.jpg

100_6718.jpg

Here's a "sneak preview" of my custom Cpl. Dietrich still very much "WIP" or "work in progress". I plan on working on her head some more, and then putting her correct last name on the "borrowed" Hudson nametag. Someday I'll get a set of the Hot Toys marine armor for her. I also put her name on the figure stand. It's hard to find the correct font style for the letters, so I just "winged" it. So whadda you think of her so far?

100_6728.jpg

100_6731.jpg

100_6733.jpg

100_6735.jpg

Yeah, I'll clean up around the lettering on the stands too with a fine-point black Sharpie marker, and fill in around the letters so it matches the darker black color of the stands.

I cut the names with scissors and then used some white "Elmer's school glue" to glue the names to the figure stands. I think it woked out well. I then painted some black acrylic carefully around the lettering to try to match the black color of the figure stands. :D

Has anyone evey asked why Hot Toys chose to print the "ALIENS" movie title on the figure stands in green instead of the correct blue color shown on all of the movie boxes, movie posters, and other memorabilia for the movie? I think it's kinda weird. I would hope they'd notice that the movie title has been printed in blue now for almost 21 years!

Last edited:
Oh yeah...here's one more good shot of my custom Bishop too. Wow, I'm so proud of him! I may get another Frank Black X-Files 12" figure and do what "icruise" did. I'd love to make a torn-apart Bishop with all of his guts hanging out, and his milky white "blood" all over! Terrific job icruise! :D

100_6737.jpg

I still plan on getting my Bishop a 1/6 scale laptop someday too. I can't find them any cheaper than about $20.00 from a seller in Hong Kong on eBay. Anyone else find theirs cheaper? How about you pjam? How much was yours for your Bishop? Please let me know, and where you got it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Les! I'll paint some more black around the letters to get it to better match the black on the stands. I'll check out your link for the laptop "tigerfeet". Thanks guys! Merry Christmas! :D

I may still use that Dietrich as Ferro. If I find a female head that looks more like Dietrich. That's the "fun" part too. Finding existing heads that look like the remaining supporting cast in ALIENS.

After a little experimentation, I think I have hit upon a good way to print out labels for the Aliens bases. I tried printing them with my laser printer, but that doesn't get you a true black color, so I printed them out on my photo printer. It looks very good. The only small difference is that the photo paper is a bit glossy and the other Hot Toys bases are matte. It's so easy to print these labels, though, that I may just print them for all of my figures and then they will be uniform. The font I used here is Arial Black, which is not a 100% match for the one that Hot Toys used, but pretty good. I used different sizes since some of the names were pretty long, but in general it was 9 points for the title and 13 points for the name.

I just cut them out and used a glue stick to attach them to the base. I used a black marker to color any white parts of the paper that showed at the edges where I cut the label. No, I don't have Newt or Burke figures yet, but since I had to use a whole sheet of photo paper anyway, I decided to print labels for them. I'll probably end up redoing Newt's label, since it's a bit close to the edge.

aliens_bases1.jpg

aliens_bases2.jpg

aliens_bases3.jpg

Hey icruise, that's a good idea. But, I don't have a photo printer. I do have a laserjet printer. I struggled to get my fonts as close in shape and color as I could to the Hot Toys ALIENS ones. I will try your tips on my father-in-law's photo printer soon and see how it goes for me. Thanks! :D

Show us what your Burke looks like dude? have you started him?

No, I haven't really done anything concrete yet. I'm still in the "exploratory" phase, and I think I'm going to try Newt first in any case.

JediMike, did you buy the barbie overalls separately or did you have to buy the whole doll?

I was able to find the "John Deere Barbie" outfit including the overalls, a pink John Deere t-shirt, boots, socks, and a pink John Deere cap. I got it on eBay for about $20.00. But that beats having to buy the entire boxed figure at Wal-Mart for $40.00 plus tax.

I hope to make a Carter Burke "company slimeball" ALIENS figure someday. I think the hardest part will be finding an existing 1/6 scale head that looks like actor Paul Reiser. I'll keep an eye out for one.

Newt was tough, but for me, the toughest part was finding the 1/6 overalls, and then having to cut the legs on them to fit over the goofy big boots that the 1/6 Star Wars Episode I Anakin Skywalker has glued to his legs! Wow, that was "fun"! :monkey4 :D

Back