Newsletter out--Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-chair (1/6th Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is small. Especially since the actual hologram in the movie looked to be 1/1 scale compared to the real emperor. Plus the hologram doesn't look to be his whole body.

It is small compared to movie scale. But it was not a 1:1 size hologram of the Emperor in TPM. I do wish it was bigger but it still looks very nice.

OK - definitive proof its 1/8. AND IM REALLY SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A HARD a$$.

Here is a scene capture
chairrw9.jpg

Now, assuming everything is 1/6 scale in the picture, to make something 1/8 you would scale it by 6/8 (or make it 75% of the size)
Ive done that here

18scaleqb6.jpg

As you can see - its the exact size as the toy (actually the toy is even a little smaller)
2148_press04-001.jpg

The SDCC chair is absolutely 1/8 scale, not 1/6 - this was a major error.

Now I love SSC to death - and will definitely be getting this, but I mean COME ON! Next thing we know they will have the nemodians using standard Art Buck bodies (as you can see, they tower over the standard body - they're like wookies!)

Anyway, rant over. Im sorry SSC, but you totally missed accuracy on this one.

The Earl of Dunfield said:
Here is a scene capture
chairrw9.jpg

Now, assuming everything is 1/6 scale in the picture, to make something 1/8 you would scale it by 6/8 (or make it 75% of the size)
Ive done that here

18scaleqb6.jpg

As you can see - its the exact size as the toy (actually the toy is even a little smaller)
2148_press04-001.jpg

The SDCC chair is absolutely 1/8 scale, not 1/6 - this was a major error.
I'm going to bet the thought process here was to make it so that Sidious would be on eye-level with most of the currently available figures. It's film inaccurate, but I think this may have been an acceptable trade-off.

In any case, I'm stoked for this. Stuff like this and the Dejarik table and Bubo are really making me love this line, much more so than if they just stuck to the five or so main characters.

Now where's my Wat Tambor?

Anyone have a screen cap other than the one above? I'm not entirely sure the Holo is that big. It is the closest thing to the camera in that shot and therefore can make it seem bigger than it really is. The holo in that pic seems to be the same size as Sideshow's. I think it is the chair that might be small. Either way, I'm sure there were different sizes of mechno-chairs and holographs in the universe so the size won't bother me at all, besides a smaller size may be saving us in the price category. :eek:

Buttmunch said:
Anyone have a screen cap other than the one above? I'm not entirely sure the Holo is that big. It is the closest thing to the camera in that shot and therefore can make it seem bigger than it really is. The holo in that pic seems to be the same size as Sideshow's. I think it is the chair that might be small. Either way, I'm sure there were different sizes of mechno-chairs and holographs in the universe so the size won't bother me at all, besides a smaller size may be saving us in the price category. :eek:

The chair isn't that much closer to the camera than the Neimoidians and Maul. At least, it's not enough to change this 1/8 scale demonstration into 1/6. I stand by my gut feeling that this is 1/7 scale.

In any event, I'm willing to forgive slight scale inaccuracies on something such as this. It's not like they released Qui-Gon on the short body.

Definetely getting this. It looks good posed with Maul, despite if is film accurate or not. I don't really care.

The first time Palpatine ever made an appearance in the saga was through a hologram (ESB) and his TPM holo was quite iconic as well ("Wipe them out, all of them...") so it would be cool to have him in that form. I'll probably get it.

Using that one screen shot isn't really fair as we don't know how far away from the camera Maul is.

I like that the Sidious figure can be removed as well, I wonder if a customizer might make a throne for the Mechno chair to haul Nute around.

Back