News-Worthy Mary Jane Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
koipond said:
understandably these people are upset that the statue tarnishes the otherwise wholesome, all-American image of Mary Jane. I mean that's so not like her.
IrishJedi said:
I think part of the problem is that most of these people very unfortunately view the horribly miscast Kirsten Dunst as the quintessential Mary Jane.

They don't understand that the character is SUPPOSED to be a 10++++ scale hottie, not a pale ghoul who can't act her way out of a paper sack and still has baby teeth.

i think the original intent of my post got overlooked. try clicking on the underlined words....

If I were a woman, I'd take a picture of myself in the MJ pose, to illustrate my full support to AH, SSC and the MJ statue, and I'd post that piece of art HERE!!! Are there any women on this board? REAL women??? Brave women???

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Don't deviate Eli!!! ARE YOU IN???? :monkey3

I actually took a picture of my wife exactly as you asked over the weekend. I was going to post it here until she read your creepy post. Now she won't let me post it. :monkey2

Ha Ha for all those of Scottish heritage, there is a cartoon strip called the Broons about a traditional scottish family. I was reading some last night and there was a strip at christmas and paw broon (the dad) put mistletoe above the kitchen sink, so that he could get a kiss off maw broon (the mum) when she was washing the dishes.

US Weekly had a little write up about the statue controversy in their latest issue. National Organization for Women spokeswoman Mai Shiozaki says," Let's get real: The image of Mary Jane as a sex kitten does not translate to today. It's unfortunate the industry has to portray women in such a negative way just to make a buck." :confused: :confused: :confused: I guess she doesn't like women looking hot. That seems even more unfortunate to me.....

Adam Hughes states, "It's not like I took a demure character and made her sexy. Mary Jane was always sexy. She's a supermodel."

Fuuuk yeah!! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Jen said:
US Weekly had a little write up about the statue controversy in their latest issue. National Organization for Women spokeswoman Mai Shiozaki says," Let's get real: The image of Mary Jane as a sex kitten does not translate to today. It's unfortunate the industry has to portray women in such a negative way just to make a buck." :confused: :confused: :confused: I guess she doesn't like women looking hot. That seems even more unfortunate to me.....

Adam Hughes states, "It's not like I took a demure character and made her sexy. Mary Jane was always sexy. She's a supermodel."

Fuuuk yeah!! :rock :rock :rock :rock
:rock:rock:rock

It still kills me how blatantly obvious it is that they are only targeting this statue because of Spiderman. There are countless other comic statues out there right now that are just as "sexy" as this.

Jen said:

Fuuuk yeah!! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
Awesome!!
FINALLY they report a different well stated opposing point of view instead of the one sided comments they usually report! That's what Reporting should be about on opinionated topics.
You Rock Adam! :rock

Bannister said:
It still kills me how blatantly obvious it is that they are only targeting this statue because of Spiderman. There are countless other comic statues out there right now that are just as "sexy" as this.

Completely overlooking Emma Frost and not even bringing it up during most of these reports is the biggest proof of that.

Now, if Emma was in Xmen 4 and the movie released this summer then it would be the end of the world...

SolidLiquidFox said:
Completely overlooking Emma Frost and not even bringing it up during most of these reports is the biggest proof of that.

Now, if Emma was in Xmen 4 and the movie released this summer then it would be the end of the world...
Exactly.:lol :lol :lol

Back