News-Worthy Mary Jane Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When debating an issue, one can choose to illuminate or to obfuscate. It's a pity that both sides of this inane argument have chosen the latter.

SideshowDusty said:
So like Dave said, it's best to be cool and calm and express yourselves intelligently, rather than trollishly. But hey, what can ya do - both sides tend to live up to their stereotypes in any debate
KitFisto said:
I just saw this. It's just another man hater who needs to get over herself.
And so it goes...

SideshowDusty said:
The thing that is a *tiny* bit concerning is that it's REALLY hard to tell when something is tongue in cheek when written on the internet. WE all know that Shai is pretty tongue in cheek about that stuff (well, maybe), but the major news outlets and majority of America doesn't. When they look at that post, they see a typical crazy, male chauvanistic dude who is reinforcing these women's view of men. So like Dave said, it's best to be cool and calm and express yourselves intelligently, rather than trollishly. But hey, what can ya do - both sides tend to live up to their stereotypes in any debate :eek: The middle ground people always get lost in the ensuing shenanigans...

I agree, we're not helping matters anymore by resorting to name calling. I suppose a lot of us have been immature on how we handled this. I guess it's just the overly silliness that has people on here in an uproar, that they feel the need to resort to these levels. I've been at fault for letting my emotions or sense of pride get the better of me too. But, kind of hard to play the sympathy card towards the collector, when we too have been just as bad. If not worse in some cases.

koipond said:
understandably these people are upset that the statue tarnishes the otherwise wholesome, all-American image of Mary Jane. I mean that's so not like her.

seriously, it saddens me more then I would care to admit when things like this happen. the absolute willingness to be whipped up into a killing frenzy over something so trivial in the face of so many of the world's problems is like a badge of their insulator righteousness that these people wear with pride. instead of turning that disgust on a valid targets like the failure to re-build New Orleans or humanitarian crisis in Darfur and writing letters to their congressperson/senator, they have instead chosen to turn their ire on a statue. of a comic book character. doing laundry.

*sigh*

I think part of the problem is that most of these people very unfortunately view the horribly miscast Kirsten Dunst as the quintessential Mary Jane.

They don't understand that the character is SUPPOSED to be a 10++++ scale hottie, not a pale ghoul who can't act her way out of a paper sack and still has baby teeth.

IrishJedi said:
I think part of the problem is that most of these people very unfortunately view the horribly miscast Kirsten Dunst as the quintessential Mary Jane.

They don't understand that the character is SUPPOSED to be a 10++++ scale hottie, not a pale ghoul who can't act her way out of a paper sack and still has baby teeth.

:clap :clap :clap That is exactly the reason I disliked her as MJ. That and I do not remember MJ being nearly as whiney in the comics/cartoon. Let Dundst go back to playing a vampire and let's get a real woman that can act and look the part to play MJ.

FrankenFan said:
Originally Posted by KitFisto
I just saw this. It's just another man hater who needs to get over herself.
And so it goes...

Ok now I might be wrong on this but I feel the same way. IF I started a blog that had a male bashing two females heads together OMG! There would be no sympathy for me at all (and rightly so). So there shouldn't be any sympathy for this "woman" (I use that term losely when refering to her), sorry I don't believe in double standards at all. Because of that picture and what she is saying in the title line she is preaching hate twords men.

Viking28 said:
Ok now I might be wrong on this but I feel the same way. IF I started a blog that had a male bashing two females heads together OMG! There would be no sympathy for me at all (and rightly so). So there shouldn't be any sympathy for this "woman" (I use that term losely when refering to her), sorry I don't believe in double standards at all. Because of that picture and what she is saying in the title line she is preaching hate twords men.
Fun Fact:

The woman klunking heads in devildoll's avatar is none-other than Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane, drawn by the great Kurt Schaffenburger.

And the klunkeess are bad guys! So it's cool! :lol

hmmm perhaps what we really have is a DC-fan girl who is more upset that Marvel is stealing the show and just used pseudo-feminisim to get more hate generated toward Marvel? :confused:

FrankenFan said:
Fun Fact:

The woman klunking heads in devildoll's avatar is none-other than Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane, drawn by the great Kurt Schaffenburger.

And the klunkeess are bad guys! So it's cool! :lol
It's her avatar not just because of who it portrays but what it portrays, a woman hitting men's heads together. Without sequential images preceding or following it, it losses it's context for the majority that do not have foreknowledge of the original images that accompanied it. Knowledge that I feel is very obscure even for most comic fans (at Least Marvel Fans).

Has anybody read the rest of her stuff??????Talk about hypocrite! Also might want to stay away from the John and Rodney story unless thats your thing.

I would suggest people monitor but avoid posting on that site as it is only giving her site more attention than it deserves.

Darth Loki said:
That's funny, that's the same thing Robert Horry said about game 5 :monkey3

too bad he's going to wish he was there to hit the big shot when the suns win by 3 tonight.

nash said:
too bad he's going to wish he was there to hit the big shot when the suns win by 3 tonight.

One can only hope :D

Actually, I should stop browsing and go watch the game :wave

I'm just amazed at some people. :confused:
These bloggers asserting their opinions in this are just looking for attention, a hotbutton issue.
They are *no* part of the equation in my purchase whatsoever, how dare they try to be...
The *only* woman whose opinion matters to me at all in my purchases is my wife's, and she's cool with it, so the attention whores can go blow it out their exhaust pipes.
I'm sure there are plenty of things they do and buy that I would dissaprove of, but I'm not ass enough to try and spoil their fun, I realize it's their business.
Sideshow, you guys better not let me down by cowtowing to non-customer troublemakers by cancelling these Adam Hughes Comiquettes. I vote with my wallet and my wallet says bring 'em on!

The Drizzle said:
I'm just amazed at some people. :confused:
These bloggers asserting their opinions in this are just looking for attention, a hotbutton issue.
They are *no* part of the equation in my purchase whatsoever, how dare they try to be...
The *only* woman whose opinion matters to me at all in my purchases is my wife's, and she's cool with it, so the attention whores can go blow it out their exhaust pipes.
I'm sure there are plenty of things they do and buy that I would dissaprove of, but I'm not ass enough to try and spoil their fun, I realize it's their business.
Sideshow, you guys better not let me down by cowtowing to non-customer troublemakers by cancelling these Adam Hughes Comiquettes. I vote with my wallet and my wallet says bring 'em on!

Sideshow has been wonderfully supportive of Adam and the statue designs. Hopefully Marvel won't fold under this pressure; afterall, they own the characters....

I can understand, vaguely, why this may be considered offensive. On the other hand it is a fictional character in a statue form.

Get over yourselves you crazy *****es.....your time of the month will pass by soon and you can get on with just doing more important things than pissing and whining about a statue.

I did enjoy the Sideshow response, which summed it up to, if you don't like it then jog on.

nov0606-kfed.jpg

K-Fed says your 15 minutes are up..Ding Ding Ding!

Back