Newbie saying howdy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know.

You may be able to help with a site related question as well. I noticed that it seems creating an album from the user CP is the prefer ed way to upload pics ( then copying the BBC to paste into the desired thread ). Looks like 600x600 is the default and maximum size allowable for uploaded images, yet I have noticed several threads with pics that are 600x800. How do you load pics in the 600x800 size?

First, a heads up about V!C. His post is a sarcastic inside joke. There are "insane fan-boys" experts on what he refers to... it's not him though.

As to posting pics, I have not yet posted pics using the album feature. I always forget that's an option. One problem with that is that I think the albums here have relatively limited space.

I use Photobucket for posting pics. I think it's very user friendly and it automatically downsizes pics to a manageable size. You will find that a lot of people here aren't fans of huge pics because it really slows down page load time for users (like myself) who have slower connections.

I am sure there is a way on Photobucket to change file size, but I am happy with the default, unless I want to make it even smaller, which is very easy to do.

Photobucket also lets you edit/crop your pics very easily. I suppose there are a host of sites like that, I have just grown to like Photobucket.

Once you upload a pic to Photobucket, all you have to do is copy the "IMG Code" and paste it into your message here. You don't need to click on the "Insert Image" feature here.

You can also create multiple albums at Photobucket and the basic free account has plenty of storage space IMO.

You may know all this already, but hopefully something will be helpful.

Anyhoo, welcome to the freaks show!!! :duff
:rock

If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask!

The Entity Thanks much.

Adopted Scot Thanks much.

Enigma Thanks much - and greetings. There seem to be a whole bunch of new members here. Very cool to be in the mix.

HAPPYBOY Thanks much.

Dareth Snoopy Thanks much.

Maglor Thanks much - and thank you for the tech tips on pic loading. I am going to try my first pic post tonight.

Welcome.
welcome-1.gif

Back