Newbie saying howdy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Eaton Flipflop

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I hope that this is the appropriate place in which to post this self-introduction.

Howdy, my name is Mike - a.k.a. Sir Eaton Flipflop ( a name born out of an admiration for the movie This is Spinal Tap ). I have been collecting and customizing for the last ten years or so, and am happy to find a new community in which to share my enthusiasm for the hobby. I am sure that I will see some familiar face here at the Sideshow Freaks board, as I have heard mention of it at other forums through forum friends. I look forward to meeting new friends through this board who share an interest in all things 1/6.

I have a few projects that I would like to share, and would appreciate any advice on posting. I don't know if it breaks any rules of etiquette to post kit-bashes and customs that use parts from manufactures other than Sideshow, or outside of the Sideshow sphere - seems I read that Hot Toys and Medicom a part of the growing Sideshow family. Any advice on the subject is appreciated.

Thanks for reading and best regards, Mike

hi Mike, I'm basically a newb too this is a really great site with a lot of talented people and it looks like they use a mixture of different 1/6 th products for kit bashing and customs but yea lot of nice people here, welcome !!

Welcome Mike!

Yeah, always good to chuck something new into the mix!

What are your main 1:6 interests? Any particular films, franchises you collect/build?

If you hunt around your bound to find a section that caters to your needs - the search function is much underrated!

DG

Thanks for the welcome:)

GrayWolf87 Thanks much - I think this will be a great fit for me as there is a bunch of different subjects covered.

wookieone Thanks much - I appreciate the feedback on that question. I will have to post once I work up my nerve:lol

Darthgothikus Thank you - I am heavily influenced by sci-fi, Romero style horror and military/CT team stuff. I really got my start kitbashing when I was a kid and had just seen a documentary on television about the FX behind Star Wars and Close Encounters. I worked on 1/35 and 1/72 scale model kits at that time and was surprised to learn that the FX guys were using similarly scaled model kits to build up and enhance the ships in those films. Years later I got back into kit-bashing when I saw a magazine ad for one of the first 21st Century Toys modern era 1/6 scale figures ( a SEAL with a MK23 ). I went out to TRUS and picked up a 21st Century Toys base figure, and that was the start of a crazed and rewarding hobby.

Welcome dear kind sir. I want to lead the welcoming committee and hope you enjoy the stay here.

We have a lot of great members, some insane fan-boys and fellas that like to be in the know about all these great collectibles.

Welcome dear kind sir. I want to lead the welcoming committee and hope you enjoy the stay here.

We have a lot of great members, some insane fan-boys and fellas that like to be in the know about all these great collectibles.

:lol Isn't everyone on here a fanboy to some degree? I mean we are on a collectibles website talking about dolls and such. :dunno

And welcome Sir Eaton. :duff

Thanks much:)

Commtech Thanks much - I am thinking I will upload asap.

Darth Waller Thanks much.

snoop101 Thanks much - love the variety of smilies on this site:lol

V!C Thank you - I am looking forward to getting to know folks. Good stay thus far:)

Deak Starkiller Thanks much.

Bamboota Thanks much - looks like users complie gallery/albums they can cull pics from. Seems a good way to make loading image files easier.

Yes -- I am the man around here -- ask me anything. Hot Toys know it all here...

I can talk about any batch of figs.

Yes -- I am the man around here -- ask me anything. Hot Toys know it all here...

I can talk about any batch of figs.

Good to know.

You may be able to help with a site related question as well. I noticed that it seems creating an album from the user CP is the prefer ed way to upload pics ( then copying the BBC to paste into the desired thread ). Looks like 600x600 is the default and maximum size allowable for uploaded images, yet I have noticed several threads with pics that are 600x800. How do you load pics in the 600x800 size?

Hello :wave
From what you have described you will definately enjoy the Customs Forum. Many peeps kitbash and create Customs for their collections so I am sure you will fit in nicely.
Welcome.
x :duff

Back