NEW YORK COMIC CON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say for sure, but I would have to assume that is NOT the final 12" Rorshach mask. I know they were not allowed to show the unmasked version yet by request of the movie studio (to avoid spoilers), perhaps the mask was thrown together at the very last minute. It does seriously look like a sock that someone drew on with a sharpie. I'd bet the farm that the final mask will be much nicer, probably a thinner material like spandex with screen-printed ink patterns or something. There's no way the final product will end up looking like that.

Once again, I'm only speculating... But I think it's early to judge.

Ah ha! So that is the answer to your Rorshach tease!

If you could swipe a few for the Freaks it would be MUCH appreciated. That is a beautiful piece and I am not even a DC fan. :eek:

See... like I said above? We don't have any. We can't get any. We weren't even at the show where they premiered it. So we won't be any help getting them for people, I'm afraid.

I can't say for sure, but I would have to assume that is NOT the final 12" Rorshach mask. I know they were not allowed to show the unmasked version yet by request of the movie studio (to avoid spoilers), perhaps the mask was thrown together at the very last minute. It does seriously look like a sock that someone drew on with a sharpie. I'd bet the farm that the final mask will be much nicer, probably a thinner material like spandex with screen-printed ink patterns or something. There's no way the final product will end up looking like that.

Once again, I'm only speculating... But I think it's early to judge.

I seriously hope you're right, Andy. Any hint about other 1:6 Watchmen being made?

Figures.com has put up several photo galleries:
https://nycc08.figures.com/
Nothing from DC Direct just yet.
Is this new? Gladiator Conan from NECA:
DSCN6934.JPG

The Dark Crystal Skeksis from NECA's Cult Classics line:
DSCN6991.JPG

Are these statues ? or Figures . . .

I love them both . . .

Technically action figures... but like McFarlane figures you probably won't get much poseability out of them.

And if this is the final look for Conan, probably just cut wrists and a ball jointed head.

See... like I said above? We don't have any. We can't get any. We weren't even at the show where they premiered it. So we won't be any help getting them for people, I'm afraid.

I'll happily take the control art. :lol :p Thanks for sharing the art with us especially since not being able to attend I'd have probably never seen it.

Technically action figures... but like McFarlane figures you probably won't get much poseability out of them.

And if this is the final look for Conan, probably just cut wrists and a ball jointed head.

I'd actually love it if they didn't have any articulation whatsoever (maybe a ball jointed head if it's hidden well). Keep these as affordable statues and they'll have my money. :D

Thats why I'd love to see HT make the Conan figures... if they developed an Arnie Muscular body (which they would if making Dutch) they could make some seriously kickass Conan figures :rock

Nice figure, but why is his arm and torso skin textured, but his legs aren't?

Because Hasbro is cheap. The textured skin mold is probably from an older figure.

I collected some Toy Biz, but once Hasbro got Marvel I just quit. Their stuff is total ^^^^.

Shiny plastic. No detail in the sculpts. ^^^^ty sculpts at that. The SpiderMan3 6" line was horrendous.

The Iron Man line looks good, but only because they're 'robotic'. Hasbro has not changed.

Hopefully the rumored 3" line is nice.

I had to go to the statue forum to get pics, heh.

[All credit goes to the guy that took them]

Very nice, I wish I had known about that print earlier.

1030700mh3.jpg

great pic.
1030642sc5.jpg

It looks like they removed the blue hair paint from Andy's Wonder Woman PF figure:
dscn7302pz2.jpg

DSCN7305.JPG

dscn7299vd4.jpg

DSCN7300.JPG

dscn7301rz7.jpg

WOW! Looks better without the blue highlights.. and the suit has been tinkered. New added detail to her top, and the brass belt has been tweaked and improved. The clothes are more tight fitting and the stars are printed into the material vs. just glued or stitched on! Man, what an improvement. Even the paint apps seem to have improved. I may just end up getting her!

What is the ES of the Wonder Woman?

WOW! Looks better without the blue highlights.. and the suit has been tinkered. New added detail to her top, and the brass belt has been tweaked and improved. The clothes are more tight fitting and the stars are printed into the material vs. just glued or stitched on! Man, what an improvement. Even the paint apps seem to have improved. I may just end up getting her!

What is the ES of the Wonder Woman?

Yeah, I went back and compared the two and it has been improved quite a bit. The tighter fitting clothes and the new bottoms are a major improvement. The cape seems to have just been draped on her better.

I've tried to find better shots of the one from NYC Comic con, but all the shots I've seen are crappy and only shown bits and pieces.
Here's the version shown at Toy Fair '08 for comparison:
DSC_0618.JPG

DSC_0905.JPG

Edit:
I also noticed that she's standing more upright and not leaning back so much. I think the base has also been updated.
I'm liking it more and more I see.

Last edited:
That Wonder Woman looks MUCH better without the blue highlights. That's strictly been a comic thing to emphasize black detail since it can't be solid black. I don't think it translates so well into the statue, figure world (unless done by a talented artist who can make it 'blend' well).

Great sculpt as always Andy!

Back