New York advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that t rex was my favorite

why was it closed? what is there now? (what replaced virgin?

I think they closed because it had something to do with their lease. I took my kids for a ferris wheel ride before they closed. The ferris wheel is actually being taken to the new mega Toys R Us at the meadowlands in NJ right off of RT 3. Mall of America bought out that unfinished monstrosity of a mall and they are actually going to open it. It'll have a Legoland, a huge aquarium and and outdoor ski slope. I'm hoping the T rex also winds up there.

Hello fellow freaks

I know she would love to get chinese takeout from those classic white boxes you see on the tellybox. Do those still get used?

Cap'n
Ask the concierge in the hotel to recommend a decent Chinese takeout place. The health department requires each place to post their cleanliness scores by the door. Order a pint or a quart of your favorite food. Don't order a combo - they do not come in the white boxes. Only the pints and quarts come in white boxes.

You are getting some pretty good advice about of NYC its a fun place to visit and a very interesting place to live.

1. When in Times Sqaure or anywhere avoid the people giving out free CD's for their music. Its never really free. They always ask for money.

2. As for Ramen places visit Ippudo and for pizza go to original Rays on Bleeker street. Its a slice of pizza heaven. As for Ipuddo you will have to wait long but its the best Ramen in the city. If you want a real New York Kosher Deli check out 2nd avenue deli. They got sandwiches fit for the t-rex that are epic.

3. You must go to Forbidden plant by Union Square on Broadway and Midtown Comics in midtown. Toy Tokyo is a great place to visit as well.

4. Check out the Star Wars Exhibit in Times Square don't miss out on it!

Go to L&B in Brooklyn and get some pizza.

You want Chinese, go to Wo Hop. Not the cleanest place but you can overlook it.

Take your girl for a walk through Central Park, Tim: Bow Bridge - The Official Website of Central Park NYC

Enjoy your trip, buddy. :duff

Thanks my friend. :duff

Last day today. Love this place. Treated myself to a Kylo Ren from midtown comics, went to the Rangers game at MSG, ate at Rays pizza, Statue of Liberty, watched the lion king on Broadway and also went o an amazing steakhouse called mortons. Amongst a load of other stuff. Already planning our next trip.

Oh yeh: got engaged too.

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips. :duff

Congrats on the engagement!! :duff

To bad I'm just catching this today or I would've had a ton of suggestions for you! Not to pull my own chain but I like to believe I'm a pretty damn good tour guide of this pace :lol

If you caught The Lion King and a game at MSG, went to The Statue of Liberty and Morton's, then you did pretty well right there. If you're still here you should definitely check out Forbidden Planet on Broadway and Toy Tokyo on 2nd Ave (they're a quick cab ride away from each other). Both are must see collectible stores.

And if you're still here for the night and need any suggestions, PM me. If not, at least you have a little sense of the lay of the land and I could guide you really well for your next trip

Thanks my friend. :duff

Last day today. Love this place. Treated myself to a Kylo Ren from midtown comics, went to the Rangers game at MSG, ate at Rays pizza, Statue of Liberty, watched the lion king on Broadway and also went o an amazing steakhouse called mortons. Amongst a load of other stuff. Already planning our next trip.

Oh yeh: got engaged too.

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips. :duff

Sounds like an awesome day and then you capped it off by ruining your life.

Mazel tov! :duff

Congrats on the engagement!! :duff

To bad I'm just catching this today or I would've had a ton of suggestions for you! Not to pull my own chain but I like to believe I'm a pretty damn good tour guide of this pace :lol

If you caught The Lion King and a game at MSG, went to The Statue of Liberty and Morton's, then you did pretty well right there. If you're still here you should definitely check out Forbidden Planet on Broadway and Toy Tokyo on 2nd Ave (they're a quick cab ride away from each other). Both are must see collectible stores.

And if you're still here for the night and need any suggestions, PM me. If not, at least you have a little sense of the lay of the land and I could guide you really well for your next trip

Haha thanks man appreciate it. We actually just got home this second but already planning for end of the year so will definitely hit you up. :duff

'Ruined my life'. Hahahahah what are you lot like. :lol

It would be a pleasure to help. From touristy to non-touristy sites, restaurants for breakfast/brunch, lunch or dinner, shows, shopping, neighborhoods, parks, whatever. I got you covered. The only thing I'm not as savvy with as I once was is the nightlife scene. I've spent a lifetime on the party scene but at 39 I don't go out nearly as much as I once did :monkey2. But I have plenty of people to call for suggestions for that.

Winter is awesome and the city is decorated beautifully for Christmas, but the big downside is outdoors stuff can become limited if it's a cold one.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our fair city!

Thanks again that means a lot! Will definitely let you know once we have secured our next trip. :duff

Best holiday we've had. Absolutely adored your City. :clap

Congrats on the engagement, mate! :clap :woo Where'd you pop the question? The Empire State Building? Set a date yet?

Congrats again, real happy for you. :duff

Thanks my friend! Had to be Empire State building at night didn't it!

We had a meal on my birthday on the Friday, which was a disappointment and the missus was gutted as she booked ill as a surprise. Of course it didn't matter one iota as long as we were together but we stumbled upon mortons on the Saturday by chance and it was just INCREDIBLE so I decided the timing was right for the Empire State after that. :duff

Thanks my friend! Had to be Empire State building at night didn't it!

We had a meal on my birthday on the Friday, which was a disappointment and the missus was gutted as she booked ill as a surprise. Of course it didn't matter one iota as long as we were together but we stumbled upon mortons on the Saturday by chance and it was just INCREDIBLE so I decided the timing was right for the Empire State after that. :duff

That's fantastic, Tim, I'm glad to hear you two had such a lovely time. A lifetime of happiness to you and your fiancée. :duff

Congrats on the engagement, man! If there's anywhere in the world to do it, it's NYC.

It sounds like you had everything planned out and made the most out of your trip, for the short time you were here. PopCultKid's absolutely correct about the city in Christmas, it's a remarkable sight. I've been living here for most of my life, and it never gets boring. There's always something new and interesting to discover.

Back