HELP! Modern life Mad Max, VTS Wasteland Ranger problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow freaks,

As my subject says I could use a little guidance as I'm very new to this bashing scene.

Here's the issue. I have the beautiful modern life head scult of Tom hardy as Mad Max which I got a while ago. For those unfamiliar this is just a head no neck. I then purchased the VT Wasteland Ranger for the body and outfit. Well it finally arrived and as I unboxed it, much to my chagrin, the head and neck are all one piece.

Ok no problem I have a few neck pieces (a longer one with two sockets for ball joints on either end & a shorter one that could have a clip added to give it a ball joint) from some other 1/6 bodies I had purchased for other custom figures. Well the problem is they're both too short.

Here are my thoughts:

1) Buy another body with the neck attached, strip all the clothing off this wasteland Ranger ( which seems like it could be a pain in the ass, especially with the leg brace)

2) search for a longer 1/6 scale neck - do these even exist?

That's all I could think of. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
-M

Option 1, the clothing is very easy to take off, just loosen the straps on the brace. But make sure to get a body that fits the outfits tailoring.

Option 1, the clothing is very easy to take off, just loosen the straps on the brace. But make sure to get a body that fits the outfits tailoring.

Thank you! that's what I figured. I had a body here - one of those that has rubber over the whole skeleton but I just dislocated the left shoulder trying to put the jacket on HA! Also the boots on the VT figure are just boots not feet and it didn't seem like they would fit the legs right. Oh well off to eBay - any suggestions on brand/build?

I'm curious what Tom Hardy head sculpt did you buy? Thnx

It's from a company called Modern Life

https://www.facebook.com/modernlifeML/

I have the ML Daniel Craig sculpt (2 of them actually) and what I noticed is that the ball neck plug within the head is very high. One of the heads was fine since it was placed on a figure with a low collar but the other I pulled the neck plug out of (with needle nose pliers) and repositioned it. I used a Hot Toys Captain America rescue version neck as it is longer than standard necks. I believe the Hot Toys Hawkweye Age of Ultron uses a similar neck. That fixed the problem for me but I'll admit attacking a 300.00 head with a pair of pliers can be a bit unnerving.
Thank you! that's what I figured. I had a body here - one of those that has rubber over the whole skeleton but I just dislocated the left shoulder trying to put the jacket on HA! Also the boots on the VT figure are just boots not feet and it didn't seem like they would fit the legs right. Oh well off to eBay - any suggestions on brand/build?

It's from a company called Modern Life

https://www.facebook.com/modernlifeML/

Hey man would you be interested in selling me this modern life hardy sculpt? Id pay you a fare price if we could come to a fare negotiation?

Back