Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a flaw in my in the chest. It’s a little hole in the chest. Should I take the refund or $50 store credit. It’s not so bad I’m on the fence though.
1307d16a7d7e8be7b75031f0d3c2b567.jpg

Sideshow sent me a Wolverine with the exact defect in the exact spot. Don't know if this person returned this and sideshow sent the same statue to me. Anyway Sideshow described it as just a variation and claims the rest of the statues probably have the same issue so they can't send me a replacement. I haven't seen this particular defect in other people's pictures posted. I am going to return it.

Nope it looks bloody weird lol, the original head is fine. The unmasked head is the one that looks cartoonish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the original masked head looks perfect on the brown wolvie. I was just messing around with the cross over :)

the original masked head looks perfect on the brown wolvie. I was just messing around with the cross over :)

All good man. Jokes aside! This Brown Costume Wolverine needed a better unmasked head

All good man. Jokes aside! This Brown Costume Wolverine needed a better unmasked head

Agree 100%. I essentially only display the brown wolvie with the masked head.

and while the unmasked head on this new version is excellent, I find myself displaying the masked head 10X more often, it just looks so fierce!

Agree 100%. I essentially only display the brown wolvie with the masked head.

and while the unmasked head on this new version is excellent, I find myself displaying the masked head 10X more often, it just looks so fierce!

I believe there will be a fan art head coming soon. Will send you some pics of it. Looks really good. Though the images are for Hulk and Wolverine

My GF who’s Peruvian looked at Wolverine and was like “why is he darker than me”? Lmao. Awesome statue but the skin tone is really off for sure.

Hi is anyone else having trouble getting the back leg peg into the base. I wasted 30 minutes trying many different angels and ways but cannot get the back leg into the base. It's not even a small gap, but a giant 3 inch gap. Just wondering if it's an issue with just me or everyone.

Sideshow always seem to have problems with their damn pegs into the hole. Why not just make the holes bigger, or test out each statue before packing it.

Otherwise the statue looks perfect and awesome, so annoying

Hi is anyone else having trouble getting the back leg peg into the base. I wasted 30 minutes trying many different angels and ways but cannot get the back leg into the base. It's not even a small gap, but a giant 3 inch gap. Just wondering if it's an issue with just me or everyone.

Sideshow always seem to have problems with their damn pegs into the hole. Why not just make the holes bigger, or test out each statue before packing it.

It’s a common problem. If you go a few pages back. There is a way to get this thing to seat

I had same issue. I struggle for long enough and ask sideshow for replacement.

And they reply with below methode.

It worked for me. It's like clicked into position and very sturdy.
Maybe u can try but when you grab wolverine right leg be careful with his boots tip. If you grab too hard it might break.

Sideshow's reply ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While it may require a little bit of effort to get the statue to fit right, we did receive confirmation from our production team that all of the Wolverine statues were tested for fit beforehand. Because of this, I am confident that we can resolve this issue through some troubleshooting. Please attempt the following instructions to help your Wolverine fit properly into his base.

1. Before attempting to insert the key into the base, take a moment to observe the angle of the metal peg on his foot and the socket hole inside the base. Aligning these two parts is more important than the position of the front foot at this point, as you will be able to slightly pivot that foot into position in a moment.

2. Once the peg is lined up, grip Wolverine on his right leg firmly with one hand, and with your other hand brace under the Sentinel's wrist. You may need to press it down with a firm/reasonable force.

I completely understand any apprehension to do this, but rest assured that we will still be able to help you if this results in any damage to the statue.

Now for that front foot. You will need to make sure that you do not have Wolverine's heel resting on the higher lip area of the Sentinel's finger as this can prevent the back foot from seating fully into the base. Again, there should be a small bit of wiggle room to which you can pivot this foot into the correct spot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They claim all of the Wolverine statues were tested for fit beforehand.
Hope it's working for you!

On the other forum people have been bending the peg with a pair of plyers and it then goes in with no problem.

Even though I'd be so happy when it clicked into place and wouldn't want to touch it, I'd still try and take it out again just in case. Better that it snaps now and you get a replacement than 6 years down the line when you move house

Even though I'd be so happy when it clicked into place and wouldn't want to touch it, I'd still try and take it out again just in case. Better that it snaps now and you get a replacement than 6 years down the line when you move house

IMO, that's the smart play.

Find and deal with issues as early as you can.

Mine is going to get boxed back up soon anyway, but I'm still not looking forward to disassembling it.

Not so much because of the foot, but because I just enjoy looking at it so much. Except for the godawful skin tone, this is one seriously fun, visceral, eye popping display piece.

Back