Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy I must have been one of the very last few to order him. No sooner do I order than he goes to waitlist.

This statue is so awesome though. I'm legit blown away.

I might have to get a replacement claw however. The center claw on one of his hands isnt straight and leans closer to one claw than the other.

Holy I must have been one of the very last few to order him. No sooner do I order than he goes to waitlist.

I might have to get a replacement claw however. The center claw on one of his hands isnt straight and leans closer to one claw than the other.

Congrats! It's a stellar PF. I'm sure if you contact CS, they'll give you a replacement on the hand with the bent claw.

Unfortunately I won't be posting any images as I have a misaligned/broken leg peg, and I'm unable to insert the figure into the base.

I thought Sideshows factories are supposed to test fit these things! :slap

What did SS do for you? I have the exact same problem with mine and they told me I wasn’t putting him in it right and it had been tested before being boxed. Now the peg portion of the back foot is broken off in the base from trying over and over... so disappointed... but it’s totally on par for the week I’m having...

Last edited:
What did SS do for you? I have the exact same problem with mine and they told me I wasn’t putting him in it right and it had been tested before being boxed. Now the peg portion of the back foot is broken off in the base from trying over and over... so disappointed... but it’s totally on par for the week I’m having...

I had it wedged in pretty good, and they told me to use more force....so I did and well that resulted it in going in... sort of, but the peg snapped off!

So they had me smash it up.... which wasn't fun let me tell you, and they sent me a full replacement, which was much easier to set into the base.

Got my exclusive today! Peg was bent. Tried the hair dryer and pliers to bend it back. Didn't help. The middle claw on his right hand is also off center and bent outward. And the EX head magnet doesn't attract. So overall, disappointed. Contacted customer support and they asked if I wanted to return or exchange it. Told them I'd like an exchange. Someone from the returns department would contact me in 24-48 hours.

Got my exclusive today! Peg was bent. Tried the hair dryer and pliers to bend it back. Didn't help. The middle claw on his right hand is also off center and bent outward. And the EX head magnet doesn't attract. So overall, disappointed. Contacted customer support and they asked if I wanted to return or exchange it. Told them I'd like an exchange. Someone from the returns department would contact me in 24-48 hours.

Yeah they had me ship back mine today and they are shipping me a replacement. If the replacement comes broken I may just give up and ask for my money back. But my fingers are crossed that. this replacement will work out, because this is technically my first PF. Their customer service is always very accommodating and easy to work with, so at least there is that. I just don’t understand how these QC issues don’t get caught before going to market. Good luck with yours!

I had it wedged in pretty good, and they told me to use more force....so I did and well that resulted it in going in... sort of, but the peg snapped off!

So they had me smash it up.... which wasn't fun let me tell you, and they sent me a full replacement, which was much easier to set into the base.

I wish they would have had me smash mine, but instead I had to ship it back and when it gets there next week, they’ll ship my return. I just want to have the thing already...

:0(

Last edited:

I’d try bending the claw first. Grab it and the claw it’s furthest from and squeeze them together in pulses until they are all equally spaced. If it breaks get Sideshow to replace it. If it doesn’t you don’t have to deal with all that mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d try bending the claw first. Grab it and the claw it’s furthest from and squeeze them together in pulses until they are all equally spaced. If it breaks get Sideshow to replace it. If it doesn’t you don’t have to deal with all that mess.

I've already put the request in to customer service and just waiting for their response. If they ship me a replacement then right on but if they have me try that method first, i'll give it a go.

CS got back to me and stated that it appeared that the claw not being symmetrical is intentional and basically only offered me a full refund if i want. Can anyone here tell me if the claws on the right hand of their statue aren't evenly spaced as well?

CS got back to me and stated that it appeared that the claw not being symmetrical is intentional and basically only offered me a full refund if i want. Can anyone here tell me if the claws on the right hand of their statue aren't evenly spaced as well?
"Yes sir, we meant to make it so the foot peg doesn't fit in the base. And we meant the claws to be crooked. And we also meant for the EX head magnet not to attract to the neck magnet."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've seen at least one case where the claws on the right hand were spaced/flared out evenly.

On mine, and several others I've seen the middle claw is not straight out but runs more parallel with the pinky sided claw.

It can be annoying from certain angles more than others, and it doesn't really leap out at you unless you are fixating on it.

This and the skin tone, followed by price, are my biggest complaint with this piece, which is otherwise quite wonderful and definitely one of SS's best in the almost ten years I've been collecting.

Here’s mine...

EAD68-EBB-5595-4938-91-DF-D3-D076-EB63-B9.jpg

Time to bend it carefully.

I feel like I have gone over mine with a tooth comb and I don't see any of the issues you guys see. I think mine is just perfect as is.

Here’s mine...

Ok. That's the second one I've seen that's "perfectly" flared. Consider yourself fortunate!

I'm sure in the end, they'll be plenty of examples of both. Hopefully the "bad" ones like mine with be the smaller outlier.

Something to be aware of though if you are buying after-market,

Ok. That's the second one I've seen that's "perfectly" flared. Consider yourself fortunate!

I'm sure in the end, they'll be plenty of examples of both. Hopefully the "bad" ones like mine with be the smaller outlier.

Something to be aware of though if you are buying after-market,

Actually to my eye, his looks to have the same thing where its leaning closer to the pinky claw than straight down the middle. I feel a little better know that seemingly everyone's right claw is doing this although I have to wonder if this was intentional or a production flaw that they end up sweeping under the carpet and calling it intentional. I tried to give it light bending and see what happens but I dont feel comfortable enough to do it. They're pretty firm and j feel like applying any more pressure or continuing to do it over time will just snap the claw right off.

It doesnt change the fact that I still absolutely love this piece. It frequently catches my eye while I'm watching TV or gaming as its directly beneath my TV (maybe not the best place to have it since it pulls the eye haha).

Although I am curious about something. Is everyone else's masked portrait faded on the top? I just noticed it last night and the yellow on top of his head is clearly a shade lighter compared to the back of his head and his face. I'm guessing this is intentional and they're going for sun staining as the tops of his thighs are a lighter yellow as well. If anyone can confirm then I think my gripes will be resolved.

Actually to my eye, his looks to have the same thing where its leaning closer to the pinky claw than straight down the middle.

(gulp) y'know...you're right. Looking at it more closely and from a different direction, yup that's pretty much what mine looks like too. My display and primary viewing angle ( a 3/4 view from this left side) tends to make the divergence look more pronounced.

Back