New Weequay 1/6th head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Weequay WIP pics

The amount of detail in this sculpt is incredible!

Come to think of it, that can be said of pretty much all your sculpts!

How long have you been sculpting anyway? Does your job involve sculpting or what? Cuz I know we got the same stuff (sculpey firm) and the amount of perfect detail you can squeeze into it is just stunning!

I can't even make a simple human face yet! :lol although my firm seems to be toughening up and getting all crumbly... Probably drying out...

your work never ceases to amaze me unsung, your sculpts look almost like sideshow sneak peeks. Looking forward to seeing this one done! Finish up that other eye quick!

I've been sculpting for about 13 years. I have done some professional work for film, but that was a few years back. It all just takes repetition
and practice. I also study faces wherever I am.

That is so awesome! And here I'm about to work on that V1 I got from you, man I'm going to need a few of the new ones.

Are you still planning to make hands too?

Yup, hands are still in the plans. I may make two pair. I at least want to make three hands, a set to grip the Vibro ax, and an alternate right hand to hold a Mos Eisley Special. May do an alternate left as well, but it just depends on how hard the hands are to make, these will be my first in 1/6th scale.

Very nice!Looking forward to seeing the completed sculpt.He'll make a nice companion for your V1 Weequay

Quick little update, started on the right side. It's coming along fairly quick, I hope to have this side done tomorrow.

DSCF0809.jpg

And a comparison shot of it with the old for size difference. I know others have mentioned the first one being too big, which I agree. This one looks better to me.

DSCF0810.jpg

And to those asking here and in PM's, I'm not putting together a list just yet, but no worries, I will make sure everyone here is taken care of. No price just yet either, I'm working on a neat idea for the neck and will have to work out costing for that.

looks great so far man! like the first sculpt but this new one is very good. definately pick one up when they are ready!

Thank's for posting the camparison pic.I know this is a little soon but I'm defininatly down for one when the time comes

Thank's for posting the camparison pic.I know this is a little soon but I'm defininatly down for one when the time comes

Hey, I just saw that you're in Charlotte...hopefully I will be your way a few Sundays this fall! I'm in the Wilmington area.

Hey, I just saw that you're in Charlotte...hopefully I will be your way a few Sundays this fall! I'm in the Wilmington area.

That's cool.
Now that you mention it I seemingly remember the Weequay head I got off ebay back when came from Wilmington.

That's cool.
Now that you mention it I seemingly remember the Weequay head I got off ebay back when came from Wilmington.

Could have been me, could have been one of my friends, he had like five copies that I don't think he's done much with.

Hi Unsung Hero,
If at all possible please put down on your list for the new weequay sculpt. Just absolutely amazing. Thanks Keith

Okay, I'm in moving Limbo so I'm not able to upload pics yet, but Weequay will be done tonight or tomorrow. He'll be under silicone this weekend, and casts are forthcoming. I decided to go with an attached neck instead of a two piece, as the design just wouldn't work out perfectly.

Anyone interested in a cast, PM me your email address.

HHHHEEEEEELLLLLLL YEAH!!!!!!! so excited... but please put me at the bottom of the list Unsung, and get these amazing heads out to folks who dont have one of your amazing original heads!!

so excited!!

Awesome, when you got one cast up, do a quick paint job, slap him on a body, and dress him up just for some quick pictures. :rock

stick me on the Weekquay list too, please!

Tiny bit of a set back, my mold box broke, spilling the silicone. I have more ordered as of this morning, so this will set me back a few days depending on how long it takes to arrive. I'll keep everyone updated!

Back