New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Statue Forum....eeek....:slap:

312236IMG6030.jpg

705803IMG6033.jpg

944008IMG6036.jpg

321476IMG6021.jpg

What the... I think I gotta cancel , this looks nothing like the updated production shots on thier web site

I'd consider asking for a replacement hand, that would bug me no end, it's almost like it's square in places & the finger nails are flesh coloured so I'd hope they'd fix that

On the face from a distance in the first pic you can't notice but up close those eyes look way off to me & that would really really bug me but it depends on if you can live with it.

She looks great but those niggles would be too much for me to keep without asking at least

eyes and hand must be replace or send it back. Not acceptable.

What the... I think I gotta cancel , this looks nothing like the updated production shots on thier web site

I think they're charging my card they said approx on the 25th... I'll give it a couple more days maybe to see some more pics but I'm with you, definitely not looking good

Shame. I was looking forward to this. Money saved I guess. I really hope they don't F-up the Pinhead PF.

I'm on the waitlist for the EX....I guess that can be viewed as good or bad. If it converts and I got one that had a jacked up hand and Cookie Monster eyes, it would suck...on the other hand (no pun intended) if it converts and I got a good one, I'd probably be happy. Its a shame that some of these statues are such a hit or miss...especially at the price points.

I'm on the waitlist for the EX....I guess that can be viewed as good or bad. If it converts and I got one that had a jacked up hand and Cookie Monster eyes, it would suck...on the other hand (no pun intended) if it converts and I got a good one, I'd probably be happy. Its a shame that some of these statues are such a hit or miss...especially at the price points.
Just got to wait till you get yours to pass judgement. Just like Emma frost, if you go into that thread it started like this with really bad in hand pix and qc issues and slew of wonky eyes and bad paint app but then as time went on people were getting more and more better looking statues. I can attest that the frost I recieved was a really well done statue so I still have hope this will turn out, just dont want the first wave of released statues seems to be what im learning from my little time with pfs

Just got to wait till you get yours to pass judgement. Just like Emma frost, if you go into that thread it started like this with really bad in hand pix and qc issues and slew of wonky eyes and bad paint app but then as time went on people were getting more and more better looking statues. I can attest that the frost I recieved was a really well done statue so I still have hope this will turn out, just dont want the first wave of released statues seems to be what im learning from my little time with pfs

As someone who is new to the hobby, I appreciate this advice!

So 1-2 people received bad ones and ppl want to start canceling?:slap

What has this hobby turned into.

Yep.
Sideshow has the unerring knack for letting the first few statues trickle out to collectors with the crappiest cell phone cameras in existence.
The rest of us pore over these fuzzy low res thumbnails and agonize on whether to cancel or shift our NRD if possible.
Then units start shipping en masse and most of us heave a collective sigh of relief if we "luck out" and receive something that resembles the prototype.

Here's Fernando's Vampi from over at SF

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5685/21566423601_88d787ed3c_k.jpg

His looks pretty damned good.

With heavy heart I cancelled my first SS piece. I'm not one to be much affected by crappy first shots, but they were enough of a buzz kill that I re examined whether or not this statue, a step or maybe more down from the proto I loved, was something I really needed. Money's an issue this time of year and this unfreezes some fundage. There hasn't really been a lot of interest in her and if she's anything like Red Sonja, she'll probably be hanging around the bay for the next 6-12 months at near retail prices if I change my mind.

Would've stuck it out to the next round of pics but a personal grail kind of popped up and I didn't want them talking me out of cancelling lol. Hope someone here gets mine.

Well I think people received batgirl earlier with crappy cell pics and also "hair problems/colorin on suit" and now look at her. Oh well I guess you lose some but others will be lucky to pick up another's loss :lol

As with other here, mine should be shipping around the 25th. I'm cautiously optimistic that all will be well. Since SS confirmed that it was a production piece at SDCC. This is what we should be getting.

sideshow-093-noscale.jpg

and of a course this. (Dear Lord!)

sdcc2015_sideshow_6.jpg

Back