New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that new red Sonja where she has just sliced that snake in half. Amazing statue and body on her. I'm getting her more than Supergirl. If you have limited space, I would alternate 1 statue for a few months and then change it up for another.

I like that old Red Sonja that I saw up close in a comic store, but this new red Sonja blows away that old Red Sonja many times over. But if had the old 1 which is also a very pretty statue I would keep them both.

Yes, I couldn't agree more! Especially that blood-splattered effect and the muscle tone with some of the wardrobe accessories pressing against the skin, adds a lot of liveliness to the figure. Alternating them is interesting idea -- I'm glad you mentioned it! I could definitely do that instead of selling it.

Sell the old Sonja, keep Vampi and get the new Sonja(I did/am doing the same thing)

Yeah, I've been thinking to do that, but I wanna have my old Sonja re-painted, because I think that could improve the statue significantly. The thing is, I do like the pose, what's been bothering me is her dull skin tone, and the paint job, as a whole.

Yes, I couldn't agree more! Especially that blood-splattered effect and the muscle tone with some of the wardrobe accessories pressing against the skin, adds a lot of liveliness to the figure. Alternating them is interesting idea -- I'm glad you mentioned it! I could definitely do that instead of selling it.

Yeah, I've been thinking to do that, but I wanna have my old Sonja re-painted, because I think that could improve the statue significantly. The thing is, I do like the pose, what's been bothering me is her dull skin tone, and the paint job, as a whole.

You should really keep Vamp cause that's a work of art especially with that base. And she's so sexy with that black hair and blue eyes. I got my matching Artgerm print standing by to be displayed with her.

I sold my old Sonja and shipped it right to a painter for a member here. That is what holds it back for sure, but I just could not justify a $500+ paintjob on her on top of the initial cost.

You should really keep Vamp cause that's a work of art especially with that base. And she's so sexy with that black hair and blue eyes. I got my matching Artgerm print standing by to be displayed with her.

I think I will do just that; thanks! That's awesome that you've gotten the print; it sure will make a great pair. :hi5:

I sold my old Sonja and shipped it right to a painter for a member here. That is what holds it back for sure, but I just could not justify a $500+ paintjob on her on top of the initial cost.

That's interesting. Were you able to see the after photos of how it turned out? I'm hoping the re-paint won't cost me more than 250 (no including shipping.)

That's good idea. I think crimson red leather will look really good. Do you mind sharing the seller's handle or a URL to his/her Etsy profile?

No problemo, their name is Modeldoll out of Russia. They dont have a huge selection, I actually got their last black coat- looks like they have blue and silver with bling but Im not sure about size. I dont know if they have more on the way or do special orders. I dont know yet how it will look on Vampy but I can say in-hand it seems to be pretty top quality.

Heres a link to the one I actually got, had to pull the link out of my invoice as its no longer on their page... Its for Tonner 17" doll or some such- i dont really know my dolls :lol

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/10...eHIwzQzxL1&eaid=11447219124&x_eaid=8d4c0cd21f

I like that old Red Sonja that I saw up close in a comic store, but this new red Sonja blows away that old Red Sonja many times over. But if had the old 1 which is also a very pretty statue I would keep them both.

I'm always tempted to find a deal and get the old Sonja and get a repaint. Maybe prices will drop when the new one comes out and if the paint job is like the prototype. I've seen some fantastic paint jobs on Red Sonja. Shame it has to be done when nothing was wrong with the prototype and Sideshow or someone decided to change it or couldn't match the prototype to begin with.

No problemo, their name is Modeldoll out of Russia. They dont have a huge selection, I actually got their last black coat- looks like they have blue and silver with bling but Im not sure about size. I dont know if they have more on the way or do special orders. I dont know yet how it will look on Vampy but I can say in-hand it seems to be pretty top quality.

Heres a link to the one I actually got, had to pull the link out of my invoice as its no longer on their page... Its for Tonner 17" doll or some such- i dont really know my dolls :lol

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/10...eHIwzQzxL1&eaid=11447219124&x_eaid=8d4c0cd21f

Thank you so much @FriendlySamurai! I will reach out to them; hopefully they can do one in red. Or maybe I should wait for you to see how the fitting will be, first?! :impatient:

I am on the waitlist for the EX for Vampirella. If it converts, I'm thinking about getting the new Red Sonja that was previewed at SDCC to display with her.

I am on the waitlist for the EX for Vampirella. If it converts, I'm thinking about getting the new Red Sonja that was previewed at SDCC to display with her.

I think it will convert for you cause even though only 1000 EXC made there is not so much interest in this statue. Or maybe people are just waiting to see how it is on people's hands. But I think this is the best time to be on WL cause there will be plenty of CC rejections and cancelations to boost up your chances in getting her cause she's arriving in 2 weeks.

I think it will convert for you cause even though only 1000 EXC made there is not so much interest in this statue. Or maybe people are just waiting to see how it is on people's hands. But I think this is the best time to be on WL cause there will be plenty of CC rejections and cancelations to boost up your chances in getting her cause she's arriving in 2 weeks.

I did not know that, thanks for sharing! I was on the fence about trying to get her a while back when she first came up for pre-order, but the more I look at her, the more I like. Aside from it being Vampirella, I love the base!

I did not know that, thanks for sharing! I was on the fence about trying to get her a while back when she first came up for pre-order, but the more I look at her, the more I like. Aside from it being Vampirella, I love the base!

I got hooked to her first time I saw her debut and I even got the matching print. I'm just praying it's well painted and has no fit issues cause sometimes you can get a total lemon of a statue.

Back