New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to tell if anything is wrong with her eyes or not imo. It looks like there is a shadow over the top of her right eye that may be throwing it off. Also there does appear to be a bit of a lean but I'm thinking it was intentional to match the source material:

3003001_press03.jpg

Happy with what I see so far

Her eyes look wonky for anyone? I'm a bit nervous.

Yeah her eyes are messed up there. The left is bigger than the right.

Oh brother, there's absolutely an eyes issue there. Why can't they get the eyes right or the decals put in correctly. I guess they can't see what they're doing.

I will probably cancel, but I may wait for in hand pictures. I expect my NRD too. That's not 400 dollars quality.

yeah the eyes need some work.... errr... so both emma and vampi will be a gamble. I hope they come out good..:panic:

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

eyes.jpg

Don't see a issue. The eye is just in shadow. In hand pictures will tell the story. Overall I think she looks great.

She’s looking close to prototype (on the left). Difference in the lighting accounts for the slight color variations. Hope she'll be shipping soon. :impatient:

Vampi4.jpg

This is gonna be fun. I'm just noticing more and more things. Her thighs look rather large and has some weird hip bulges going on. How often did Vampirella wear thigh-high boots? The collar looks like bread dough underneath. And now this.

MartyFeldman.jpg

She’s looking close to prototype (on the left). Difference in the lighting accounts for the slight color variations. Hope she'll be shipping soon. :impatient:

View attachment 203170

One is looking up and one is looking forward. Is that correct? No matter how you turn the production version the eyes will never look upward. Because of the forward view for the eyes. I like the looking upwards more.

That being said, I'm still tempted to buy one. I just don't know if I have the energy/skills to make it right.

CBG is right. I knew I could place it. Yeah, one is straight the other is upward. I knew it didn't look like before. Eyes are bad, it isn't so much the shadow that had me, it was her left eye that didn't really fit well.

Shouldn't have to repaint though at these prices. Still I'm going to wait to see pics from people that have the statue before taking it off my list.

I'm still withholding judgement. QC is one thing when we get it, but from the pics of this and the sdcc prodo especially, I'm not seeing any issues.

^This is really a bad comparison shot. First up the angles are very different- one, you can see the top of her collar, the other you can see underneath it. The proto is being shot left bottom/up and the prodo is being shot right top/down. Its pointless to think that they've changed the direction she's looking by looking at those shots. Also the SS production shot may be the worst of the whole bunch. Look at the huge shadow between her bangs. Light and shadow are all over her eyes and they only look half painted blue- but we know its not the case from other pictures, like the sdcc ones posted back a couple pages.

Don't know what I'll end up with in front of me, but from what we got so far, so good imo

This one from styleznma a few pages back is a much better comparison pic to the prototype, shot from the same direction- still some shadow but you can better make out whats there

Your spot on. What's important is how she will look in hand, and I agreed so far she looking pretty good.

When I was at sdcc the eyes were fine and looked good. Actually thought to myself that it turned out better than the proto.. I just at first had issue with the paint app on the body which doesn't show up on my pictures it had (compared to red sonja) a much pinker tone with too little definition shading done to it so it was "flat" I'm pulling words out butt right now to describe what I felt. But it quickly grew on me and soon forgot about it because the Sculpt is freaking awesome!!!

Just got very excited Sideshow emailed saying the waitlist converted for Vampierlla but when I clicked on it twas for the Art Print not the statue :( So if anybody has been on the fence about the art print I put myself on the list only a few 3 days ago and it converted. Still waiting for a EX conversion *Fingers Crossed*

Pssst Hey look at all those other cool statues available right now, nudge nudge :)

Back