New Vader Pictures for Those Who Ordered!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, Weta certainly excels on the beasts and creatures, humans we'll let SSC handle that. However when the time comes to make some creatures in 1/4 for LOTR and SW, SS will no doubt blow us away. Mmmmm, 1/4 Uruk or a 1/4 Gamearon Guard. Rally up the troops! Elwood for President!!
:arr :viking :arr :viking :arr :viking :arr :viking :arr :viking

elwood49 said:
I think there is little doubt that the sculpts from the 1/4 line will be of much higher quality. SS simply has more talented sculptors in the area of human likenesses.

I think SS will be able to nail the human likenesses more as a whole. They do have tons of very talanted sculptors some of which I got the pleasure meeting.:D However, they are working in a bigger format so the 1/4th gives them more room to work with and get all the little details in.

elwood49 said:
For those who prefer Weta because they worked on the films, how does that apply to humans? Weta Workshop didn't create the intricate wrinkles of Ian McKellan's face, that came from God (insert your preferred deity/belief here).

It applies to the characters human or otherwise. It's not about who played the role it's about the ESSENCE of the character!!!!!!!! Actually, they did create some of them using makeup and prosthetics. The rest yes had God's handy work involved thanks for clearing that one up for us. LOL :rolleyes: :D

elwood49 said:
It simply makes more sense to me to have the people at SS (without the NZ-only sculptors crutch) to craft these figures to the full extent that their talents allow. The humans/humanoids (elves, dwarves, etc.) are what I'm most excited about, simply because the Weta humans are so poor.

I agree if SS is going to do them then they need to and not worry about Weta. I wouldn't say the way Weta did the humans are poor I guess it depends on how picky you are about the likeness of the actor or if the person cares more about what feel they get from the piece.

elwood49 said:
I can understand the "Weta connection" with something like the Balrog or Cave Troll since their interpretations of Tolkien's work are what made it on screen, but humans make no sense to me.

Well, again I'll spell it out for you. The humans are playing characters created by Tolkien as well and the way any of them looked depended on how weta wanted to make them look. So the connection is to the characters and what us fans got from the books and how it translated on screen. Weta being apart of doing such a good job makes both the human characters and beasts special at least for some of us.

ahem....

Back to the topic... Vader, remember?

I've been staring at the new pictures trying to put my finger on what I think is some of the sculpt's "issues". I think the "trianglar mouth vent thingie" is too wide. And I also believe that the sides of the helmet flair out too wide as well.

Anybody agree?

I tell you what, they better paint his helmet trim silver and make his eye lenses red like they are supposed to be and were in the proto pics.......

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
I tell you what, they better paint his helmet trim silver and make his eye lenses red like they are supposed to be and were in the proto pics.......

Jesse

I fully agree with that! :duff

Can somebody post the pictures, so that we all know what you are talking about, please? Even though I didn't order the SSC Vador, I'm still interested in the subject. If it is true that SSC has sent new images only to the people that have ordered the Vador, I must say that I find this rather odd.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Can somebody post the pictures, so that we all know what you are talking about, please? Even though I didn't order the SSC Vador, I'm still interested in the subject. If it is true that SSC has sent new images only to the people that have ordered the Vador, I must say that I find this rather odd.

yes I agree!

Not really, it's a bonus for ordering through SS, not a dealer & I think it's a great idea :cool:

It states besides the pics that they will be up for the general public in the next few days, so patience my young padawan

Anakin said:
I have no doubts in my mind that the NEW 1/4 LOTR PF line will be the ULTIMATE, DEFINITIVE LOTR line.

TheWitchKing said:
Amen Brother!! SWEET JESUS PRAISE THE LORD!! I could of not said it better myself. :banana

It's all I've ever asked for. PF LotR is like my Graceland. :joy :wacky

In regards to Vader, if someone could post comparisson pics of the Sideshow Vader and the New Hope Vader, I would appreciate it as well.

Last edited:
Once they are out there, they're out there. But thanks for not posting them here. Although it takes gumption for a site to watermark exclusive pics from a company with their own URL.

I don't think Vader has changed from SSC, so I don't think there are any new issues. The lenses still look dark red as they did previously. An all-black figure is notoriously difficult to photograph, so I'm sure this guy will live up to our wildest hopes once we receive him.

After debating my order for the Exclusive Vader for months, I've cancelled it.

Hope it goes to someone on the Wait List who frequents these boards...

For me, the statue hasn't excited me like I thought it would. Perhaps I'll have regrets when Vader finally appears but considering the cost of shipping, etc. in the UK, I've decided I'm only going to concentrate on items that really hit the mark for me.

If there's talk of the Han Solo figures appearing with bad paint jobs (i.e. a repeat of the Luke fiasco), I may cancel this Exclusive, too. It's just too costly to send items back if they're not right.

DVD Connoisseur said:
After debating my order for the Exclusive Vader for months, I've cancelled it.

I'm still not sure about this one, too. But as I'm living in the EU, I might wait for pictures and reactions of US customers, and decide wether or not to cancel then.

same here! if it looks like the last ss pictures, then I will cancel!
doesn't looks good, in fact, this one of the worse looking vaders i've seen in a while. :yuck

Anakin said:
same here! if it looks like the last ss pictures, then I will cancel!
doesn't looks good, in fact, this one of the worse looking vaders i've seen in a while. :yuck

Just wondering, what Sideshow products do you own? It seems like in every post you are saying something bad about them or praising a different company. You have already said you never liked the small LOTR/Weta statues and your first Star Wars PF will be Anakin if they make him, but you just said you have Vader on order.

On 11/30 in reference to a possible Anakin you said, "That's the one I want to see. Will be my first premium format doll if this happens." :confused:

Unique Soul said:
Just wondering, what Sideshow products do you own? It seems like in every post you are saying something bad about them or praising a different company. You have already said you never liked the small LOTR/Weta statues and your first Star Wars PF will be Anakin if they make him, but you just said you have Vader on order.

On 11/30 in reference to a possible Anakin you said, "That's the one I want to see. Will be my first premium format doll if this happens." :confused:

I have many ss/weta LOTR statues. anakin probly will be my first premium 1/4 cause I'm thinking seriously about canceling vader, even before the last pictures.. sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you. I also have wolvie and sabre dioramas, with x-men vs sentinel and doom on pre order.
and sorry, but are you spying on me? don't you have anything better to do?:rolleyes:

Back