New TrueTypes - Prison Break and Obama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you answered your own question. That's why it's called the Obama figure. No announcement from HT. HT occassionally releases nudes, and figures for that matter, with some resemblance to actors. For example, the TT AA slim has some resemblance to Terrence Howard. The other advance nude looks like the guy from Prison Break. It's just an added bonus that they look like someone for customizers.

So does the actors/politicians they resemble have to approve them before HT can use the 'somewhat' likeness? Does Obama, Howard, etc. get paid by HT for having the headsculpt resemble them?

So does the actors/politicians they resemble have to approve them before HT can use the 'somewhat' likeness? Does Obama, Howard, etc. get paid by HT for having the headsculpt resemble them?

Any politician is open domain and free game. They could do a sculpt of Arnold as long as it was marked 'Governor' and not 'Terminator' and didnt have exposed endo bits.

IMGP0965a.JPG

IMGP0980c.JPG

figuremaniac.blogspot.com

here's some pics of my Obama, the body is from Sideshow's Lando figure, i swapped them.

For anyone who owns one of these advances can you tell me if its any bigger/bulkier than a regular truetype? I'm planning on getting one for a custom but I'm not sure if its too bulky or not..

Back