New Tom Baker Doctor Who Head Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to let you all know that my new molds are done and I started casting both hatted and unhatted versions.
New casting resin I found online works fantastic.
For anyone out there casting resin, I highly recommend MPK Enterprises/ Hobby Silicone. Check them out at www.hobbysilicone.com.
I'll take some pics of the raw casts since my painted ones kind of covered up the detail.

Take care,
BillyB

Ok, here are a bunch of new pics.

Raw casts of Hatted and Unhatted Toms:
Headcasts1.jpg

HattedVersion2.jpg

UnhattedVersion1.jpg

And here are some of my current project, a Season 13 Tom.
Still need to do some finishing touches to the scarf and a few details and then add the coat.
13thSeastonTomFull.jpg

13thSeasonTomClose2.jpg

13thSeasonTomClose1.jpg

I really liked the way the paint turned out on this one. I used thinner layers and a lighter skin tone compared to the 18th Season version that I did earlier.
On the sculpt, I bulked up the hair a bit more since it gets pushed down with the hat.
The scarf is done just like the 18th Season version using fabric and paint pens. Need to adjust the colors a bit.
The pants are a bit darker than what I want, but will have to do until I can find the right material.
The vest is also not the exact pattern but I found something close and added the rest with fabric markers.
I'll post more pics once I get him done.
Will also be working on a Season 12 version as well, but need to resolve how I'll do the inner sweater.

Billy, That newest Tom is gorgeous! It totally puts Product Enterprises "prototype" to shame. It's the best I've seen.

what kind of material is the scarf? wool,ribbon? it looks very flexible and hangs perfectly. i have a scarf knitted for me by timelord knitwear that iam using on the tom baker figure im working on at the moment. that is made from wool and is knitted in the season 12 patten and it doesnt look as good as this in my opinion

The new scarf is made from the same type of material and technique that I used on the Season 18 scarf. It's a ribbed, somewhat stretchy material. Maybe a cotton poly blend because it stretches a bit but goes back to shape.
I found the material in a light tan color and then added the rest of the colors in using fabric markers. You can blend the colors somewhat to get different shades. I'm still working on the right formula for the brown portions. They need to be lightened up a bit.

what kind of material is the scarf? wool,ribbon? it looks very flexible and hangs perfectly. i have a scarf knitted for me by timelord knitwear that iam using on the tom baker figure im working on at the moment. that is made from wool and is knitted in the season 12 patten and it doesnt look as good as this in my opinion

I think you struck gold with the choice of material for the scarves.
Virtually all the other ones I've seen had the colors right but the texture looked way off but yours are as close to the real thing as I've seen.

Finally got around to finishing my early version Tom.
Need to add a few details to the coat and a few other things, but for the most part he's done.
I'll be working up a 12th Season version as soon as I have all of the materials.

DrWho13th1.jpg

DrWho13th2.jpg

DrWho13th3.jpg

Great Doctor! Totally brings me back to the Baker days!
BTW, BillyB, did you happen to get the email I sent you about a week back?

Back