New Tom Baker Doctor Who Head Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyB

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just finished this one up and he's ready to cast if there is any interest.
I'm using this one for my 18th Season version, but after casting I'd like to modify him for other seasons including a hatted version from Season 12.

TomHead1.jpg

TomHead2.jpg

TomHead3.jpg

TomHead4.jpg

TomHead5.jpg

Tom2.jpg

Excellent work,let me know when you've got the casts ready!

This looks like an incredible improvement on your original, Im sure this would look virtually real if it benefited from a Darren Carnell or Figuremaster Les Paint job

WOWZERS BillyB. that is one of the best Tom headsculpts seen so far.

Brilliant work my friend.

Dean :D

I think you've just created THE definitive Tom Baker headsculpt. It is truly better than ANYTHING I've ever seen before, production or custom. If you do make casts of this available, your likely to make some serious money.
Congratulations, well done and all that!!!

So, I was able to cast the head up over the weekend.
Here are a couple of pics with a quick paint job so that you can see a finished head. I'll shoot some better pictures and side shots and post soon.

FinalTomHead1.jpg

FinalTom1.jpg

That's a fantastic likeness, though I'm not sure I recall him ever looking that calm. He always looked mad as a hatter to me. :lol

It really is an awesome sculpt though. Nice paint too.

That second pic really captures the more serious or melancholic moods Tom's Doctor had. He wasn't always grinning like an idiot. A great photo of a great head sculpt.

The expression is perfect for a season 18 version of the Doctor as the tone of the stories was quite dark but it would work for other series as well.

I have a mold made so I can make multiple casts of the head.
I'll be making a hatted version soon, but if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM.

Hey all,
While waiting for my new casting supplies to arrive I was able play around and make a hatted version of the Tom sculpt.
The hat is based on the one worn in the first season. I resculpted the hair just a little bit since it kind of gets pushed down from the hat when worn.
Please go easy on the paint job. I painted up real quick last night just to show the sculpt.
If there is enough interest, I'll cast this one up as well just as soon as my supplies arrive.

TomHat1.jpg

TomHat3.jpg

TomHat2.jpg

Here's one with both versions.
2Toms.jpg

Back