New to Collectible Figures, Need Some Advice/Guidance from More Experienced People

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aommaster

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi there!

Firstly, I hope this is the right board to post on. If not, please move it to the correct board.

I am very new to collectible figures and would like to get some advice on just how the whole thing works. I had a few questions (all relating to statues, and not action figures):
  1. It looks like Sideshow will be releasing a figure on pre-order that I am interested in. I would like to buy the exclusive version, which (please correct me if I'm wrong) will only be available through their website. Will the exclusive be available after the pre-order period is over? More precisely, are exclusive figures produced in limited quantity, thus, meaning I will have to pre-order it to guarantee I am able to get one?
  2. What care must be taken of the figure? I intend on displaying it, away from direct sunlight, in a cool room, in a showcase (not airtight). Anything else I should do to ensure the statue keeps looking like new?

Thanks

Last edited:
The exclusive is through SS only, yes. Pre-ordering guarantees you one, but these days they don't even set the number they will produce until months after pre-order. You can order it anytime, but if all get spoken for it will go up for wait list, which means you can still get one if there is a cancellation(which happens very often, but can take some time). Most of the time the exclusive sells out before they get in stock, but not always. Which one were you looking at?

Handle with clean hands or gloves if you are worried or have oily hands. Humidity(too high or low), sunlight(or really most light other than LED), and drops are the biggest dangers. It sounds like you have a good spot, not much more you can do.

Hi Stingray,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was actually interested in the Supergirl statue. I have a fairly large collection of Supergirl figures (particularly of her in the Turner costume) and thought it would be a perfect addition to my collection. The main thread for this statue is here, and people seem to have mixed thoughts about it, because (rightfully so), the face sculpt does not seem to have been done as well as the rest of the statue.

Thanks for your reply!

Yea, you probably saw me in there ripping on that head too:lol. The new revisions they made do improve it over what was first shown, but I think I will be passing myself unless I see a good custom head.

Hehe yup! The first prototype looked outright creepy, but it has significantly improved (still not perfect, though) over time. I think I might wait for a bit before pre-ordering. I believe a member named Spidey976 will be working on a custom head for this, and I see they have produced some very impressive work in the past.

Thanks for all your help Stingray!

Hehe yup! The first prototype looked outright creepy, but it has significantly improved (still not perfect, though) over time. I think I might wait for a bit before pre-ordering. I believe a member named Spidey976 will be working on a custom head for this, and I see they have produced some very impressive work in the past.

Thanks for all your help Stingray!

It is a shame they could not get it quite right, SS has done many great female sculpts and ones up for pre order like Red Sonja are some of their best yet.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I will probably see you over in the SG thread too!

Back