New TIMESURF seamless action figure doll!!!What does it look like?any opinions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Counterpoint #1- It being "ugly as hell" is not just MY opinion, but the common one given for his doll. In fact, I challenge you to find an opinion where someone states that it is the pure essence of beauty or anything in the realm of attractive or desirable. So subjective or not, I'm calling a pig a pig.

Counterpoint #2- I stated "it shouldn't be here" because it doesn't fit this particular forums theme. Yes, it's a 12" figure, but other than it's 'objective' looks, it does not fit in the "Horror" category.

Counterpoint #1- It being "ugly as hell" is not just MY opinion, but the common one given for his doll. In fact, I challenge you to find an opinion where someone states that it is the pure essence of beauty or anything in the realm of attractive or desirable. So subjective or not, I'm calling a pig a pig.

Counterpoint #2- I stated "it shouldn't be here" because it doesn't fit this particular forums theme. Yes, it's a 12" figure, but other than it's 'objective' looks, it does not fit in the "Horror" category.

1) You're commiting the Argumentum ad populum fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

2) He's asking for constructive feedback regarding whether or not his figure has a likeness to something relevant to horror, so that he can sell his art as an entrepreneur. He's made a custom figure that, to my eyes, demonstrates technical skill. I think he has talent. It fits into the Horror category if he's asking for constructive feedback in order to change his figure, so that it fits into the category. You basically bullied someone asking for constructive feedback. Way to go, hero.

1) It fits into the Horror category if he's asking for constructive feedback in order to change his figure, so that it fits into the category.

How does that make it fit into the Horror category, and NOT General Collectibles? Please explain in extensive detail.

Also, and buddy this is super simple...he asked for public opinion, and that's what I gave him. MY opinion. And I am under NO obligation to give a flattering one. Not by you or anyone else.

View attachment 368644

thaat was a long time ago,,many years.the entire new body was redesigned using machines and new staff.
\\

new body 2017:View attachment 368645
old body 2014:View attachment 368646

In terms of technical skill, you've definitely shown improvement. If the body on your new version is silicone, your paint job is VERY impressive. Did you paint that? My advice: Try sculpting the likeness of something from an actual movie. See if you can realistically mimic the forms, so that the proportions are exact. USE REFERENCE MATERIAL. You won't be able to mass produce it without purchasing intellectual property rights, but custom figures are often sold in limited runs for hundreds of dollars. Look around these threads for other custom figure artists. Check out their business model, and familiarize yourself with the intellectual properties they cover.

You mentioned that this is a likeness of a nurse from a hospital. She might feel uncomfortable if she knew you were doing that. Just saying. People get weird about that stuff. My advice: pursue your art, but make sure you get permission from your subjects if you don't want to creep people out, or worse, be held liable in selling their likeness.

Most importantly, don't let other people discourage you from pursuing your art.

How does that make it fit into the Horror category, and NOT General Collectibles? Please explain in extensive detail.

Also, and buddy this is super simple...he asked for public opinion, and that's what I gave him. MY opinion. And I am under NO obligation to give a flattering one. Not by you or anyone else.

I never said that you have an obligation to do anything. I'm not an idealist. I demonstrated that you made factually incorrect claims, in telling someone else that they were being unethical. When you make a normative claim, you're not just giving your subjective opinion about what you like. You're telling someone that they have an obligation, in light of criteria beyond your opinion, compelling them to alter their behavior. When you accuse someone of objectification you're not just saying, "I don't like it." You're saying, "You shouldn't do that, in light of abstract principles demanding that you behave one way, and not the other."

You're wrong. Objectification is irrational. You made a factually incorrect statement, and while you have no obligation to refrain from being irrational, you're still being irrational. Also, you bullied someone because you didn't like his art. You have no obligation to refrain from bullying (in the abstract. the admin might beg to differ), but you did it.

I already explained, at length, why his thread belongs here. He asked for advice, in selling his art as a horror figure. He wanted constructive criticism. It's not rocket science... He asked for help, and you were mean.

Edit: I should also add, I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I'm more interested in demonstrating the absurdity of Idealism. Especially when it comes to individuals who feel that art should be censored on moral grounds. This is a horror thread, so... the topic is relevant.

Also, I feel that anything capable of offending moralists has artistic merit. That's why I love horror. It's often considered "lowbrow", or "B-Grade", but there's an avant-guarde element to anything that deviates from conventional social norms. I like that, because it forces irrational ideas out of the proverbial woodwork, where they can be falsified and (with a bit of elbow grease) eliminated.

Just curious after all that extensive defense....exactly how many are you going to buy?

None. I also don't like figure skating, ballet, UFC or victorian literature. That doesn't mean they're immoral, or intrinsically flawed. Meanwhile, I'm an advocate for freedom of expression, because it's a pre-requisite for learning. Censorship is anti-intellectualism. It's dumb. Ideas drive innovation, while moralism created the Dark Ages.

By giving constructive feedback, maybe he'll further develop his technical skill and create custom Myers or Leatherface figures. Or a slave Leia Organa figure. Or whatever. In allowing him to fail, if he chooses to persevere after receiving negative results, he might innovate and create something I like. Your way just discourages him from creating anything, which doesn't benefit you or anyone else. Just like the Dark Ages.

Zero. Gotcha.

What's your point? This is a fraction of a premise. Are you suggesting that my not wanting the figure supports your argument that aesthetics are not subjective? You and I are both posting on a horror thread. He was aware that his figure, in its present form, won't appeal to any of us. Again, he wants constructive criticism, to CHANGE his figure, so that he'd meet our demographic.

He's not even under the impression we want one. He wanted to know if the figure resembled anyone relevant to the genre.

Edit: Ah, you've since moved on. Groovy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

After all, most people seem to fall in love with at ugly a$$ leatherface-looking Jnix Han Solo sculpt.

You vote with your wallet. Or, in the case of DFC, his wallet gets a hard on and the money spurts out uncontrollably. :p :wink1:

--

:lol

My wallet remains firmly tight shut and slowly retracting into its leather cavity after seeing these pictures.

;) :p

What's your point? This is a fraction of a premise. Are you suggesting that my not wanting the figure supports your argument that aesthetics are not subjective? You and I are both posting on a horror thread. He was aware that his figure, in its present form, won't appeal to any of us. Again, he wants constructive criticism, to CHANGE his figure, so that he'd meet our demographic.

He's not even under the impression we want one. He wanted to know if the figure resembled anyone relevant to the genre.

--

I guess the context and intent by the thread's OP fell flaccid and limp and wasn't the load blowing he thought.

Onto stroking the next topic hard.

What I find hilarious, is how quickly people on this forum pounce on low hanging fruit. I realize it's a forum for adults who collect action figures, but c'mon... He mentioned it's the likeness of HIS NURSE. You guys are idiots. If he's not trolling you, he's got enough problems.

I personally don't think he is asking for our "demographic opinion" but rather either trying to push buttons or see if likeminded individuals will see this as "art". I still think a fetish site for this would get a better or more robust response/feedback. And yes. I like my horror to take, like fairy tales, a moral high ground. And no I don't think god or any higher being has to tell us what I/we already know, at least to us/me, is right.

I personally don't think he is asking for our "demographic opinion" but rather either trying to push buttons or see if likeminded individuals will see this as "art". I still think a fetish site for this would get a better or more robust response/feedback. And yes. I like my horror to take, like fairy tales, a moral high ground. And no I don't think god or any higher being has to tell us what I/we already know, at least to us/me, is right.

Have you ever tried to prove the existence of morality, to yourself or other people? It seems easy and intuitive, until you actually try. Among academics, it's actually very controversial. First of all, you'd have to figure out what epistemology you'll refer to, in proving that morality exists: what are the rules you're appealing to, in demonstrating moral knowledge? Science has nothing to say about morality, and that's the epistemology we use to describe everything that exists in the physical world. Even math, which relies on constants is hinged on our perception of constants in our environment. Empiricism is inescapable.

The only other epistemology you can appeal to is pure logic, or as academics say, "apriori knowledge". There are problems with this. Basically, pure logic paints a cohesive picture of the world, where all the puzzle pieces fit together. However, in the absence of hard evidence, how do you know the picture is accurate? Reflects reality?

Many well-respected idealists, like Noam Chomsky, argue that morality doesn't require a justification: that its existence is a "brute fact". That seems silly to me, though. If Noam says that the existence of morality is a brute fact, and I say the existence of Santa Clause is a brute fact, how can Noam distinguish between what he thinks is his true claim, and my false claim to brute factedness? Either he can't, or if he can... it's not a brute fact anymore.

Anyway, we haven't even started to describe morality yet. All we've done is contemplate the rules for what would constitute knowledge OF morality, and it's a mess.

Then, once you try to describe what morality is, you end up describing the weird, spooky abstract blueprint that demands we behave one way, or another. It would be unlike anything else that exists, and it's precise nature depends on what you, yourself believe to be the nature of the obligation. So, for example, a utilitarian would describe morality in a way that differs from someone who believes in God's Command, or an egalitarian, or someone who believes in moral cultural relativism, or pragmatism. Whatever morality is, it sounds a lot like religion... Your version of the spooky abstract blueprint sounds plausible to you, but all the other ones somehow sound ridiculous...

Sorry, I ramble about this stuff. However, if anyone is interested, I suggest you read about moral error theory. It's an academic version of Moral Nihilism. They don't teach it very well in university, because most profs who teach morality believe in it. Makes sense really. You wouldn't expect to find many atheist priests, either.

Have you ever tried to prove the existence of morality, to yourself or other people? It seems easy and intuitive, until you actually try. Among academics, it's actually very controversial. First of all, you'd have to figure out what epistemology you'll refer to, in proving that morality exists: what are the rules you're appealing to, in demonstrating moral knowledge? Science has nothing to say about morality, and that's the epistemology we use to describe everything that exists in the physical world. Even math, which relies on constants is hinged on our perception of constants in our environment. Empiricism is inescapable.

The only other epistemology you can appeal to is pure logic, or as academics say, "apriori knowledge". There are problems with this. Basically, pure logic paints a cohesive picture of the world, where all the puzzle pieces fit together. However, in the absence of hard evidence, how do you know the picture is accurate? Reflects reality?

Many well-respected idealists, like Noam Chomsky, argue that morality doesn't require a justification: that its existence is a "brute fact". That seems silly to me, though. If Noam says that the existence of morality is a brute fact, and I say the existence of Santa Clause is a brute fact, how can Noam distinguish between what he thinks is his true claim, and my false claim to brute factedness? Either he can't, or if he can... it's not a brute fact anymore.

Anyway, we haven't even started to describe morality yet. All we've done is contemplate the rules for what would constitute knowledge OF morality, and it's a mess.

Then, once you try to describe what morality is, you end up describing the weird, spooky abstract blueprint that demands we behave one way, or another. It would be unlike anything else that exists, and it's precise nature depends on what you, yourself believe to be the nature of the obligation. So, for example, a utilitarian would describe morality in a way that differs from someone who believes in God's Command, or an egalitarian, or someone who believes in moral cultural relativism, or pragmatism. Whatever morality is, it sounds a lot like religion... Your version of the spooky abstract blueprint sounds plausible to you, but all the other ones somehow sound ridiculous...

Sorry, I ramble about this stuff. However, if anyone is interested, I suggest you read about moral error theory. It's an academic version of Moral Nihilism. They don't teach it very well in university, because most profs who teach morality believe in it. Makes sense really. You wouldn't expect to find many atheist priests, either.

wow...thats deep.

think i should try this opinion thing under the fantasy section next time.some folks in horror section must have lost their mojo somewhere in time.

My first point would be that you are way too intelligent to be holding a conversation with this guy. Second, you need to look up the definition of sexual objectification. Everything he has said including but not limited to her (it) needing 3X bigger ****, the ability of tying her (it) up, her (it) being something that he wouldn't kick outta bed, and lets not forget him bragging about the ability to crucify her (it) clearly shows that it is. Now what is "nonsense" is the fact that you do not see that as in any way as sexual objectification.

But that's not my issue. My issue with it is that he made an ugly as hell sex doll and is trying to sell it here. If you want to buy it, then go ahead. But it shouldn't be here. Nor should this thread.

i ran over prototype dolls with a car, threw it off a building.cruxified it etc etc and it stayed n one piece just to test the engineering properties.i didnt do it because im a sex maniac.what did u have in mind?

resized.jpg<<<<<this girl is ugly???wow.....then i should be dating a dream girl like that then since she would be lonely in real life.

Back