New THOR PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you read the Ages of Thunder TPB? To me that's the best Thor story. I would love a comi of that version of thor as well.
I haven't. I have read some of Brubaker's Bucky Cap stuff, which is fantastic! But still, classic Marvel always trumps contemporary Marvel. FOR EVERYBODY. :lol

:hi5:

Classic Marvel is awesome. It gave us where things are now but I just prfer the art and stories of today. I'm having far more fun reading the comics I read now than I did when I read the same characters as a kid.

I haven't read much classic Marvel, but it feels more awkward than the modern stuff. They talk funny. :lol

Thor will always look like the classic version in my mind regardless of how good the writing of today becomes, and since our statue collections are based on the images and not the writing, classic wins hands down, but since Thor is the most badass marvel character i will get the new one as well ;)

Thor will always look like the classic version in my mind regardless of how good the writing of today becomes, and since our statue collections are based on the images and not the writing, classic wins hands down, but since Thor is the most badass marvel character i will get the new one as well ;)

Only if you prefer that look. ;)

I guess sideshow is going to go the way of bowen, variations galore. I missed the first one, didn't like the pose actually, but we'll see about this one. I don't like the idea of so many PF's of one character. I just hope there's more material on this one than the recent marvel renditions of having just the jacket.

It looks like it has alot of potential and I prefer the modern Thor look as well, but the pose is very similar to the classic Thor PF. Since I already have the classic I don't think I will be picking this up. I bet the EX will be a switch out head with crown an a nameplate.

This will be great for fans who missed the classic Thor PF. There are only a few characters that I want multiple versions of and Thor isn't one of them.

I don't think this is comparable to Bowen exactly. They are capitalizing on the movies, and giving movie fans 1/4 scale options.

But having said that, it is true you are gonna get more Spidey, Hulk, and Wolverine statues than Nighthawks and Son of Satan's no matter what company you are looking at. Money talks. . .

I guess sideshow is going to go the way of bowen, variations galore. I missed the first one, didn't like the pose actually, but we'll see about this one. I don't like the idea of so many PF's of one character. I just hope there's more material on this one than the recent marvel renditions of having just the jacket.

There are great variations of those main characters. So why not do them? Plus when there are movie tweaks to the characters those will be done. Minor characters only sell so well and they will be done in ways or mixed in that guarantee as much success as possible.

Thor and Spider-Man (come on 2099!) are the two characters I will buy multiple versions. Very happy to have a movie of Thor, I just hope I don't go overboard with merch.

Thor and Spider-Man (come on 2099!) are the two characters I will buy multiple versions. Very happy to have a movie of Thor, I just hope I don't go overboard with merch.

as a side not yes i cant wait for spidey 2099 that will be my trifecta collection with the new comiquette and iron spidey ;)

Back