New Superman movie coming from JJ Abrams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the marketplace dictates what succeeds of fails but I never once felt that I needed an established character to look or act like me.

I want an established character to be the character I grew up loving.

I don?t want a white Blade or white BP or a Blade with asian eyes or a BP with asian eyes I just want them to be black, simple.

But whatever a black Superman won?t trigger me either he?s an alien BUT now I?m curious if ALL Kryptonians in this movie will also be black or are they a mixed culture.

WB will drop the ball lol

Exactly, well said buddy. It?s also a bit insulting to minorities too, instead of using the plethora of interesting minority superhero characters they take traditionally white male characters and make them black, Asian or even female. Its disgusting pandering that is going to back fire at some point. I mean what message are they sending minorities here? We don?t like the superhero characters that look like you so instead were going to take the white ones we like and make them look like you, you dig????

I have no problems with them doing an earth 2 calvin ellis superman or whatever they plan to make this version be- I can see some cool crossovers stories being made with Clark Kent of earth 1 (henry). However there are still so many other black superhero characters that deserve their own movies- e.g John Stewart green lantern. Not every character has to be a minority or a female, all they need is a nice mix where everyone is represented, working together without calling out how people look all the time. ?Whats up black batman, not much Asian wonder woman, how?s white devil Lex doing??? ?YO man there goes da Black Captain America?? no place for **** like that in superhero movies. Its not even close to how people act in the real world so why do that. I dont know about you guys but i dont walk down the street pointing out all the races of people i see lol i just see people not color my goodness.. this **** is off the rails.... Can you imagine greeting people like that, Hey whats up black dude, whats up Mexican Police officer, Hows it hanging Whitey, or Hows it going my asian uber driver?? lol

Dracula --> Blacula

Superman --> Bluperman

That's not going to work, is it?

You know, if they made a real tough and rugged Superman and cast Idris Elba then it could work. Black Dirty Harry Superman. An alien with attitude.

If this was a more innovative filmmaker I might have hope... but being JJ, I already know exactly what I'm going to get. And its not going to sit well immediately after viewing.

We really don't have innovative filmmakers anymore, do we? I can't think of anyone now. I used to know many.

We really don't have innovative filmmakers anymore, do we? I can't think of anyone now. I used to know many.

I think Nolan is still innovative. But if you don't think so, then what about the Coen brothers? Tarantino? Wes Anderson? David Lynch? Would you count any of those?

I do think Nolan is innovative, but not in cinematic terms. The others are not of this era... they are 90's. Like Spielberg, Zemeckis, Ridley Scott, etc are 70's/80's.

So it is a reboot with a black kal el i just read it, they made this ****ed up announcement on henry cavills birthday. Wb is run by a bunch of *******. I didnt know this when i made that last post. **** this movie and wb for ruining my favorite comic character. So many black superhero characters to choose from but no kal el, the first comic character ever created, who has always been portrayed as white is now black just to pander to the idiot masses that cant see the massive slap in the face this is to them.

I really hope black people in particular take offense to this obvious pandering stunt and boycott the god damn movie

The superhero movie era is being killed by wokeness- well at-least martin Scorsese is happy

Steve Rogers growing old and passing the shield to a black man is fine. "Black Kal-El" is just dumb. "Black Red Sonja" is even dumber. But dumb things can often be fun and/or entertaining, though not with the writer they chose for Abrams Superman. That film is doomed from the start. Coates is basically the black Chuck Wendig and I'll be fine skipping this one.

WB is giving us the death of Superman even quicker than the DCEU with this one lol

Sadly its going to be a long time now before we get a proper superman flick- they just ****ed the character for years to come. We got to hope this thing never gets made due to backlash otherwise you can forget about seeing the real supes as a character in any movie for an indefinite period of time

So it is a reboot with a black kal el i just read it, they made this ****ed up announcement on henry cavills birthday. Wb is run by a bunch of *******. I didnt know this when i made that last post. **** this movie and wb for ruining my favorite comic character. So many black superhero characters to choose from but no kal el, the first comic character ever created, who has always been portrayed as white is now black just to pander to the idiot masses that cant see the massive slap in the face this is to them.

I really hope black people in particular take offense to this obvious pandering stunt and boycott the god damn movie

The superhero movie era is being killed by wokeness- well at-least martin Scorsese is happy

:clap:goodpost:

I wonder how much of this is a direct response to Fisher’s accusations of racism against WB.

I think even the food catering service has to be black in this movie lol

This is a fad. Remember when sequels became a thing in the 80's? Remember when it was cool (never) to remake old 60's TV shows in the 90's? Remember when everyone wanted to try a reboot of Batman? Remember all-women casts?

You know Black BatMan is coming. So just sit back and enjoy the take. It's the new Blaxploitation. At least that's how it will be viewed in 20 years looking back.

Sadly its going to be a long time now before we get a proper superman flick- they just ****ed the character for years to come. We got to hope this thing never gets made due to backlash otherwise you can forget about seeing the real supes as a character in any movie for an indefinite period of time

lol silly you

backlash only works for the left

Marvel be like we are working on Miles Morales, War Machine, Black Panther, Storm, Photon, Dora Milage, M’Bacu, Blade, Electro, Bishop and Falcon.

WB just goes BAM look everyone black Superman lol

Back