New Star Wars Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT just needs to be the heavy-hitters line and leave the rest to Sideshow.

SSC can work on aliens, clone variants, and less complicated figures, and reduce the numbers offered per year; while also changing the whole edition size thing. HT can take on the major characters from each movie, hopefully at two or three a year.

Honestly, though, with the way Marvel is taking off, I can see why HT might move the SW stuff to the back-burner.

People keep saying this. Unfortunately for the ones who want this, it's not exactly going to go that way. I'm guessing it needs to KEEP being repeated that HOt toys will ONLY do DX star wars figures, and then ONLY of characters sideshow has already released, or has no intention of ever making. That came from howard himself in an interview.

People keep saying this. Unfortunately for the ones who want this, it's not exactly going to go that way. I'm guessing it needs to KEEP being repeated that HOt toys will ONLY do DX star wars figures, and then ONLY of characters sideshow has already released, or has no intention of ever making. That came from howard himself in an interview.

^^^ Exactamundo. I think HT should post a disclaimer. :lol

Thats why I have a hard time believing we would get a Hoth Han from HT considering SSC hasnt done him.

I see a Bespin Han/Carbonite two pack much more likely. 1.SSC has done both Bespin Han and a Carbonite environment. and 2. It would compliment SSC Carbonite Freezing Chamber the same way the Map Room Indy did their Map Room Environment.

To me it just seems like a no brainer. :dunno

I don't think there is a big connection between Snowtroopers and Han like there is between Darth Vader & Bespin Luke. Though how bad ass would a Bespin Han with the Hoth outfit extras packed in, and a Han in Carbonite? I think that's a mighty long shot though, and Sideshow's Han in Carbonite isn't really that old is it?

I don't think there is a big connection between Snowtroopers and Han like there is between Darth Vader & Bespin Luke. Though how bad ass would a Bespin Han with the Hoth outfit extras packed in, and a Han in Carbonite? I think that's a mighty long shot though, and Sideshow's Han in Carbonite isn't really that old is it?

Its a good few years old. I wanna say 2008? 2009?
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2177

I could see them adding it much like they added the Idol chamber pedestal with DX Indiana Jones.

It would be nice if they did a full Han Solo set which included ANH/ESB/ROTJ and the Carbonite all in one package but I really dont see that happening. :lol

Ah, that is pretty old, I guess I was thinking the 1/4 scale. I'm very interested to see how Hot Toys handles these next two figures, I hope see both at SDCC.

Ah, that is pretty old, I guess I was thinking the 1/4 scale. I'm very interested to see how Hot Toys handles these next two figures, I hope see both at SDCC.

Yeah Im very excited to see what they decide with these next releases too. I wont be getting Anakin due to my "No Prequels" rule, but HT Han will be mine no matter what they decide to do with him. Carbonite or no. Outside of his Hoth gear, his image doesnt change very drastically through the films so Ill be pretty happy with whatever they decide. The Carbonite would just be icing on the cake. :D I would love that to have displayed with the SSC Boba Fett, but if not, then Ill just have Fett displayed alone. Not that big a deal.

The more I think about it, the more I LOVE the idea of DX Bespin Han with Carbonite block! The SSC is a few years old and HT could do one that lights up (much like the SSC PF carbonite statue) and that could hang on the SSC Han in Carbonite base, and also have a clear stand to allow it to "float" (think of the display possibilities with SSC Boba Fett!) Win-win!!! :yess:

Yeah, the carbonite Han, especially light up, would be awesome but you're right- it's icing on the cake. I'll be happy just to get Bespin Han, but it's so easy to pack in a few extra things so you get Hoth Han as well. I don't see why we don't just get that. We still don't know if the two pack deal is just for Luke or not, but so far the character choices do lend themselves well to the two pack idea.

The more I think about it, the more I LOVE the idea of DX Bespin Han with Carbonite block! The SSC is a few years old and HT could do one that lights up (much like the SSC PF carbonite statue) and that could hang on the SSC Han in Carbonite base, and also have a clear stand to allow it to "float" (think of the display possibilities with SSC Boba Fett!) Win-win!!! :yess:

Agree 100% with this. SSC's carbonite Han needs an update, so it would be fantastic if HT obliged. I'd also like a clear stand to achieve that floating effect, as well. Lots of great display potential with Boba Fett, Bespin Han/Luke and Vader.

Not sure why you would think a SS Snowtrooper means a HT Hoth Han? :dunno

Hoping.

I see Bespin Luke and this SS Vader paired well. HT and SS working together with the license. We heard Han is one of the next HT figures. So it would go well with the snowtroopers if it was Han Bespin/Hoth.

Don't bust my dream, man.

Hoping.

I see Bespin Luke and this SS Vader paired well. HT and SS working together with the license. We heard Han is one of the next HT figures. So it would go well with the snowtroopers if it was Han Bespin/Hoth.

Don't bust my dream, man.

I do know from the both company's past releases I would like to see SS stick with the armored figs and HT do the life like figs due to the great work they do on most sculpts. After looking at the HT luke I think they would do a better job on a Han than SS could ever pull off.

I do know from the both company's past releases I would like to see SS stick with the armored figs and HT do the life like figs due to the great work they do on most sculpts. After looking at the HT luke I think they would do a better job on a Han than SS could ever pull off.

HT are doing Han. The question is: Which one(s)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

The only thing I have on my mind is ROTS Anakin, once I've seen him I can focus on other SW figures. Bespin/Hoth Han just seems like an obvious choice, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least do the Bespin outfit.

The only thing I have on my mind is ROTS Anakin, once I've seen him I can focus on other SW figures. Bespin/Hoth Han just seems like an obvious choice, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least do the Bespin outfit.

Who knows with HT. But to me, everything is pointing to a Bespin version.

A. Bespin Luke
B. SS ESB Fett
C. SS Carbon Freezing Chamber.

Just seems like SS/HT are going ESB heavy with SW right now.

Who knows with HT. But to me, everything is pointing to a Bespin version.

A. Bespin Luke
B. SS ESB Fett
C. SS Carbon Freezing Chamber.

Just seems like SS/HT are going ESB heavy with SW right now.

HT Bespin Luke/SS ESB Vader
HT Bespin Han/SS ESB Fett

Matches better than Hoth Han/Snowtroopers.

HT Bespin Luke/SS ESB Vader
HT Carbonite Han/SS ESB Fett

Matches better than Hoth Han/Snowtroopers.

Fixed. ;)

Seriously though, I think Bespin Han is a very likely bet.

vintage_bespin_han_solo_luke_skywalker_0310.jpg

Back