New Star Wars Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Howard Chan mentioned in a interview that Anakin and Han are next followed by an Episode II character. And so them mentioning a seperate Episode II character Im going to assume that Anakin will not be Episode II, but III. Unless they do a two pack with both.

Okay, so wait, lol, this is really confusing me. So Anakin is next, or Han is next, or do we know for sure? See, that's what I thought, in regards to what version of Anakin we were getting. This whole time I've been thinking ROTS. Sometimes threads just confuse me when I've got it straight to begin with. LOL. :thud:

And most likely just bcuz it's ROTS - the best PT movie.

Im not sure why everyone says this. It essentially had all the same problems as episode 2, just turned up to 11.
If anything it was worse, as it rushed through the main story yet contained all these unnessessary side plots Lucas wanted to cram in because it was his last chance to do so.

Okay, so wait, lol, this is really confusing me. So Anakin is next, or Han is next, or do we know for sure? See, that's what I thought, in regards to what version of Anakin we were getting. This whole time I've been thinking ROTS. Sometimes threads just confuse me when I've got it straight to begin with. LOL. :thud:

Howard Chan didnt make mention of which is next Anakin or Solo. Im going to assume Anakin. HT will probably go back and forth between PT and OT to satisfy both camps.

OT-Bespin Luke
PT-Anakin
OT-Solo
PT-Episode II Character
OT-

Etc etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Howard Chan didnt make mention of which is next Anakin or Solo. Im going to assume Anakin. HT will probably go back and forth between PT and OT to satisfy both camps.

OT-Bespin Luke
PT-Anakin
OT-Solo
PT-Episode II Character
OT-

Etc etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Rzeznikk, that's what I was thinking as well. Plus it would be really cool to get Luke and Anakin back to back. I guess there are good reasons to support both figures being the next one, but I'm going to stick with Anakin until it's confirmed either way.

ROTS is better b/c Anakin is a bad ass, imo.

I think the Episode II character will be Mace. They've already done Samuel L. Jackson twice with the Octopus and Nick Fury figures so they know they can do his head sculpt.

I personally do hope it's Mace.

Howard Chan breezed by that comment about Anakin and Han being next, I'm holding out hope that BOTH will be revealed at SDCC. Since it's been almost an entire year since the Luke announcement, I can see them revealing 2 at this year's show. And they can just stagger the actual release dates, like one in December and one next June.

i'm not a fan of mace at all, but i would consider it based on price and sculpt...im hoping for rots ani and bespin han (which i take is the hope of the majority).

Ultimately I would love to be able to have a shelf each for the PT and OT heroes...but would a separate display area for a rots duel (like my BD luke and new SS Vader will have)

Hot Toys...please make definitive versions of the following with crap loads of accessories and swappable face pieces and or heads.

Darth Maul (I really thought he'd be one of the first out of the gate since EpI came out in Feb)
Jango Fett (Ep II character?--I can only hope this is who they mean)
Boba Fett (doubtful since Sideshow is releasing a version soon - but I can dream)
Yoda (I want an Ep II/III version of yoda with light saber and plety of poseability and a stand that enables you to get some mid air posing out of him)
Obi (any and all versions)
Really any Sith character makes me happy :yess:

Episode II character better be Padme in her Arena outfit.

I'm pretty sure Hot Toys can't make characters that Sideshow has yet to do. I know this has been a debate in the past here but while they did Padme in her Ilum outfit, I think they can only do that version of Padme.

I wish Hot Toys or Sideshow would tell us if that restriction is based on character or on outfit. I guess Han will probably be the answer to that if he is released with anything that Sideshow's previous versions did not have.

I'd bet money that they can't do outfits that Sideshow hasn't yet done.

Count Dooku EP II would be nice.

That indeed would be awesome. I'm really just hoping HT only picks up human characters while Sideshow works on all the other aliens. Sideshow does a great job with them, but their paint apps never seem to look realistic... and would stand out awkwardly if displayed by the Hot Toys figures. imo

Hopefully they reuse the HT DX Indy sculpt for Han. Star Wars fans deserve to share in its awesomeness :)

Science Friction said:
That's what I thought, when Invictus said AOTC that threw me off, as he seems to really know his stuff.
Sorry I led you astray on that. Really got tangled-up on that 3rd figure being AOTC and confounded it with Anakin, for some reason.

Aside from my face-palming shame, though, what really blew me away once I checked out the link you posted was...

Tusken_Raiders said:
From HTC (Hot Toys Community) on Facebook...

Well I can't speak/read Chinese, but it looks like Anakin might be the next Star Wars figure...

As well as Back to the Future, Blade Runner [my bolding] and Blade...Hope to hear some more news...

I'd love to see a Batty and Deckard from Blade Runner. Kind of surprised there hasn't been more news about this if HT is going to produce them. Anyone else heard anything?

No worries Invictus, that's just how it goes when all we have so little information.

Yeah, I'm not really too sure, I don't really know much outside of the recent news. It's hard to keep things straight when there are so many different sources of information and a lot of them are in a foreign language. >.<

Back