New Star Wars Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:monkey1

How would they handle Hoth Luke then? Odds are they wouldn't make a second ESB Luke (Hoth or X-Wing). If (and when) SS makes a Tauntaun, Hoth Han will look mighty fine on his mount. Maybe HT will take the HULK body, cover it in white fur and give us a Wampa? ;)

I think an SSC hoth luke and x-wing pilot are in the works...I remember a year or two back they offer a glimpse in a production blog about the outfits...no figures though. Anyone else remember this?

I recall a taun taun. They actually showed concept art / something of them in gear? Cool..............Hoth is by far my favorite piece of the SW films.

Do you guys think we will hear anything before Comic Con or get the debut of the next figure there?

Maybe one reveal before SDCC. Hell, there's still half the stuff shown at last years con still isn't out yet. I wonder how Grevious is coming along. That's gotta be an engineering nightmare. I mean Hasbro could barely keep the 3 3/4" ones standing. I imagine this will be really hard to do. One loose joint and it'll never stand without a serious stand.

...I wonder how Grevious is coming along. That's gotta be an engineering nightmare...

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing for a while, too. And then you've got the four arms each holding a lightsaber (I'm assuming sculpted to the hand) as a necessary option, too. Can't imagine some of the frustrations they must be going through trying to make a stable figure that they won't have to worry about getting returned all the time due to breakage.

Hopefully they'll show a new Star Wars figure at SDCC. It'll probably be Han Solo or Anakin,

I hope so. Either one would be fine, but I'm dying to see Anakin. The PT was "my Star Wars" (I'm only 23), so I have a connection to those incarnations of the characters over most OT characters. Still, Han isn't too far behind, I'm just a little worried like everyone else that Hot Toys will sculpt an off likeness again. So I almost want to delay seeing him longer because it's a bit tense, lol.

I hope so. Either one would be fine, but I'm dying to see Anakin. The PT was "my Star Wars" (I'm only 23), so I have a connection to those incarnations of the characters over most OT characters. Still, Han isn't too far behind, I'm just a little worried like everyone else that Hot Toys will sculpt an off likeness again. So I almost want to delay seeing him longer because it's a bit tense, lol.

:goodpost:

I actually kind of enjoyed ROTS. I liked the characters and hope that HT do a Obi-Wan too.

I know it would be a long way out, wishful thinking and may never actually happen. But my biggest hope is for an awesome sculpt of ANH Obi-Wan. If they only did one SW character and that was it I would be happy.

I really think a ESB Han makes the most sense for a SDCC debut. SS has said they're going Bespin heavy and we know they'll be showing some Hoth stuff as well. Bespin Han displayed with SS Carbon Freeze chamber, Hoth Han with a SS Tauntaun? Anyway, it would seem to make sense, assuming SS and HT could get on the same page, timing wise. I'm really ready for a big ESB product influx! There's not enough Empire in my/our collections.... Really, SS Bespin Han, Bespin Luke, Lando, Yoda, IG-88 and Captain Nieda? I mean, we will have Boba Fett by then but for the most part ESB lags way behind SW and Jedi in terms of SS releases so it would be cool for both SS and HT to keep pushing out the Empire figures now.

Yeah, I concur. ESB is to me the one flawless Star Wars movie and the one I want the most figures from, by far. Aside from Bespin Han, Bossk, Probot and Snowtroopers/commanders, I'd even pick-up something like 2-1B, just because I like the design.

Really looking forward to seeing what they reveal for Hoth and Bespin environments, too. Hoping we're going to be blown away by reveals at this years SDCC.

HT just needs to be the heavy-hitters line and leave the rest to Sideshow.

SSC can work on aliens, clone variants, and less complicated figures, and reduce the numbers offered per year; while also changing the whole edition size thing. HT can take on the major characters from each movie, hopefully at two or three a year.

Honestly, though, with the way Marvel is taking off, I can see why HT might move the SW stuff to the back-burner.

Back