New Star Trek movie date set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be cool if SSC would pick it up - could finally get that 1/6 Matt Damon that I've always wanted!

If Matt Damon is Captain Kirk, someone please kill me before that date. I'd rather be dead then to see my childhood hero reduced to a pathetic hack.

This movie sounds like a terrible idea. Shatner is Kirk, Nimoy is Spock etc., you can't recast those parts. I'm usually willing to give just about any movie the benefit of the doubt until I've actually seen it, but I just don't see how this one's going to work.

I would have rather seen Abrams Superman than what Singer did with it, so I'm open to what he'll do with Trek.

Abrams is a hack too. This season of Lost proves it as did M:I III. Somebody needs to kill Abrams now.

Trek needs to STOP going backwards in time and move forward!! All the movies and series from now on should be set in TNG/DS9/Voyager time or LATER.

Thank you.

Trek needs to just stop PERIOD! Rick Berman and Brannon Braga ran the franchise into the ground.

dekadentdave said:
Abrams is a hack too. This season of Lost proves it as.

i'm not defending him, but he's only written 5 episodes of the entire series. just like with alias, he has a pattern of creating shows and then abandoning them to others. so you'll have to blame someone else if you hate Lost.:lol

Here is the Trek movie I would like to see. Take a few characters from each of the crews of NG, DS9, and Voyager and send them on a Mission Impossible type of adventure. You could even throw in Sulu or Chekov as a nod to TOS. Then if another movie follows, change up the cast.

Darklord Dave said:
I would have rather seen Abrams Superman than what Singer did with it, so I'm open to what he'll do with Trek.

I'd have rathered Abrams do Superman and Singer do Trek. But Abrams is a much better helmer than the Berman & Braga team.

After seeing the Departed, I now have a lot more respect for Damon. I think he'll be a good Kirk. But how many movies can they make of the young Kirk and Spock?

well I think this could be good. Poeple need to learn to stop being so negative about something that isnt even made yet. Everyone said that recasting Galactica and making Starbuck a woman "was terrible and this show stinks and I wont be watching and... and... " well you get the idea

and it's turned out to be one of TV best shows in terms of storytelling, drama and quality

give things a chance people!! ....THEN you can comment, jeez

hunky_artist said:
Everyone said that recasting Galactica and making Starbuck a woman "was terrible and this show stinks and I wont be watching and... and... "

Yup! Worst idea EVER! Starbuck ain't no chick! They ruined that show too and my childhood is being raped one franchise at a time. Hollywood is so bankrupt of original ideas that it has to reinvent everything that has already been done and it is sacrilege! Damon ain't even half the man the Kirk is. Shatner is GOD!!!!

hunky_artist said:
well I think this could be good. Poeple need to learn to stop being so negative about something that isnt even made yet. Everyone said that recasting Galactica and making Starbuck a woman "was terrible and this show stinks and I wont be watching and... and... " well you get the idea

and it's turned out to be one of TV best shows in terms of storytelling, drama and quality

give things a chance people!! ....THEN you can comment, jeez

I agree..... I'll give it a shot nontheless and see what I think when that day comes. It's an interesting idea, so we will see what comes of it. Should be kinda cool, actually.

boo!! i've never been a huge Trekkie, but you guys have to admit the past couple movies have been the pits. i think its pretty sad that they have to keep revisiting the same old characters again. i'd rather see a young picard than a young kirk.

As a long time and devoted Trek fan I am looking forward to the relaunch of the series. It may end up being horrible, but it is something the series needs. Will I have a hard time adjusting to someone else being called James T. Kirk? I figure no harder than adjusting to a new James Bond every few years. Putting big names into the roles is a good way to draw non Trek fans into the theater(at least opening weekend) to see what this new Trek is all about.

Those who advocate placing a new movie into the complex history that is Trek are thinking like Trek fans and not business people. The idea is to make money and having some star power can do that. It will also help if the movie is good.

Dont get me wrong I love my Trek. However Trek and I will both be 41 this year and its time for a fresh start.

Remakes, reimaginings and upgrades do nothing to detract from the original material. Personally I'd rather see a Trek show set in the future of Voyager with the time traveling ship. But I'll give a big screen Kirk/Spock show a try.

However wasn't Spock already 90 or something when he met Kirk?

Starbuck is a chick.

Damon will be Kirk.

Hayden is the ghost of Anakin

and there is a commitee which exists in the shadows whose billowing aim is the rape your childhood.

:joy :joy :banana :dance :banana :joy :joy

Back