Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do think the new PFs are superior. But I respect everyone's opinion.

I think it's only natural though. As time goes item, details, technology gets better to produce these things. Companies get bolder, etc.

I think that's why there are so few 'grails' anymore because there's always something that comes along that's better.

For me, the PF designs are more in line with representations of the characters that I like. This Venom is one that resonates with me, especially with the McFarlane head.

For me, the PF designs are more in line with representations of the characters that I like. This Venom is one that resonates with me, especially with the McFarlane head.

:rock

That McFarlane head is growing on it. I didn't appreciate it a lot at first, but I'm definitely more so now.

e4a489299f359b4c6d2927e00a967c4d.jpg

cd8297eca7808b2aab48cb0003c57753.jpg

bf1f63a5abf86b62d12417cd25be2193.jpg

Last edited:
I really do think the new PFs are superior. But I respect everyone's opinion.

I think it's only natural though. As time goes item, details, technology gets better to produce these things. Companies get bolder, etc.

I think that's why there are so few 'grails' anymore because there's always something that comes along that's better.

seeing as the XM doesn't seem to be going down in price at all, I'm inching closer and closer to getting this guy instead. The Mcfarlane head is pretty good.

I don't see why not if they can do Venom. After all, a Prime version would be much more expensive than the SS version. SS still makes money on distribution too.
They're doing a spidey, and I think it's the best out of the SS, IS and XM releases

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I ordered the Prime one as well. After seeing this one in person, I'm glad I did. The texture on Sideshow's isn't what I attribute to Venom, and overall I think this statue has a weaker presence.

The old com wasn't super smooth and had different textures throughout the statue. I dare to say that it's slightly more textured than the current XM and Prime 1 versions.

Compared to the PF though, it is less pronounced as they a. For me, I like this take as it adds an extra dimension of detail (like the symbiote is constantly shifting/moving). If it was going to be smooth I feel like the muscle detail would have to be extreme to keep it from looking kind of lifeless/cheap. That and give it something like a slick finish.

I just hope he's a strong 1/4 as the com looks slightly underscaled next to the XM 1/4 bust. How did he look next to Carnage Zod?

Last edited:
The old com wasn't super smooth and had different textures throughout the statue. I dare to say that it's slightly more textured than the current XM and Prime 1 versions.

Compared to the PF though, it is less pronounced as they a. For me, I like this take as it adds an extra dimension of detail (like the symbiote is constantly shifting/moving). If it was going to be smooth I feel like the muscle detail would have to be extreme to keep it from looking kind of lifeless/cheap. That and give it something like a slick finish.

I just hope he's a strong 1/4 as the com looks slightly underscaled next to the XM 1/4 bust. How did he look next to Carnage Zod?

Even though they're not what I'm looking for, Venom and Carnage look good together.

How do you have a chance to pre-order XM Venom? I thought they don't distribute in the US until their 1/6 DC line worldwide announcement this week?

Hey everyone, i'm new to collecting and don't understand how people can hate on Venom pf, I looked at the comiquette, XM's and Prime 1's and think they all trail behind this one IMO. Is this because most haters are people who already either own the comiquette/XM venom or because they can't afford the Venom PF?
Sorry if that came out sounding brutal but I honestly want to know.

It's all preference. I own the OG Comiquette and I have this one on PO. I love them both.

Hey everyone, i'm new to collecting and don't understand how people can hate on Venom pf, I looked at the comiquette, XM's and Prime 1's and think they all trail behind this one IMO. Is this because most haters are people who already either own the comiquette/XM venom or because they can't afford the Venom PF?
Sorry if that came out sounding brutal but I honestly want to know.

Back