Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each to their own. I think this representation shows the characteristics of the symbiote more than Eddie Brock.

No worries. If that's what you like then you'll be happy with the PF. I like more of a 50/50 ratio. Brock plays a big part of Venom's make up. I prefer a smoother looking Venom that isn't showing off with leaping acrobatics. I don't mind compact so long as it's showing off Venom's power or rage. I like the more acrobatic poses for characters like Beast or Nightcraler. However, it's like you said...to each their own.

No worries. If that's what you like then you'll be happy with the PF. I like more of a 50/50 ratio. Brock plays a big part of Venom's make up. I prefer a smoother looking Venom that isn't showing off with leaping acrobatics. I don't mind compact so long as it's showing off Venom's power or rage. I like the more acrobatic poses for characters like Beast or Nightcraler. However, it's like you said...to each their own.
He clearly is a 50/50 make up of both the Symbiote and Eddie but this pose is showing the agility and skills which Eddie wouldn't have been capable of without the Symbiote. All the other venom statues on the market are doing poses that the average person could pull off.
I also think the leaping acrobatics suits venom considering he is meant to have similar movement and agility as Spider-Man.

Thoughts?
cf7b44fb8d9060863b8b8cb5d077535e.jpg
29cda21b154b5964a1ba99bc01e9051d.jpg
d13da5eafa81eb0ed6f62981b934e2d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy... That looks just like Venom
They are both leaping off something with one hand, are you going to say the new wolverine PF looks exact same as prime 1 and XM venom because they all have the same pose lol

ding ding ding

Bowen's been there and done that.

View attachment 359768

Exactly. This pose works perfectly for Beast. Venom isn't Spidey. Spidey leaps around and over things. He tumbles and bounces around. Venom likes to break and destroy things. He's much more a straight path to my enemy kind of character. He certainly has never been portrayed as acrobatic as Spidey is. Pose just doesn't work for me in relation to the character.

They are both leaping off something with one hand, are you going to say the new wolverine PF looks exact same as prime 1 and XM venom because they all have the same pose lol

Now those are some great poses for Venom. As soon as I saw both those Venom pieces I thought they both looked very aggressive and mean. Just like how I picture Venom. Funny enough, I picture Wolverine the same way. I guess that's why the poses work for both characters. Beast and Spidey...very acrobatic and would probably be seen in similar poses. Venom...not.

He clearly is a 50/50 make up of both the Symbiote and Eddie but this pose is showing the agility and skills which Eddie wouldn't have been capable of without the Symbiote. All the other venom statues on the market are doing poses that the average person could pull off.
I also think the leaping acrobatics suits venom considering he is meant to have similar movement and agility as Spider-Man.

Sorry but I disagree. Spidey is far more acrobatic than Venom. That's why Venom has a hard time getting his hands on Spidey. If they both had similar speed and agility, Spidey wouldn't last a minute against Venom.

Love the skin texture on this. This is what Venom looks like to me. Also, I like the pose much more than the PF. However, not feeling the tank he's breaking out of for some reason.

Yeah agree. im still iffy on that tank lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but I disagree. Spidey is far more acrobatic than Venom. That's why Venom has a hard time getting his hands on Spidey. If they both had similar speed and agility, Spidey wouldn't last a minute against Venom.
You do realise that Venom possess the same abilities as the symbiotes previous host? Only difference between venom and spidey is Spider-Man has a lighter build and Venom has the advantage of avoiding his Spider senses. There are plenty of times venom has been depicted shooting web and leaping around so I don't see how using one hand to valt over something is wrong. It shows speed power and aggression at its peak. If you have him standing there with his arms spread it looks more like a hulk pose. You wouldn't see hulk in this leaping pose because he is just pure brute strength and mass so smashing through walls is 100% his go to sculpt. With this PF Venom has finally been recognised for his spider like abilities, I would have liked if they had shown some webbing shooting out as well but they obviously wanted to capture a shot of him the split second before he makes contact with Spider-Man.

I agree with what you say. I like this pose!

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Good to see someone else agrees

It doesn't matter if anyone agrees with you or not. So long as you guys like it, that's all that matters. My opinion is still the same but it shouldn't sway you either way if you guys like the piece. In the grand scheme of things opinions will always very. I've never let differing opinions stop me from enjoying a statue I've purchased and like.

It doesn't matter if anyone agrees with you or not. So long as you guys like it, that's all that matters. My opinion is still the same but it shouldn't sway you either way if you guys like the piece. In the grand scheme of things opinions will always very. I've never let differing opinions stop me from enjoying a statue I've purchased and like.
Yeah feel the same going to like what you like, just thought he made good a post.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I was merely just appreciating another Venom fan who has taken the time to let me know they share a similar opinion.
In an earlier post you said you don't mind a Venom with a compressed pose as long as he is showing off aggression and rage... sounds like someone who is trying to diss this statue but realised they own the com and need to stick up for it somehow lol.
I've seen you posting in the Prime 1 Venom forum saying you don't like this. I'm not sure why you need to come to this forum to say it to unless you need someone to agree with you or if this is the only way for you to justify that the XM and Prime 1 are the better options.
Yes everyone has an opinion but don't come to this thread and fight with the people who have most likely paid a lot of money (or in the process) of paying a lot of money for it.

I was merely just appreciating another Venom fan who has taken the time to let me know they share a similar opinion.
In an earlier post you said you don't mind a Venom with a compressed pose as long as he is showing off aggression and rage... sounds like someone who is trying to diss this statue but realised they own the com and need to stick up for it somehow lol.
I've seen you posting in the Prime 1 Venom forum saying you don't like this. I'm not sure why you need to come to this forum to say it to unless you need someone to agree with you or if this is the only way for you to justify that the XM and Prime 1 are the better options.
Yes everyone has an opinion but don't come to this thread and fight with the people who have most likely paid a lot of money (or in the process) of paying a lot of money for it.

This is a discussion forum. Some people will agree with our point of view and some won't. I'll express my opinion wherever I want and wherever I want. I expect you to do the same. If we don't agree, no blood no foul. We'll simply agree to disagree. Lastly...are we fighting? I'm not dissing or calling out anyone who purchased or likes the PF. I bought the HULK COM when everyone said his face looked like Mike Tyson's. I bought the Emma Frost PF when just about everyone was panning it. I bought the brown Wolvie PF when most members were trashing the portraits, etc... I never jumped on anyone because their opinion didn't jibe with mine. I didn't tell anyone not to post their opinions in threads if they didn't like a piece, and I most certainly never told anyone they were picking a fight because they didn't share my opinion on a piece. If you want to participate in a forum, you'll need some thicker skin. Most of us here aren't looking for a fight. They are just sharing thoughts on a topic.

Back