Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the exclusive. good edition size...and I had a $20 code that was about to expire, lol : )

I guess I'm one of the few that thinks SSC representation of Venom is great. It's supposed to be an alien symbiote suite so the skin texture as I would imagine in real life would be represented well by SSC. Which makes it even harder to decide which Venom to go for... P1 or SSC.... XM is way too expensive buying from the US.

I guess I'm one of the few that thinks SSC representation of Venom is great. It's supposed to be an alien symbiote suite so the skin texture as I would imagine in real life would be represented well by SSC. Which makes it even harder to decide which Venom to go for... P1 or SSC.... XM is way too expensive buying from the US.

I think the ss looks great. I even like the macfarlane head more on ss. That being said the pose and hight the prime 1 would fit better with my ss spidey tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the clock is a well known part of venom's storyline...

Is it in reference to his weakness or his origin in the movie?

I think the ss looks great. I even like the macfarlane head more on ss. That being said the pose and hight the prime 1 would fit better with my ss spidey tho

I wonder, everyone seems to be a fan of the McFarlane heads that have the mouth open, if P1 changed theirs last minute would it be even more appealing than it already is? :huh

I wonder, everyone seems to be a fan of the McFarlane heads that have the mouth open, if P1 changed theirs last minute would it be even more appealing than it already is? :huh

Kinda sorta ...its where Spidey separates himself from the symbiote and basically the beginning to the Venom/Brock origin. Brock and the symbiote didn't meet at the tower. The church bell in the tower would be a better representation of Venom's weakness as that's what Spidey used to create high frequency sonic waves to remove/reject the symbiote.

1000 edition size for the EX is pretty good. I honestly thought it would be 2000+. I do like the texture look as well. I like the SSC version better than P1. Not digging the base at all, but will find a way to make it work with the rest of the Spidey line when he arrives. This line will be best displayed with the pieces being on different elevations. I am looking forward to building a massive diorama display case.

Highly unlikely, but that would be sweet

I like it and if there wasn't other options I would have no problem getting it. I like the show of movement I think its good but I just like the prime 1 more.

Actually both, As stated its how spider-man rejects the symbiote and of course theres the scene in the movie. Him destroying the clock is a nice touch on the statue to me.

Now that some time has passed and the P1 hype has died down a little, I've actually decided I like this version the best. The smoke on the base is really my only nitpick, but it wouldn't look so out of place next to Spidey's exploding base. I wonder if I can fit this, Spidey, and Goblin on the same Pax shelf.

As cool as it is that there are three options available, I really wish one of the companies would make Doc Ock already. Sounds like XM went back to the drawing board. Him and Goblin are easily Spidey's top 2 villains in my book.

Doc Ock needs some love, would love to see SSC or P1 take a stab at him. I would say XM too but there's no way I can be able to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at XM, Prime 1, and SS venom. I can't believe the SS venom does not get more love. It is huge, the EX is great, the base is great, pose is dynamic, and it is sculpted by Martin Canale. In my opinion the SS version is way better than XM and Prime 1.

Looking at XM, Prime 1, and SS venom. I can't believe the SS venom does not get more love. It is huge, the EX is great, the base is great, pose is dynamic, and it is sculpted by Martin Canale. In my opinion the SS version is way better than XM and Prime 1.

It is a great statue, but many folks dislike the pose. It hides too much of the body IMO...

It is a great statue, but many folks dislike the pose. It hides too much of the body IMO...

i think the superiority in this statue is in the pose? the pose is very dynamic if we compared it to the others (XM & P1).
Anyway i love this statue better than the others :lol

I think that's because it's the worst of the three by far. It's just not up to par. The texture is what kills it for most.

I actually like all three versions of Venom ...P1, XM and SSC.

If I couldn't get XM, I wouldn't mind getting P1 ...if I couldn't get P1, then I wouldn't mind getting SSC ...and if I couldn't get SSC, then I wouldn't mind getting XM. And I will say that each one has at least one thing that I don't like ...so none of them is perfect.

As far as the SSC version goes ...one thing I don't like is that he is crouched ...and does hide a portion of his body. But that's only because he is in a vey dynamic pose ...which I do like. So its a tradeoff.

As for the XM version ...I don't like how lumpy and how messy the emblem is on his body ...which looks like it was drawn in with a felt pen. But I do like the 3 head sculpts. Again ...a tradeoff.

For the P1 version ...I don't like that he's a tad too big than what I expect of Venom ...almost Hulk size compared to Spidey. But I do like the portraits and musculature on this piece. Tradeoff here too.

Pick your poison ...at least you have 3 great choices. Don't matter what other people think.

Let me start off by saying I have P1 and SS on order. I hope to order the XM Venom when I get some more money together and I have some other XMs I want to get first.
I actually think its the strange texture of the SS, that I still don't like, really hurts it. The pose is interesting but I like the simplistic pose on the XM the best. I don't like the little Venoms and they are distracting on the XM and P1. I like the hulking look of the P1 and the little attention to details on that piece.
Each piece has pros and cons in my opinion. I think for me, the switchout heads on the XM and the pose put it at #1 for me, with P1 a close second. SS something about it I just don't love, but I'm a Venom fanboy so I ordered it anyways.

Let me start off by saying I have P1 and SS on order. I hope to order the XM Venom when I get some more money together and I have some other XMs I want to get first.
I actually think its the strange texture of the SS, that I still don't like, really hurts it. The pose is interesting but I like the simplistic pose on the XM the best. I don't like the little Venoms and they are distracting on the XM and P1. I like the hulking look of the P1 and the little attention to details on that piece.
Each piece has pros and cons in my opinion. I think for me, the switchout heads on the XM and the pose put it at #1 for me, with P1 a close second. SS something about it I just don't love, but I'm a Venom fanboy so I ordered it anyways.

XM have provided small extra pieces for the base that cover the peg holes of the mini venoms so you don't have to display them, just FYI.

To get the exc SS, we gotta pay a big money for international collectors. That might be putting off some collectors for the SS.

Back