Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the Venom. He's my favorite character and I just started collected over a year ago and haven't had the chance to get a nice Venom statue without paying way over retail price. I have the Symbiote Spidey PF and these should go great together. I saw this statue in person at NYCC and it sold me then. Plus, I really want that exclusive head. That's what Venom looks like to me. You can get the wild jaw, tongue-hanging venom in most of the other statues. This one will be my definitive Venom.

$624 are you serious? Bane maaaaybe but this? I dont see it. Sideshow is getting crazy. Come prime 1 lets see yours.

I ordered the Venom. He's my favorite character and I just started collected over a year ago and haven't had the chance to get a nice Venom statue without paying way over retail price. I have the Symbiote Spidey PF and these should go great together. I saw this statue in person at NYCC and it sold me then. Plus, I really want that exclusive head. That's what Venom looks like to me. You can get the wild jaw, tongue-hanging venom in most of the other statues. This one will be my definitive Venom.

It's definitely a good looking statue, and realistically, I'll end up getting it, but I'm hoping Prime does something soon....at this rate though, I might as well just stick with SSC. :lol

I used $150 RPs on it. So it dropped down to $450. That's about $50 a month in payments. I can handle that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

$624 is a BIG HELL NO. Congrats to those who got in on it that can afford it. These PFs are reaching new heights of WTF pricing. I can't imagine if the Star Wars Speeder Bike and Scout PF was released today how much they'd price that at. Back in the day that was $799, but you could easily see why. I don't see $624 here with Venom.

With the TBD edition size and the price, there is literally no reason to rush and pre-order this. Might as well wait till more information from Prime 1 Studio before making a decision (we'll probably know more during the Wonder Festival in Tokyo next month).

With the TBD edition size and the price, there is literally no reason to rush and pre-order this. Might as well wait till more information from Prime 1 Studio before making a decision (we'll probably know more during the Wonder Festival in Tokyo next month).

Never heard of Wonder Fest, but I'm hoping to see something then!!! :rock

Normally I'm a big whore for the exclusive statues. However this time I think i'll just get a normal one from a Canadian store. Save a few hundred dollars that way almost. I don't care for the exclusive head very much.

Used my $172 reward point and ordered. Prime one might be great, but I probably can't take their price since this piece will be big.

Used

$324 reward points on this

$300 left on this

With the nrd out of the way $238 left

Deadpool and Venom are teetering on insanity pricing

Fortunate I've been saving my points

I intend to do the same for Magneto and Flash

I don't understand this logic. "I've been saving my hard earned points so I can spend them on a product where the price is artificially inflated." Sideshow might as well not give points at all since at least in this specific scenario, your points are largely going to the price increase. Not the same story for Carnage, Green Lantern or Aquaman for example.

"Sideshow raised the price of X statue by $50 compared to all of the other ones in the line! Ooh, a $50 coupon! I'm saving money!"

The RP could be considered a slight hedge against inflation

Better than nothing considering other people redeemed their points prematurely

I've been waiting to finish my XMEN collection

So there is a silver lining to an unintended consequence

Back