Statue New Sideshow Godzilla Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this shot.

godzilla-statue-sideshow-200365-11.jpg

Add some smoke and it's pretty much what's going on in the teaser clip.

GODZILLA-700.jpg

His face looks amazing here, so much better than the maquette.

godzilla-statue-sideshow-200365-07.jpg

Another shot in the cool lighting, I would love to see the full photo used in the photoshop shot and the product thumbnail in our banner, not sure why it's not posted.

godzilla-statue-sideshow-200365-10.jpg

Depending on where you go there's no harm in a preorder, but odds are this won't sell out fast, the maquette is still easily ordered.

While this does look better than the maquette, I find the head looks way oversized, throwing off the overall proprtion quite a bit. Almost too 'bulldog' like with its big head.

While this does look better than the maquette, I find the head looks way oversized, throwing off the overall proprtion quite a bit. Almost too 'bulldog' like with its big head.

Darn head is bigger than a watermelon. The piece needs to be bigger like the marquette. Sideshow had their chance and blew it with the marquette, which is unfortunate. Given the marquette's failure, I doubt they will release another large piece. Hopefully another make will step up to the plate.

The head and neck are a bit larger proportional to the body than they should be, I wouldn't argue against people spotting that.

Ss-godzilla-2014-1k.jpg

godzilla_image_55ee33011d13f.jpg

Personally, I don't find it a problem due to the overall quality of the piece. I will admit I took issue with some relatively minor flaws like his spine details on the maquette, but that piece didn't wow me as much as this one. The attitude and overall pose to this piece just really speak to me and I'm not so hung up on the body proportions because the small details are much more accurate, though still not 100% and are much more accurate in the face which is the area I care most about.

the maquette looks like a letdown with its crappy paint app, but i went ahead and pre-ordered this statue instead. am hoping sideshow somehow got their act together after realising what they did wrong with the maquette. i also like the pose better, and at this price too. fingers crossed it turns out well.

That isn't bad, this is a similar kind of size to the Pacific Rim Knifehead and that is a great statue in person...

Back