New Psylocke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new one looks like Michael Jackson post Thriller

Less Asian ironically

Sideshow is totally kicking the XMens asses!

Confetti

I really liked the first portrait but whatever

It’s better than nothing

The polar opposite responses between the 2 forums is very interesting.

Yep.

I happened to go to that forum first today. And I'm one of the few to be okay with the new sculpt. On that voting thread that they have its got a 75% vote against the new changes. But it actually seems worse going by the written posts.

I find that sometimes mob mentality wins out in a lot of social media platforms. Especially places like Facebook where a single first opinion turns into an avalanche swallowing up and excluding other points of view.

The new one looks like Michael Jackson post Thriller

Less Asian ironically

Sideshow is totally kicking the XMens asses!

Confetti

I really liked the first portrait but whatever

It’s better than nothing

I'm actually of the opposite opinion in that I think it looks more East Asian than the previous facesculpt :dunno

The lack of East Asian features was the primary reason why I decided against getting this piece originally.

That’s interesting

The first PF received the reverse criticism of looking too Asian

The Con portrait was the spitting image of
Rhona Mitra

images

Half English Half Asian

Well here is a negative response: I hate the change and if they do replace the old portrait this PF is dead to me.

Honestly, I think the response is divided at best. FB and Statueforum seems to indicate so.

Yep.

I happened to go to that forum first today. And I'm one of the few to be okay with the new sculpt. On that voting thread that they have its got a 75% vote against the new changes. But it actually seems worse going by the written posts.

I find that sometimes mob mentality wins out in a lot of social media platforms. Especially places like Facebook where a single first opinion turns into an avalanche swallowing up and excluding other points of view.

There is definitely a mob mentality in the big Facebook groups. People gonna sheeple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the old portrait as well. I don’t get why they just don’t include a CoH for the Ex is those that want the new one.

I would have gotten the old one. I won’t get the new one.

Well here is a negative response: I hate the change and if they do replace the old portrait this PF is dead to me.

Honestly, I think the response is divided at best. FB and Statueforum seems to indicate so.

Currently on SF, with over a 100 votes, it appears approximately only 1/3 are okay with the new changes. Though the amount of negative posts would indicate worse.

Currently on SF, with over a 100 votes, it appears approximately only 1/3 are okay with the new changes. Though the amount of negative posts would indicate worse.

Yeah, but usually unhappy poeple are louder than the happy people. I won’t say the forum reaction and FB is 100% accurate. But, there seems to be a lot of negative response and I do think overall the change will do more bad than good for sideshow. I really think it will be in their favor to provide both portraits.

I love the old portrait as well. I don’t get why they just don’t include a CoH for the Ex is those that want the new one.

I would have gotten the old one. I won’t get the new one.

Yeah, but usually unhappy poeple are louder than the happy people. I won’t say the forum reaction and FB is 100% accurate. But, there seems to be a lot of negative response and I do think overall the change will do more bad than good for sideshow. I really think it will be in their favor to provide both portraits.

Agreed and agreed, do we know if we'll get both versions as i hate the new one

Funny thing is i never saw anyone
anywhere say they loved the original sculpt. Just ok, European and trans. I was ok with it. But I prefer this one better. It just sucks that the loudest voices are the ones that never planned on getting it in the 1st place. Or so it seems

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

People were more in favour of the 1st sculpt after the con. Hopefully this looks better in person, for now I don't like it. Something just looks off about it to me.

anywhere say they loved the original sculpt. Just ok, European and trans. I was ok with it. But I prefer this one better. It just sucks that the loudest voices are the ones that never planned on getting it in the 1st place. Or so it seems

Probably the furthest thing from the truth

The general consensus was X23 and Psylocke were exceptional

Emma had a Glen Close Fatal Attraction crazy “man” portrait for EX

Rogue didn’t change cost too much to create a new portrait (yet it didn’t for Psylocke??)

Mystique they cancelled the EX coh at the last minute. Costs just as much as Black Widow ... which comes with 2 portraits... more than Wonder Woman. It has the most unoriginal base.

Just seems like they sabotaged a line that most people were looking forward to (those of us that have collected the incomplete line from 10 years ago).

If they wanted to do the best for the statue then why remove features that were displayed to a crowd of 200 000 plus at the biggest convention of the year?

I’ve ordered all the XMen pieces but this one is a big middle finger to collectors. How about changing any other line than XMen?

Collectors have been appeasing and accommodating with their mistakes long enough.

First PF changed as well yet they didn’t pull a bait and switch from Comic Con like this one.

Really? I’ve seen a lot of people loving the original sculpt. She had one of the best response out of the 5 new X-ladies especially after the con.

New face reminds me of those creepy faces in the 'Truth or Dare' film that look like a messed up Snapchat filter

Oh well. Maybe i got the headsculpt comments mixed with another statue. I was ok with the first sculpt. I like this one slightly better.

As for changing a statue after its been shown to thouthands of attendees at a con. Its simple. Its a prototype.

Same crap happened to the DC collectibles trinity sculpted by Erick Sosa. The changes they made after the reveal at NY comic con was idiotic. Loved it first. Hated it after. But it happens.

Why bother showing something that doesn’t go into production?

The XMen aren’t really a stand a lone collection

I just figured we’d have better luck on the ladies before the ball was dropped. If the changes were imminent maybe Psylocke should’ve been first up instead of losing NRDs and Interest in the line

It’s not something new, it’s redundant at this point

Hey at least Wolverine turned out great

That's because angry folks are usually more vocal.

Back