New Psylocke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She seriously needs an alternative, more Japanese-looking portrait. If that happens, I'm all over this. Otherwise, pass.

Why do the recent Sideshow females look like a bunch of Men in drag ?

2465t01.jpg

so not only did they make her a dude, they also forgot she is Asian. i am liberally outraged.

:rotfl

I was waiting for someone to put it that way.

Or you could say she's been whitewashed! :dunno

I think I'm more heated about that than I am about my other disagreement on the head.....

We finally have an East Asian character in the new lot of statues, and this is what they do.

Some people have said, Sideshow are going with more realistic takes on a variety of 'women' but what about realistic takes on other races. It goes both ways imo. Or at least it should.

Rant over......

It’s not like they can’t make nice female portraits that are relatively realistic...

dcb310a9d56b7e26b36921b1c52858ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not like they can’t make nice female portraits that are relatively realistic...

dcb310a9d56b7e26b36921b1c52858ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bottom left is worse than any of the new X-Men. Wasp isn’t that great either. The other 2 are fine with Wonder Woman obviously being the best.

That bottom left is worse than any of the new X-Men. Wasp isn’t that great either. The other 2 are fine with Wonder Woman obviously being the best.

Honestly I put the Wasp headsculpt at about the same level as the X-Men ones.

And it's not like the Red Sonya is a drop dead gorgeous headsculpt, but it is extremely well done and looks great.

And nothing really has to be said about the WW headsculpt. She's beautiful. I just hope the production pieces comes out close to the prototypes quality.

But I've been wondering, if these new headsculpts were made in a translucent resin, would that improve the look? Especially given that Sideshow is going for realism. And we all know how that material works for actors likenesses. It just creates greater depth in the pieces imo. It might not be to everyone's tastes with straight comic book sculpts, but I'm thinking it might be the way to go with these types of sculpts.

Honestly I put the Wasp headsculpt at about the same level as the X-Men ones.

And it's not like the Red Sonya is a drop dead gorgeous headsculpt, but it is extremely well done and looks great.

And nothing really has to be said about the WW headsculpt. She's beautiful. I just hope the production pieces comes out close to the prototypes quality.

How attractive someone is, is subjective to the individual. Red Sonja in my view is one of the best looking ones to date. It displays confidence and strength with a feminine ferocity in my view. As I said subjective.

How attractive someone is, is subjective to the individual. Red Sonja in my view is one of the best looking ones to date. It displays confidence and strength with a feminine ferocity in my view. As I said subjective.

I didn't mean to say Red Sonya wasn't attractive, which is why I also said that the headsculpt looks great. And I do agree that she displays the mentioned qualities.

Except that sculpt doesn't look East Asian.

But then neither does the sculpt that they're using either.

Oh well. Can't always get what I want.

East Asian? Like was she ever confirmed or written as a specific region/country?

Huh? I just want to make sure. I know she was British before and i have seen her drawn as an Asian woman a lot. So I was just wondering?

What’s with the Errrr? Haha. The guy said East Asian specifically so I was wondering what he meant

Huh? I just want to make sure. I know she was British before and i have seen her drawn as an Asian woman a lot. So I was just wondering?

What’s with the Errrr? Haha. The guy said East Asian specifically so I was wondering what he meant

I was going for the general region.

But she's most likely Japanese given her history (the physical body anyhow).

Back