New Psylocke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me that looks no better or worse than the current portrait. I still like the original, but I think that if the current portrait was what was initially released, and it was then switched to the "other" one people would have the same reaction regardless of comments as to what looks feminine/masculine, Asian or Anglo.

View attachment 432284

She still look good in that shot...

This. Truth!

Well consolation prize I went with the print instead because I can't get the Warf frown out of my head on this statue.

Looks soooooo good, I was wrong. My apologies for being a ****** bag.

cCsAnPL.jpg

I still think they should’ve smoothed out that ridge between the top of the nose and the forehead.

Almost looks like a prosthetic makeup piece adhered to her forehead.

For all that don’t know already the reason Psylocke doesn’t look Asian in the comics is because when Kwannnon and her switch bodies their DNA is intermingled causing them to look the same despite being different ethnicities. I know there’s been a ton of arguments over this on multiple forums, the original portrait of this statue should have stayed.

“Spiral also uses her magic and the alien technology of her Body Shoppe to intermingle the DNA of the two women. The two bodies now share genetic traits and mutations such as purple hair and eyes, both possessing true telepathic abilities, and have a physical resemblance to each other despite their different races. This resemblance is strong enough that Wolverine is able to recognise Psylocke's face upon seeing her for the first time in Kwannon's body, and later notes that both bodies share a similar smell. Both women are also now able to create psychic weapons - Psylocke a blade of focused telepathic energy from the back of her right hand, and Kwannon a psychic katana construct.”

Giving us the original portrait as a COH for an EX is a no brainer. Don't think that would've been hard for SSC to do either.

Yeah we knew back when the new head was unveiled that we wouldn't be getting the original one. Can't remember what the reason was, something about it not representing the ethnicity of the character

Back