New Protos are out there...who you gettin'?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously. Just the Hot Toys ANH figures alone could fill up a couple of detolfs.
With the 13 figures and the Speeder Bike I already own, I'm going to be close to 30 figures to get all the ones I want. :horror

With the 13 figures and the Speeder Bike I already own, I'm going to be close to 30 figures to get all the ones I want. :horror

Yeah man I am getting to the End Game point in collecting. Spent enough money now and I pretty much have what I want.

These editions will pretty much complete the circle:

Tamashii C3P0
HT TFA R2
SS Vader with HT head
BB-8
1/4 Vader
1/4 Stormtrooper
Delorean 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really excited about the breadth of characters HT is embarking on. But out of the ones that were shown at CC, I’m only definitely getting Old Han. The snowie is a maybe (I may wait for the possible snowie commander instead), and the Falcon is also a maybe but leaning towards yes. It’s like a 65% yes.

Kinda bummed we didn't get a reveal of the 1/6 McQuarrie Vader they've been working on. It looked really promising before and it's the one SSC figure I've been most wanting to get.

:lol I don't have room for anything. :( Even poor Spacetrooper is on the outs. I will say that I may liquidate some of the TFA stuff if it ever finds its way back near retail. I could live with just Rey and the speeder though. It wouldn't take up any detolf space. :lol

Seriously. Just the Hot Toys ANH figures alone could fill up a couple of detolfs.

I think it's a good play. If you wanted my advice, which I know you do, IF I HAD to go with something TFA, I'd go with the scavenger Rey, her Speeder and BB-8. Nothing else. That's a nice little display you could put on a stand alone shelf on the wall next to your detolf display or what have you. Or even on your work desk. But if you really strap in for TFA man.... the troops are infinite, I'm an imperial conservative army builder, but I also go for heroes, I just can't see myself building OT army and TFA army. For this same reason I never touched any of the prequel clones or anything. They looked cool, but OT all the way. Where it starts and where it ends. Obi wan help us all.

Wow! Last year there was next to nothing for me. This year a completely different story!

SS 12"
Dengar
Zuckuss
Han Carbonite

HT 12"
Imperial Gunner
Deathstar Trooper
C-3PO
Gonk Droid
Crossobones
Daredevil

Statues
Bane
Killer Croc
Deadpool
And maybe Hulk/wolverine!

And I'm doing my best to stay away from TFA figures and Suicide Squad but Luke and Han may have me!

Kinda bummed we didn't get a reveal of the 1/6 McQuarrie Vader they've been working on. It looked really promising before and it's the one SSC figure I've been most wanting to get.

Agreed! Been wanting it since they showed it.

I've updated my list:

HT Rey's Speeder
HT Han and Chewie
HT DS Gunner
HT Luke
HT R2D2
SS IG-88
SS Dengar
SS Bossk
SS Zuckuss
SS 4-LOM

Definites-

Hot toys Daredevil

Star Wars:
ESB Yoda

Blitzway Ghostbusters:
If they're only 220, probably 2, if they're 250 plus, maybe only one.

QMX:
Original series Kirk
Original series Spock
Picard
Worf
Data

Superman animated Superman/Lois 2 pack

Star wars black:
Lando
Qui-Gonn Jinn

BIG maybes:
TFA Luke
TFA Chewie
TFA C-3po
TFA R2D2

Dreamex: All 4 turtles, Shredder, Kraang

QMX:
Scott, Sulu, Bones from Star Trek and Kirk from Star Trek Beyond

Hot toys Civil War Falcon, Winter Soldier

Suicide Squad:
Deadshot
Joker in silver suit
Harley Quinn

A whole TIE? Wow! I wish I had room. Besides the Dewback, nothing screams Star Wars more that the bizarre TIE. I love it.

I really like Rey's ride too, but I just can't. It opens a whole new door.

Not sure what I'd want if I could have one large piece -- a vehicle. Always thought Speeder Bike because its small... but then you start thinking about the Landspeeder... and then the Falcon cockpit.... and before you know it you're thinking maybe I could get an AT-AT in here. :lol

So I go back to the Speeder bike... which I didn't get.

Yeah, of large items from this show it will come down to Rey's speeder and the QMX cutaway Falcon--not sure if you've seen that but it's a beaut. Couple of General Zod's awesome pics from that thread. They'll probably end up about the same size when the falcon is covered--it's 17 inches apparently. Don't know what Rey's speeder will be ($350-$500 probably). Estimates so far on the Falcon are $500-$700.

101a76df9bae47b7abdef052fadbf5fc.jpg

378ec4fcc9b285e21e134038fa3c0746.jpg

Anyone order from wzlucky1983 or another China-based ebay seller for Hot Toys. TIred of waiting for the US distributions. Any recommendations are appreciated!

I had WAY too much stuff at SDCC that caught my eye this year... it was sort of insane.

From SSC:
Lobo was super badass. They went with Simon Bisley version which is awesome so that is a definite.
These have all become maybes now seeing all the other awesome stuff on the horizon:
Dengar looks good
Zuckuss is ok. I hope they whether him up a bit more as his skin tones look very "plastic"
4-LOM to complete the six
Han in Carbonite - it looks good but what if HT does one better next year?
They also showed a decent looking Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China but seeing how bad their Snake Plisken came out I have no hope for this

From HT:
I already have TFA Han and Chewie on preorder. Chewie looked good in person, the muzzle seems improved and I liked the coloring
I already have Rey and BB8 on preorder and that Speeder looked amazing but no idea how I would display that.
DS gunner is a must have, I loved their helmets when I was a kid and always wanted a Kenner one
DS commander looks so cool with the console - would be hard to pass up
Snowtrooper looks amazing, not sure about that though, just too much stuff!
I skipped SSC 3PO but not sure about the HT one yet.... I need to see production images and whether his eyes light up
TFA Luke really looked good in person. I am on the fence though, he didn't even speak in the movie
SS Harley looks good. I was hoping for an alternative sculpt to come with her but she is up for preorder so that open mouth one is it. I wish she had seemless knees... as you can see I am searching for reasons to not order her.

Other:
3A showed a 1/6th comic version of Judge Dread that looked really good, I was impressed
1/6th scale He-Man and Skeletor by I have no idea what company looked pretty cool too but I think I have to say no to these
Bliztway's Ghostbusters are definitely impressive, I thought Ray and Peter's heads looked too big but they nailed Igon. I have to pass though,
QMX had a good showing for all things Star Trek (and that reveal Falcon is super cool but you have to display it low enough to make the reveal visible)
New Conans, Ragnar from Vikings looked good at the Chronicle booth (although something seemed off with Conan's torso and his sculpt is not a home run)
There were others too, I cant even remember. I was disappointed once again by lack of ThreeZero... nothing shown.

Now that you mention it the 3A Dredd caught my eye aswell, looks awesome.

Heman/Skeletor 1/6 is by Mondo.

Back